cheeshu
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Disney channel.
like 8 years has past, now they have stupid stuff on there its like so dum to see "Cory in the house" "Hannah Montana" why do they have that kind of stuff i used to love watch sister sister and it was funny. My opinion is that those shows are not funny and not entertaining. :evil: can they have at least one good show on there

BloodY KissesXXX
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Hannah Montana is ok but cory in the house i don't like

carlyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 PM

Ya, i agree, but if you also noticed, all of the old disney channel stars are appearing in nothing but horror movies. And also, look at lindsey lohan and brittany spears.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 PM

I don't think they are stupid.
Disney Channel is targeted to children and younger teens. I rather my niece and nephew to watch Hannah Montana rather than turning to the channel to Flavor of Love or something of that sort. (I prefer the Disney shows more than Nickolodeon or Cartoon Network.)

I personally would never get into these shows. (too old. xD.) But no one is forcing you to watch it. Altough, I do miss Even Steven. (hardly doubt they still put that on.) It was a great show for the "older" audience of the Disney Channel. Now it seems that there are more cartoons on there.

carlyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM

But it still has some bad influences, like think about it, how many times do they break the law in those tv shows... seriously, thats a lot.

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 PM

:x I love Disney channel. How could you NOT like it :cry:.I love all the new shows too, like corey in the house, suite life of sack and cody, life with Derek, and wizards of Waverly place.

Although i do wish they would show boy meets world and sister sister more :( I miss watching those.

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 PM

I like Phineas and Ferb. That's a cool show.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they did stuff on Sister Sister too with breaking the law etc. I dunno, I like hannah montanna. I would rather my kids watch her then the crap they have on Nik. Besides, they also like dancing whenever she is singing, and them getting active is a win as well. Now Cory in the House, The suite life of Zach and Cody and That's so Raven I could do with out and there for don't watch the shows. But I like Hannah Montanna. :P

I'm really hoping her life turns out a bit better then previous disney pop stars. ^^;;

~PrincessSerenity~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ~PrincessSerenity~

Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 PM

I enjoy watching Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I think what they're trying to do is appeal to a younger crowd now-a-days. If they keep showing the same shows then the younger audience would grow bored of it. Half the other older shows had some things like swearing in it as well. That's not what they want to show kids now-a-days. I personally think it's better than Nick.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-03-2008, 11:25 PM

I HATE Hannah Montana.
'Let's take the daughter of some god-awful country singer and give her a TV show'?! Who the hell came up with that!

Every Disney channel show I watch is the same to me. My sister loves it, so I end up at least listening to a fair deal of it, and they're all the same. Bad actors with a predictable plot line that usually doesn't change. :|
Can we at least feed our children some halfway decent entertainment?

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 PM

The Disney Channel's new shows seem cheesy and boring because they are following all of the storylines you have already seen before in the older shows. The typical plots of the kids in the show do something stupid and mess things up, then try and think up a way to get out of it as sneaky as possible without getting caught.. but end up getting caught in the end and have that heartfelt moment where they learn a moral.

These new shows have characters aimed to please a younger audience, and don't apease the older audience anymore. But if you think about it, when they had shows on we used to like, the kids in those shows were the same age, it was just us, or you, who were younger. So in reality I do not feel the shows have changed too much.

I do find a couple of things interesting about some of the new shows though. They seem to have more characters who are naturally more selfish and egotistical who do not really adhere to the moral at the end of the story. The two Disney characters I think of immediately is Derek on Life with Derek and Alex Russo on Wizards on Waverly Place. It makes me wonder if they are beginning to cater to a more self-involved tween crowd.

Din
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2008, 02:29 AM

Cartoons in general aren't very appealing anymore.

What happened to all the good stuff?
Maybe our generation just had better taste. =/

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 AM

I've hated Disney Channel since they made Zoog Disney. :(.(which was forever ago.) They used to play all of their animated series, Mickey Mouse cartoons as well as other programs that kids actually like, such as Curious George, My Little Pony Tales, and Spot. They also used to actually air REAL Disney movies, and besides that, they had Vault Disney. I never saw it as a kid because it was always on too late, but from what I've heard of it, I would have loved it. Now, it's full of nothing but boring sitcoms that kids don't like(aside from Hannah Montana, which only girls like). And to top it off, their sitcoms are all the SAME. :(. They also never play cartoons anymore, and when they do, they're on in the wee hours of the morning. And Toon Disney isn't much better- they only air Disney cartoons until 6 PM, when Fox takes over for 12 hours. >_<;
I want the old Disney channel back.

Gossy
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 PM

I've never had cable and I have watched the Disney channel a few times at a friend's house. The only show I really enjoyed was Rolie Polie Olie. That is probably the only thing I would let my daughter watch from that channel.

Motion
Writer

Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Classic Disney is ten times better than the crap they have on now. Everything there now is just stupid, makes little sense and doesn't even follow a story line. I'll stick with my Adult Swim. :P

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Classic Disney is ten times better than the crap they have on now. Everything there now is just stupid, makes little sense and doesn't even follow a story line. I'll stick with my Adult Swim. :P

I hate all of the cartoons. (but I have to admit, the replacement is pretty enjoyable! :D.) I think Disney has a huge competition with the cartoons on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon that they have to start to release more. I guess kids these days are more interested in seeing people being popular and showering in it than our originals who acted normal. xD.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Maybe you're just growing out of Disney programming. Maybe the shows are the exact same quality as they used to be, but you just don't prefer them anymore.
That being said, I must admit current Disney channel shows are pretty bad right now. They give me headaches. >_<

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2008, 03:01 AM

The Disney Channel has gotten worse, and not because I'm older. The shows were just BETTER. Boy Meets World, anyone?

soup
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM

I'm sure if I was a kid I'd love hannah montana. But still, I do feel like the shows they made 10 years ago were better quality. Seems like the shows were less boring to parents back then, too.

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 PM

I remember when the Disney Channel wasn't gay'd up to be super radicalz for our new generation of dumbasses.

It had the Gummy Bear Adventures, Tail Spin, and other various shows that were interesting. Then I just got bored of it when I was little and me parents dropped it from their cable bill. Then when digital cable sprung up it became a freebie. I turned it on and I just wanted to vomit.....pure CRUP!

CRUP CRUP CRUP!!!!!

Ino Wind-Mage
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Ino Wind-Mage Send a message via Yahoo to Ino Wind-Mage

Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 PM

I used to enjoy watching Disney Channel when I was younger. In fact that was my favorite channel. I miss so many of the shows they used to show, like Tail Spin and Gummi Bears. Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows when it was playing on Disney.

Now whenever I hear one of the new shows like Hannah Montana or Cory in the House, I feel a headache formin in my head. The quality of their shows seems to have fallen, in fact I don't really care for the cartoons they show any more. I'll rather stick with cartoon network and adult swim.

Harmonia
*^_^*

Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM

In my opinion, Disney Channel has not been good since Even Stevens went off the air. All the really good shows on that network are long since gone.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
Cartoons in general aren't very appealing anymore.

What happened to all the good stuff?
Maybe our generation just had better taste. =/
Oh yeah. We always had better taste.

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM

I kind of agree :\. I mean I still kind of enjoy shows like Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hanna Montana, but I liked the old shows better, like Even Stevens or Boy Meets World. Something I really didn't like was when they ended That's So Raven. I don't really want to compare it to Nick since they had some good gems too *cough Avatar and Jimmy Neutron*, but I find myself watching Disney more than Nick. Although I watch Cartoon Network and Adult Swim the most.

JoieD
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to JoieD

Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 AM

@Lovvy: Actually, it was no one's idea to take the daughter of a washed out country star and give her a show. They had the idea for the show, and it just happened that Miley Cyrus auditioned and was picked. A lot of times there WILL be a show based on the concept that someone's parent or other relative is famous; Lindsay Lohan's mother and sister just signed for a show. That was not the case here, although they did work the famous father in, and I think rather nicely.

Boy Meets World was just a very good show. I remember when it started out on TGIF, and the kids were in 6th grade. No one could have predicted its long run.

That said, I don't think the same can be said for other older shows of this sort. Many of them were just a stupid in concept, but people remember them fondly because they seemed original and funny when we were kids.

I actually enjoy Hannah Montana, stupid as it is. The plot reminds me of Jem, the stories are designed for the right age level and give good lessons. I also love Kim Possible, although that's a bit older. I can't sit through any of the other Disney Channel shows with my nieces, though.