~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 AM

Welcome Naruto fans!
Wolfie has been following Naruto since the show first appeared in the U.S.-a long time,you'll agree-and has gained so much from it.She has seen the ups and the downs,the highs and the lows.Wolfie loves certain characters (Gaara~) and hates others.Wolfie has laughed and cried and screamed at fillers,just like all the best Naruto fans.But lately,Wolfie has been agrivated.Naruto has always been a bit...slow coming out.It's a common enough joke that it takes ten chapters for anything to happen,and when it does it's usually a flashback.

So,Wolfie's question to all you Narutards out there is: what do you think? What's your opinion on the most recent chapters? How far have you gotten in the series? Do you prefer the manga or anime? Do you like the Japanese dub better or the English? And what do you think should happen next in the series? Wolfie wants to know! Come on in and tell Wolfie what you think.All pairings welcome,all opinions,too! Just one thing: PUT SPOILER TAGS ON ANYTHING IN THE SHIPPUDEN.There are always new fans who don't know what's going on,so please be considerate and don't spoil things!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 03:52 AM

I stopped soon after the war arc against Obito and Madara began when the 20,000 Zetsus (at least I think that's the amount of them) came charging out all naked...I laughed so hard at that part. Anyway, I stopped because it just wasn't interesting anymore. I stopped for several months, before I got curious enough to go back and check to see what the Jyuubi looked like because I made an OC based on it, and was quite disappointed because it was completely different from what I had thought because why would the Ten-Tails have no consciousness of its own when the other nine Bijuu have theirs? Even if it can be explained that it's because its soul was split into nine pieces it got seven of them back so shouldn't it be at least partially awake? Kurama was certainly still bouncing around even after getting all its Yin chakra sealed away thanks to Minato...but ah well.

Now I just occasionally go back and read a few chapters every once in a while. Just finished reading the part where the Shodai and the rest of the Hokages through the ages got through his flashback with Madara and Sasuke and Orochimaru decided to join the war against Obito and Madara. I missed the part where Sasuke and Itachi defeated Kabuto and how Orochimaru returned again...at least, I think they defeated Kabuto? And Itachi is finally dead for good?

I definitely prefer manga to anime, because I hate fillers and the anime is filled with constant flashbacks so you barely get any progress in thirty minutes when I could finish two volumes in the same amount of time with manga. I also like the originally Japanese dub better. Because the Chinese dub here is just horrendous. Sasuke shares the same voice actor as Tsunade because we only have like three or four people doing all the dubbing and so Sasuke sounds like an old lady with a hoarse throat and Hidan sounded like some nasally whiny kid of whom I wanted to punch in the face...

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 AM

lol wow,that does sound horrible! Wolfie used to prefer the anime,but she got so tired of the fillers and flashbacks,she stopped watching for a few years.Then when the Shippuden came out,Wolfie watched just through the first arc where Gaara gets the demon pulled out of him by the Akatsuki Becase wolfie wanted to see it in English,then Wolfie just started reading the manga as it came out.Now Wolfie reads the manga chapters each week on the scan sites.They come out every Wednesday.Wolfie was so sad when Neji died,and when Itachi died for the last time. But it's so cool that The Hokage's are on their way,and Minato will get to see Naruto in person. Wolfie still doesn't know how to feel about how Sasuke just suddenly changed his mind again and decided "Oh I like Konoha now I'm gonna be good" It was like WTF man?!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 AM

i haven't watched in years
but i did love it and kind of miss it

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 AM

Oh,Hummy should take it back up.It's getting interesting!!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM

Bahaha Sasuke. That guy just can't seem to be able to make up his goddamn mind and he is so gullible. First he decides to betray Konoha because he wanted more power so he can go kill Itachi, then after Itachi dies he decides to go destroy Konoha because Obito manages to easily persuade him, and now he's going to protect it again?! Like, make up your damn mind already!

I'm rather looking forward to seeing the four past Hokages in action though. And the confrontation between the Shodai and Madara.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 AM

Wolfie agrees completely! In fact,there should be a new chapter out today,or if not then next Wednesday.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM

I'm not entirely sure but I think there's no Shonen Jump this week because it's Japan's golden week, so next Tuesday or Wednesday probably.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM

It's been so long since I've read Naruto @_@
I think I was a senior in high school
So that means... four years now
I never got into the anime for some reason *too long*
I think I had just finished when Naruto comes back from training and he's "older" .... idk, great manga though!

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 AM

Antagonist is right.Wolfie just realized that it is Golden Week,so no new chapter this week.Next week,then.Wolfie can't wait to see Naruto's face when the four Hokage's show up,and he get's to see Minato again ^-^ Should be good.

Whisper,Naruto is still going strong and it is probably a good time to pick it up again.Plenty of chapters to go through,and when you finish with them,there will probably be another new one out to read.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 AM

Holy shit holy shit HOLY FUCK

Wolfie just read the latest Naruto chapter and HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM

What? o_O

I didn't see anything holy-shit-worthy in the chapter...did I miss something? >__>

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 AM

Wolfie has just been asking for...AGES,why did Kakashi kill Rin? and the story is definitely holy shit worthy for Wolfie.Sure,it's a flashback, but it explains so much.Wolfie got very excited.And had also had coffee that night...

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 PM

I am gonna ask a rather annoying question for those who have read the manga, but am I the only one who found Tobi to be a better character before he took off the mask?

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM

And now, a dissenting opinion:

Now, keep in mind -- I did give the show a chance by watching a couple of episodes back in the day, and... I'm sorry, but I was honestly underwhelmed. I'm not sure what it was, maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea?

Then again, I kind of thought it was like DBZ, and that show left a bad taste in my mouth.(still does, to this day -- I blame the ultra-weeby fans who would come into AOL's anime chat back in the day. "WHO LIEKS DBZ???/" "DBZ IS TEH BEST SHOW EVAR N U R POND SKUM IF U DU NOT AGREE". Ugh. )

I don't know. I think it's safe to say that the show... well, it just isn't for me. I mean, I'd rather be watching Gokaiger reruns or something. I'm not going to stop people from liking Naruto or anything, but again, the show isn't really my cup of tea. *shrug*

Anyway, that's just my two yen. Your mileage may vary.

(edit: keep in mind -- this might change SOMEday, but I won't be a fan of it like some people are. Maybe if I could find the box sets incredibly cheap or something. I dunno. )

Last edited by onsenmark; 05-15-2013 at 01:22 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM

@Wolf/Gemini: Ahhh. I wondered about that too, though I figured there was a reason why Kakashi did that. Though then again, he didn't, technically. Since Rin basically rammed herself onto Kakashi's Chidori.

@Anarchy: I definitely liked him loads better when he was Tobi than before he returned to being Obito. He must've been one heck of an actor to be able to act so out of character like that back when he was still pretending to be Tobi...

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 AM

@Anarchy yes,Wolfie liked him better as Tobi.She still wonders how he managed to be so...silly.

@onsenmark Wolfie does understand why Naruto may be overwhelming.To be honest,Wolfie wasn't sure about it the first time,either.She got into it,though.Sometimes it's a bit much.Also,Wolfie always liked DBZ.Perhaps there is a connection?*Shrug* And Wolfie definitely knows what you mean about those kinds of fans.Seriously,everyone has their likes and dislikes.Just because someone doesn't like the same things as you,doesn't mean they're stupid! Wolfie appreciates your opinion,and your taking the time to drop in and voice it.Different opinions make discussions like this much more interesting.

@Antagonist This is true.Wolfie figured there was a reason,since Kakashi simply would not kill Rin without a reason,he just wouldn't but Wolfie wanted so bad to know what the reason was.And the reason turned out to be different than Wolfie ever thought.Imagine,Rin basically committing suicide because she had a tailed beast forced into her.It was just mind blowing, really.

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2013, 06:19 AM

I don't read the manga but my BF does and he thinks the manga is nearing it's end, and he's not sure that the epic battle between Naruto and Sasuke will ever come at all.

I'm watching the anime and naturally i'm so annoyed from the Fillers, but I, like you, began watching anime since it began (about 11 years ago), and I still think it's the best anime I ever watched.
Also, I personally prefer Naruto over Shippuden because Shippuden has less drama because it's revolving mainly around the war so it's understandable.

I'm also skipping the fillers and I also stopped watching Naruto for about 3 years and began watching it again when Shippuden came out. Regardless, I still love the anime itself (excluding the fillers)

Last edited by Mogwai; 05-16-2013 at 06:21 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 AM

Wolfie,along with most Naruto fans,also believes that the series is close to an end.The fillers are a horrible thing...

Mogwai has a lot in common with Wolfie in regard to Naruto ^-^

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM

If the series still doesn't end after the Jyuubi crisis, I think I'm seriously just dropping the whole thing. >__>

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-18-2013, 03:05 AM

Wolfie is not giving up until Naruto becomes Hokage! Wolfie did not come this far and stick through it all these years to drop out now.And if Naruto never becomes Hokage (or at least marry Hinata),then Wolfie will hunt down Kishimoto-sensei and kill him personally!

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2013, 04:43 AM

^ I also will be truly disappointed if Naruto won't kick Sasuke's ass.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 03:01 PM

^ With how it's turning out right now, Minato arriving and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up too and Naruto will grin at him and welcome him back like he never left, and Sasuke will give him that stoic expression, and then the two of them will charge off into battle against Madara together. Or some other sappy passionate meeting. -_-

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM

^ Yeah, my BF thinks the same way also (he reads the manga' I don't). Too bad ): I was expecting it to come...

I'm not giving up hope though. I'm sure they know what all the Naruto fans want. They can't take this epic battle away from us ><

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-19-2013, 03:59 AM

Wolfie agrees with Antagonist on that one.It's just something that Naruto would do.But Wolfie thinks that after all is said and done,Naruto and Sasuke will have their showdown.Because they both promised...although they also promised to fight until one of them dies. But Wolfie is sure Naruto will somehow avoid that.