ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:10 AM

This'll probably be a thread overrun by the women of Mene, but the guys are encouraged to jump in as well. ^.^

Anyway, I love to try new beauty products. You name a brand, I've probably given it a shot--but I have a few things that I swear by and love.

One thing is anything made by the brand Nivea. They have this really deep moisturizing lotion that is the only thing that makes my dry skin survive Colorado winters, and the other is their lip balm. That stuff is made of the nectar of the gods.

I also swear by Neutrogena foundations. They never make my skin break out and give me good coverage. ^.^

I've got some more, but go ahead and add to the list. :) Maybe we can all find some more good products from other people's faves.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM

badger highland mint lip balm
*rubs lips together*
refreshing!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 PM

I use the Garnier brand of BB cream, and it's so amazing, except when I rub it over dry patches on my face, 'cause then the dry patches end up looking flakier than usual.

I should try Nivea sometimes. I have really dry skin in random areas because of my eczema. ):

ElysiumFate

Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM

Mmm, I do love anything mint. ^.^

I've wanted try just any kind of BB cream period, but some of them are so expensive! XP

I have psoriasis and use Nivea to help control it, so I'm sure that it would help out eczema.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM

I use Clinques Acne Solutions liquid foundation. It just covers so well, and is actually in my skin tone - since I'm pretty pale most of the time.

Other than that.... I just love soap and shampoo/conditioner that wont strip my skin/hair of all its natural oils... And for shampoos and conditioners - anything that leaves it smelling nice. >3

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 AM

Umm probably Bert's Bees Vanilla Flower shampoo. o3o It just makes my hair look really healthy and mascara by Maybelline or Covergirl. I can do without foundation, powder, and all that, but I HAVE to have mascara on or I'll feel gross, but I don't wear it when I sleep, lol.
Also Neutrogena Acne wash! I must have that. owo;

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 AM

I'm not a beauty queen but there are three things I need.
1. Body lotion! (My skin is so dry all the time!)
2. Conditioner for my hair (Oi it crinkles up if I don't use it!)
3. Face cover up (My face is so red got it from my mother's side if I don't wear it people think I'm ill....)

Note the third one I can't get right now my folks see it as a luxury item and we don't have the money to get it... So I have to deal every day people asking if I'm alright...

RosaDeSantina

Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 AM

I love Clearisil face wash and astrigent (not sure if thats how it is spelled) . it is super good and helps me keep acne at bay.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 AM

Yes to Cucumbers makes this face mask that is awesome. It helps keep my skin from drying out and keeps it clear. I love it. I can only find it at one store here though, which sucks because I use it every other night. I also love Jason brand Hemp lotion and Lush makes this face wash that I use. Something with kelp in it. I can't remember what it's called, I just describe it to them when I get a refill and they know what I'm talking about. I try to use natural products because chemicals are too harsh for my skin or I'm allergic to them.

I really do not use much of anything else as far as beauty products go.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 AM

I usually use Korean beauty products because I find that they're much more effective and have good coverage. :3 Especially Etude and Laneige. I also don't think I'll ever be able to part with my Burt's Bees. o3o

ElysiumFate

Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 AM

@Mystic: Ooh, I have seen that mask around! Now I will have to try it out. I've always been a fan of lying back with a good face mask and relaxing.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM

Well I don't use too many beauty products... at least I dont think so.

Well I do Use Tresseme Conditioner because I have long hair.
Shaving cream....just basic and a mid grade razor for shaving... ladies should be glad they dont have to shave their face every day.

I could go two days but dont like the look lol

Cotton swabs, once in awhile perfume CK maybe? or JAZZ.

Kouki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Besides facial soap, I never use makeup... but if this counts tools, I couldn't live without my nail file. I can't stand having any points on my fingernails. It also makes a good sanding tool for sculpts.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Lol, I'm afraid you're not going to win the shaving debate with women, Kole. But I am glad I don't have to shave my face.

Oh, yeah, sure, beauty tools count. I don't have any I couldn't live without, though...maybe that nail file.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 05-11-2013, 12:42 AM

My black eyeliner, no matter what color eyeshadow I use I ALWAYS have black eyeliner on. For some reason that color makes everything come together.

Kouki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Lol, I'm afraid you're not going to win the shaving debate with women, Kole. But I am glad I don't have to shave my face.

Oh, yeah, sure, beauty tools count. I don't have any I couldn't live without, though...maybe that nail file.
:x I forgot about hair removal. I don't have facial hair yet, but in the future probably will, so I'm betting the shaver or other hair removal will be replacing the nail file eventually. I do have a tweezer, but doubt I'd use that for my face, of all places.

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 05-12-2013, 04:41 AM

I may be a girl but I don't use beauty products. I hate girly stuff.

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Well I barely wear make-up unless I am cosplaying but one product I could not live without is eyeliner!
Eyeliner is usually the only thing I use when I go out and I like it because it makes my eyes look bigger. (I got those slightly squinted eyes)