mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 AM

I was talking about this with a friend of mine on here, and I'd like to express my concern about this.

During events, you release 10 pages of event commons. I think that's a little excessive. Some people like a lot of the commons and some like them all and to get them, it just really whittles our funds until we have no more gold.

I think it would be better to not have so much commons during events and maybe make them more special as well so you feel more accomplished when you get them.

Also, just on the side, I'd like to see less event commons and more regular common sets that have nothing to do with events or holidays outside of events.

Anyone else feel the same?

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 AM

I can understand that feeling, but please understand that we never intended for people to buy all of the commons during the event. That's why they're "commons" and can be purchased in the regular shops at any time once the event is over. :)

That said, I'm glad that you and your friend like our commons so much! I really like them too, so I personally would be disappointed to see fewer released during the event. If we did reduce the amount of commons to make more "special items", then I think people might complain about the lack of variety. :sweat: Plus, if the items were made "special", they might be better as limited items (EIs) or as very expensive commons. So in the end, it would probably cost about as much. I personally like having many reasonably-priced items to choose from in a variety of colors.

I'd also like to see more commons not related to events, but at the moment Wishie is our only dedicated pixelist. I think it's super impressive that she's been able to make so many items for our events :o But I should mention that our talented AAs have been helping make stuff too! I think Jelly put together all of the glasses and one of the EIs this last event. In short, I don't think there's enough time or funds to put stuff together between events, which is why it doesn't happen often.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 PM

I'm actually the complete opposite. I adore Event commons and the amount they release.
I feel more special when I do get the complete set of EC's I want.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 PM

I personally love event commons.
They have really cut back on the event commons released. Compared to a few events back where they would have way more then ten pages worth of commons.

I do understand not having time to get the commons you want, so yea I only get the commons I like and 95 percent of the time it isn't all.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM

I agree with mew. I understand that there isn't a lot of time in between events but I always end up loving a bunch of the commons that are released. I do appreciate all the colours but it can get difficult trying to get them all while still trying to get the EIs as well. (I know you can still buy them post-event, but ehhh, might as well get them while they're at a special price)
Event-special commons are great but I think having more non-event revolved items would be nice as well.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 PM

I agree with Ferra. Items aren't released and priced so that people can get all of the commons. I'm quasi-sure that the Event Shop is supposed to be a gold sink to take gold out of the system to combat inflation anyways. Everybody would like to get all the event commons (or all of anything else for that matter), but I think how they work it now is fine.

On another note, I would be 100% psyched if instead of the typical Halloween event (we have toooooons of halloween items now), we did a just Autumn themed one. The event commons would be different than typical halloween event/ holiday commons, without any extra common releases and their corresponding increase in work.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I can understand that feeling, but please understand that we never intended for people to buy all of the commons during the event. That's why they're "commons" and can be purchased in the regular shops at any time once the event is over. :)

That said, I'm glad that you and your friend like our commons so much! I really like them too, so I personally would be disappointed to see fewer released during the event. If we did reduce the amount of commons to make more "special items", then I think people might complain about the lack of variety. :sweat: Plus, if the items were made "special", they might be better as limited items (EIs) or as very expensive commons. So in the end, it would probably cost about as much. I personally like having many reasonably-priced items to choose from in a variety of colors.

I'd also like to see more commons not related to events, but at the moment Wishie is our only dedicated pixelist. I think it's super impressive that she's been able to make so many items for our events :o But I should mention that our talented AAs have been helping make stuff too! I think Jelly put together all of the glasses and one of the EIs this last event. In short, I don't think there's enough time or funds to put stuff together between events, which is why it doesn't happen often.
:lol: Yet, when you guys figured out I was was the year you brought out 20 pages of them. :lol: *total troll comment*

------

*this is a reply to the thread, not Ferra's quote*
Actually, it is so that there is something everyone can enjoy about the event. If it is the same as before I took my hiatus thing. The major issue is there is so much stuff going on. That it is hard for our pixelist (Wishie) to be able to do it during. As Ferra said, It is only a small group of people who are working on it and Wishie is the main one. So, releasing them inbetween events is hard. Unless they want to burn her out. If still done the same way. They also go through a critiquing/testing stage. Where comments and minor adjustments are made to each and every one. So, it is a thorough process as much as some people may think it isnt. The Yin/Yang and Midas touch was actually a 6-8 day work load on its own to make them perfect and the way they are now. In-between pixeling, layering and layout on the avatar itself.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 PM

i think it was a good amount of event items that was released.
i wish there were more teal items than just two pair of glasses.....
but all in all i think most people buy what they like with the event currency *which i adore*
and then buy the rest that they still want when they are currency broke with goldies.
i have never sold anything back the the shoppes.
i save them and give them to friends or new members who didn't get the past event items.

GREAT JOB, WISHIE AND STAFF!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't agree with this. I like having a big verity of items. Especially ones like we got this Halloween event. Those were beautifully made commons. Wishie really is a good pixelist! If you want all of them, then just save up gold after the event ends so you'll have enough...Or post a lot for event currency. I think that if we got less event commons, people would be...upset, and that we wouldn't get much of a variety. >__> Some people don't like certain items, and if we had less and all of the items were something a lot of people didn't like, they wouldn't get much items...I think its good that they have so many items. I just wish they'd release them all on the second or third day.

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-18-2011, 01:43 PM

Not really, since... they are regular items. They are just released during the event. It's not like you can never buy them again after the event is over. You just have a chance to get the commons for, well, free essentially with event currency.

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM

i must say that im always happy, that there are so many items in diffrent colors, and i dont think that there are to much. I really love it to have so many items i can choose for an outfit. I personally do buy the event items i like and when i need them for an outfit i will buy them with gold if it has to. So its a good idea with so many item :D

thanks mene-staff ^^

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Guess I'm the only one that feels this way besides my friend, and I guess it was dumb to make this thread because it doesn't matter.

Oh well.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 PM

It's never dumb to make a suggestion. You never know who'll agree with you. :yes:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 PM

@mew- Although I too disagree with you, I don't think it was dumb to make the thread. If everyone stopped making threads because they think "People will think its stupid" you would never get the good suggestions that lots of people agree with either.

But there are always going to be people who disagree as well. No matter what the suggestion is. Don't let that discourage you.

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 AM

I guess, but I feel like everyone disagrees and that I shouldn't have even bothered and I should just get over what I think and deal with it.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 AM

When you make suggestion threads, there is always the risk that people won't agree with your point of view. For the sake of the site, this shouldn't discourage you and I commend you for putting this idea out here.
As others have stated, it's not dumb.
People may have disagreed with you, but you got valuable information into why it is the way it is as well as the opinions of your fellow users.

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-21-2011, 01:24 AM

That's true. I just get sad when I'm the only one to like my own ideas is all.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM

Suggestions get people thinking- and that's always a good thing.

I find the amount of event commons to be a bit overwhelming sometimes but more because it makes it harder for me to choose which ones I really want to buy with my event currency/gold while they're half price and which ones I'm prepared to save up for later.