Music Addict
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 PM

Hey, everyone. I just saw a commercial about ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) on TV, and it almost made me cry. It's commercials like this that make me think of the cruel reality of life. (I probably sound really depressing right now.) If you haven't watched it, I suggest you watch it here. Not because I want you to be in a depressing mood, but because I just think it captured this horrible disease's reality so well.

Anyway, Ciao!

(I hope this is the right forum, because after all, I did see it on TV!)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-04-2009, 03:05 AM

i did a project on it in grade 8. it is by far the most horrible disease to suffer through. literally they are fully aware of everything and they can do absolutely nothing. and its degenerative so it just gets worse and worse. can you imagine lying in a bed fully aware of everyone and everything around you but not being able to speak, reach out, even blink and then one day your heart decided to give out, or your lungs, just because. *shivers* a terrible disease indeed.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 01-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Yeah, that is really well done. I like how it's not really one of those blatant heartstring ads, I mean it's sad, but it's more of a real portrayal.

Music Addict
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-06-2009, 01:58 AM

@ bloodstainedwings: Yeah, it truly is horrible. D: I can't imagine myself (or anyone else, for that matter) enjoying being in a state like that. It's so sad to realise that people actually suffered through this disease, and some are at this very moment. :(

@ Guivre: Yeah, it seems so real. It actually made me tear up a bit (as I mentioned before).