Bleeding Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-27-2007, 07:03 PM

Okay I just started this book so no spoilers...

I was reading the part when Sunshine stabs Magnus to prove he's a vampire. And I must say..... I am PISSED at the vampre depiction. I mean... FAKE FANGS?? Seriously, that's just bull shit.

So tell me:
~What do you think of the vampires in Boys that Bite?
As already stated, I HATE it!
~How do you picture vampires?
For me there's two kinds of vamps; living and undead. The living vampires can't sleep and undead ones only sleep during the day. Both have pale, cool skin and eyes that change color depending on hunger level. They can run really fast and are really stong and agile. [edit:]I forgot to put in that I don't belive the whole turning into bats, allergic to garlic, and the can't touch crosses thing. I do think that undead vampires can't go out in the day but living can, with heavy sunblock.
~Who has the best rendition of vampires?
So far, my favorite depiction is Stephanie Meyer's in Twiligh

Somercy
*^_^*

Old 11-28-2007, 04:18 PM

Have you read Kim Harrison's books? She does the living vs. dead vamp thing you talked about. Anyway, my favorite depiction of vamps is, and might always be, Sweetblood by Pete Hautman. Not the normal way, and the book's end is terribly sloppy, but I love the way Drake is shown, as well as Lucy's theory of vampirism.

nayru_moon
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 PM

i only think vampires as alive, with sharp fangs, red eyes, colored lips, blood weopens, and black wings. Omg i just described vampires from Trinity Blood!!! lol ^^
~byez

Bleeding Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somercy
Have you read Kim Harrison's books? She does the living vs. dead vamp thing you talked about. Anyway, my favorite depiction of vamps is, and might always be, Sweetblood by Pete Hautman. Not the normal way, and the book's end is terribly sloppy, but I love the way Drake is shown, as well as Lucy's theory of vampirism.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those once I finish the mountain of books I have to read now. They sound interesing. :D

Bleeding Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayru_moon
i only think vampires as alive, with sharp fangs, red eyes, colored lips, blood weopens, and black wings. Omg i just described vampires from Trinity Blood!!! lol ^^
~byez
I do belive in the whole fang deal but I don't think I like the wings. I mean, wings are for demons, not vampires... To each his own, I guess. :)