KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 01-20-2012, 01:47 AM

Good evening, Mene! I have returned once again from a break to find myself a bit of fun and relaxation to save me from my overly-hectic life. I am really hoping to find a light roleplay with two or three people, preferably one that does not involve much, if any, romance. I'm not really sure what I am looking for other than that so I'll just put my interests out there, along with any ideas.

~About me~

Just to get this out of the way: English is not my native language, so please forgive me if I do not understand something right away or ask you to explain. Along with this, if I phrase things strangely or if you don't understand something I post, just ask and I shall explain the best I can, ok?

I am a literate player and I expect at least semi-literate playing from my partners. By semi-lit I mean: Capable of solid, 3-5 sentence paragraphs, Mostly correct punctuation (I mess this up as well, but please note that there are no run-on sentences.), and decent spelling(this should 't be too hard, spell-check is available most everywhere, ne?).

I will not be able to post every day. I have a job and a 10 year old daughter that tend to take up a lot of my time so please don't expect me to be on all the time. If it has been more than four days since my last response, feel free to PM or ping me though.

~My preferences~

I am better at and prefer playing males (both effeminate and masculine), but I can play females as well.
As I said before, I am not looking for romance RP's
I prefer adventure and action RP's, as well as horror. I also have a thing for historic settings.
I am usually open to any suggestions and ideas.
I rarely do RP's based off an anime, show, movie or game, but don't be afraid to inquire.
I can get very particular with myths and legends, most of which is this: if you want to play sparkling, undead stone-people and cuddly, clueless wolf pups then we won't be having a supernatural roleplay, mkay?

~Ideas~

Keep in mind that for now I am looking for something not very in-depth or dramatic, just something to have fun with and exercise my writing skills on. Here are a few basic ideas to get the ball rolling:

Adventure plot one
: An odd crew of adventurers are looking for a treasure deep within the wilderness. Cue bizarre monsters, quirky characters and a devious(or not-so devious) sub-plot and villain. This plot follows the standard, D&D "medieval fantasy" setting.

Adventure plot two: Pirates!
...Yup, that about sums it up. Insert strange lands and not-so honorably gained treasure here. This plot can be historic, alternative-historic or futuristic, also can be fantasy/supernatural.

Adventure plot three
: Bounty hunters chase a mark through (Select one: Time. Space. The open ocean. Vast and varied lands.) only to find he/she isn't exactly what was in the job description. (Setting can vary greatly in this one)

Horror/fantasy plot:
You are a (select one: Tourist. Hobbyist. Scientist. Corporation's scout. Other.) that was on a plane headed for a Central American city but find yourself and your cabin-mates stranded after the plane went down for unknown reasons. The jungle that surrounds you is an uncharted one that has an eerie-- wait, where did the bodies of the rest of the passengers go?

Hopefully I have caught some attention thus far so please, if anyone is interested in joining me for a light group RP, let me know. If none of my plots appeal, go ahead and suggest something, I'm sure we can work something out.

Current RP's

Run by me:

Piratical Values- A high-seas adventure with a host-club flair. What's better than being a pirate? Being paid for being a Pirate! [Lit, Alt-historical fantasy] [not accepting ATM]

Run by Others:

Dangers or Distant Stars Sailor moon RP, run by Staria.[Lit, AU with Canon and OCs] [Looking for players!]

Desert Treasures, The Sunset Traveler's Inn Casual Inn RP, run by Staria. [semi-lit, Fantasy] [Accepting players.]

Last edited by KageShio; 02-03-2012 at 01:01 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 AM

I would love to join, if only I wasn't so busy with school and overloaded with the RPs I'm already participating in.

KageShio

Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 AM

Ah, Konban wa, Pap-chan. I'd love to RP with you as well but if you are too busy, don't worry about it, there is always time later, ne?

Last edited by KageShio; 01-20-2012 at 05:29 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-20-2012, 05:29 AM

Hmm, well I might be able to squeeze one more in. There are a few that haven't been active in a while.

KageShio

Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM

Heheh, well, Staria and I were just talking about making a Pirate RP, would you be interested in joining us? She had a great idea for it that promises fun times and a bit of craziness.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-20-2012, 05:33 AM

Sure, why not? XD
though hmm, I must warn you there might be hints of romance. It just always seems to creep into my posts ... I'll do my best for it not to do that though!
I was planning on making a treasure crazed character anyway for a story of mine.

KageShio

Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 AM

Excellent, she should be here to explain her idea momentarily. Some romance is fine, just keep it light, ok? I'm trying to get way from the romantic drama in real life, so I would prefer not to have any here.

I'm going to go get the OOC and IC threads set up, but I don't know how long it will take, I'm having keyboard issues at the moment.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-20-2012, 06:01 AM

Weel I'm hoping my character is too concentrate on treasure hunting to get into romance. *hugs* I hope you figure things out in RL.

And sounds good, gives me time to doodle out sketches of this new mystery character of mine...

KageShio

Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 AM

Well, treasure hunting takes a bit of a back seat in this one, but it certainly still plays a part. *Hug* Thanks, I hope it does too... my brain is not built for this kind of thing ><'

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 AM

Aww, and here I am, having just read the ideas list and going:

'Ooh, the horror one sounds interesting...
Pirates are fun, too, though....
Hm....'

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM

*waves* well my idea is pretty simple >.>.... A group of super natural pirates who act almost like a host club xD *has watched too much ouran host club* by hiring themselves out to rich people take them out to 'experience life as a pirate' and the romance of the sea. Essentially smart pirates who figured out they could be pirates and not only be legal but be paid for it as they seek out adventure and treasure in a new unexplored part of the world? So yeah, a little light romance creeping in would be natural, but like the good hosts of Ouran they know their appeal is partially their inaccessibility and the fact their guests can fantasize about them as well as the treasure they hunt.This means a very 'hands off' policy with the guests though a little flirting and roguish pirate teasing would be encouraged. Now being they are exploring a previously untouched part of the world, or maybe even a new world entirely, there is of course likely treasure and all sorts of things to find too!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM

Kage- I don't think anyone's brain is wired for that kind of thing.

And hmm , well my character is probably gonna be a new recruit, stowaway type deal. Seems like the kind of thing she'd do!

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 AM

I'm sure we'll all be fineeee XD. and well Ti's playing the captain i think so that's up to him. I dunno what my chick will be though xD.

KageShio

Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 AM

Aaaand... you post anyway. Oh well, now that the idea is out there, I'm actually going to make the OOC for it. Mene has been frowning upon too much discussion in the recruiting threads so I figure it's best to scurry along. I'm going to keep this open to see if I can find maybe one or two more people, but for now we can chat here: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...alues-ooc.html

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-20-2012, 06:27 AM

I thought I was suppose to post *flails but then scurries to the thread.

perfect.imperfection
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 AM

KageShio:

Hello, when I read your plot ideas the Horror/fantasy one really caught my eye, resident evil popped into my mind xD Anyways I would like to RP with you! I love to write so you can expect a good amount in every post, and I understand if you can't post that much. I'm a college student so I completely understand that there is life outside an RP. So if you're interested please hit me up! ^^

KageShio

Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 AM

Hello Perfect, thank you for stopping in. ^^ I'd love to RP with you as well, but I don't think I can quite yet as I am just starting another. Once that one gets underway perhaps we can work something out?

menwesha
*not so* fearless ninja

Old 01-22-2012, 01:56 AM

Ooooh! I like plot one. I haven't done a fighting roleplay yet, but i would like to try.
Like you, i'm not in the mood for cheesy romances, so hopefully that will suffice.

perfect.imperfection
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 AM

KageShio:

Mkay, I don't mind waiting ^^ Just pm or something when you get everything settled :)

KageShio

Old 01-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Menwesha: Fighting and action RP's are my favorite, I have a thing for writing out battle scenes. Again, I'm busy opening an RP at the moment but once it's settled down I'm sure we can work something out, ne?

Perfect: Excellent, and thank you ^^

menwesha
*not so* fearless ninja

Old 01-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Thank you.