Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Yeah, we round robin in that appropriate section, but instead of littering that forum with a planning thread, we're putting it here since RRs are similar to RPs. :)

Here's my new idea, Seito:

A mysterious man, known only as "The Benefactor" sends out an invitation to a small number of people. They come together to his little party, wondering why they're there and who everyone else is. After wining and dining them a little, he explains what he's invited them to be a part of. He says it's a game, really. To seek out seven artifacts hidden around the world. He can't tell them where they are - can only give clues and the rest is up to them.

The one who brings back the seven will receive a great reward (probably upwards of $10,000,000). He wants the artifacts for a specific purpose (which is unknown as of yet because I've not thought of it). The party attenders find the reward alluring and the thought of traveling, fun.

They can go anywhere, real or fictional. It won't simply be a scavenger hunt - there can be plenty of danger. And not each participant is going to be nice. Some will be quite unscrupulous.

So that's it! A little cliche, but I just figured - it sets a scenario for interaction, danger, different exotic places, fighting (though without magic), whatever! Though of course, we don't have to do this. It was just an idea I'm throwing out. You always come up with great ideas, so if you have a better one, by all means, share!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 PM

Oooo I like I like!! (inspiration is shot at the moment)

*stares at Seika, Ita, Kait, and Sai*

Seika: *hits head*
Ita: *groans*
Kait: Wait! I'm not a fighter! I'm a thief!
Sai: ....

Hehe... *rubs hands*
well I know absolutely nothing about the world we're in. xD and I rather make up fictions instead of looking up facts.

So if you like, *points to worlds* xD I got a bunch of them. I'll give the general layout of them when I get home today. xD The two off the top of my head would be Adat and Threads of Life one. *blinks* yeah...

Shall we do teams? Or pairs? Or just single person?

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Fiction world is fine with me! I always seem to add to your worlds too. :)

I'd think you could do whatever you like. I'm assuming people wouldn't just go by themselves, but you would have people opposing each other, trying to mess each other up, get there first. I probably wouldn't make up a huge amount of people myself. Maybe like 2 or 3. Or else you could have the knowledge that there are others out there searching too, but only focus on one or two parties.

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM

Hmm, this sounds interesting...I've never played in a round robin before. Hope it's ok I'm posting here...if not, I'll delete this post, or Seito can delete it, whichever is easier, hehe.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 PM

Oh Fizi, I don't mind you posting here at all. Round Robins are fun - very similar to RPs except you can control everyone rather than just one character. Seito and I have been doing them together for several months now. We had a thief/detective one that we finished and then have two that are going on now, but will be winding down soon - one about two neighboring countries at war and then one where it's nature versus technology.

They're fun to get your creative juices going. I still need to read Juru's RP stuff and make a character so I can join ya'll there (you're doing that, right?)

Fiziali

Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM

*Nods* Yes, hehe, we've been RP'ing in Pirates of Menewsha for a while now together...but we created a new thread for it because Kooky kind of disappeared. It's been a lot of fun, and the character I've been playing is my first male character ever. We would love to have you RP with us there :)

Round Robin sounds a little confusing if you are controlling all the characters. How does the story line not get all askew if everyone is playing all the characters? Which forum/subforum are the Round Robins held in...I think I wouldn't mind reading a few to see how they work.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM

You basically try not to be tethered to one idea. That's the fun in them - seeing where your partner takes the story and then reacting to it. Seito, especially, loves to foil my evil deeds (I always end up playing the bad guys more for some reason). I think it's really fun, actually, because it's always unexpected what your writing partner will do. They're in the Round Robin/Drabble subforum of the lit section. There's a RR info sticky there too.

A lot of times, you'll kind of concentrate more on one character while your partner concentrates on another, but you can still write out scenes with them both. One Seito and I did - Moonlight Dancing, was really like that, where I focused on the detective, Emma, and she focused on the thief, Kait.

Maybe I'll read up on Juru's stuff tonight so I can finally create my character. I'm thinking a merchant, rather than a pirate since I don't know the first thing about pirating. lol

Fiziali

Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 AM

Hehe sounds cool. I'll check the RR stuff out then, thanks for sharing that with me :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM

*waves hi to Fiziali*

@aliena. xD well my computer wouldn't turn on, so I didn't post the world's information. xD

In brief summary there are a couple worlds I have that we can use.

First off is Adat - originally created to be a world full of data. Have you seen Digimon? it's kinda like that. So this mid-evil kinda land where you have kingdoms, small villages, wide plains of land. (kinda like the world we're using in Checkmate)

Second is "The world from my story Threads of Life" xD *doesn't have a name* - this is probably the most advance world I have. Each city pretty much has it's own unique design. So there's like City of Angels, City of Demons, Citys of Forgetting, City of Secret, City of technology, City of Time. (just with better sounding names XD) It's possibly to use all the species I have created for it... but then it starts to lean a little towards magic. (i.e Windcrafters - people who have the ability to control wind and are known for their beautiful fans). A little low on the danger factor though.

Third is "Seika's World" again no name. xD it's loosely based off the Naruto world which is basically several different countries with different season of weather. Land of the Rain - it always rains in this country. Land of the Snow - always snows. land of the fire - always is sunny. xD
This one is fairly similar to Adat in terms of level of danger and advancement of technology.

Fourth there is Sume. Sume is two kingdoms. Light and the Fallen. Much like your twist on Angels and Demons.

Fifth Opinion - Use the modern day world, except we don't have to follow our facts. xD

Sixth - make an entirely new one! xD Or go bug psyrien to let us use her "World on the bottom of a hersley kisses" xD

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM

I'm up for any of those or for just making up a new one as we go along. The only reason I was thinking no magic for this time around is because magic makes things so easy! You can just look at the situation and make up a spell on the fly to get you out of it (or put you into it, as I've been doing with Checkmate...hee hee). If we used any of your premade worlds, you wouldn't mind if I added some things in too, would you? Keeping with the overall world type, of course.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM

hehe choose one! xD you're making the RR this time! xD

yesh. xD tis why I love magic... and why Abstract Reality is failing me. xD

Go right ahead and add. xD it helps me get a better feel of the world. xD

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-07-2007, 07:03 PM

Oh darn, I have to choose? lol...ok, let me think about it. And if you really want to have magic, we can. ;) I like having it too, admittedly.

When do you want to start this - when Checkmate and AS are done? There's no rush at all.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 07:19 PM

nah. xD I gotta learn to think of solutions without having magic all the time. xD

okies~ sounds good. x3 hopefully my inspiration won't die on me. xD

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-08-2007, 02:36 AM

lol...I just realized this scenario is similar to jurupamae's RP! Doh! Let me amend the idea a little bit...

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-08-2007, 02:40 AM

*laughs*
okies! x3

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-08-2007, 02:54 AM

I still like the idea of competing people traveling into different interesting places...just need to tweak the rest.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-08-2007, 02:57 AM

hmmm a legend about a treasure? xD perhaps

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 AM

We could always play up the "game" aspect of it. Have the benefactor really emphasize the competitive nature of it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-08-2007, 03:18 AM

that too. that too. xD
hmmm I don't know which characters to use. O.o

Fiziali

Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, why are the Round Robins in a different forum than RP's, if they are RP's?

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Because they're not true RPs. They're more like interactive story writing rather than RPs.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 AM

*nods* exactly.

Usually everything is up for grabs and no one is assigned a character in round robins. You can add in new characters, not much has to be said about them because the players will shape the character.

Fiziali

Old 09-09-2007, 10:30 PM

Hehe, I remember seeing your Chess and Numbers Round Robin once, quite some time ago. I was still new to Mene and to RP as a whole then, however, and not knowing anything about Tarot or Chess either one, decided it was too complicated for me at the time. I forgot all about that sub-forum. Round Robin's do look like a lot of fun...Juru and I have decided to make one and try it out for ourselves, hehe. Thanks for all the help, Seito and Aliena, I really appreciate it :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 PM

actually that one is still going. xD the chess and numbers one, Checkmate

hehe I saw. xD good luck with that! x3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 PM

okies, the core plot is this:

You have a loving family with a child, but the child is kidnapped by evil organization/group etc. parents think child is dead.

in reality, child is being raised as a weapon/fighter/assassin by evil organization.

and Fate comes along the way and the child and parents meet again. Child is different from before, gentle heart still there but is trained to obey and kill.

------

turns out Seito chan had a story just like this but it's done a little differently. xD so the old idea was a story focusing on Chi and Riku (riku being the one kidnapped) and the new idea focus more Hotaru and Riku (again with Riku being the one kidnapped)