Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Once upon a time, there was a small castle town near a forest. The residents of this town were quite peaceful, though they knew how to defend themselves when attacked.

Welcome to our little town of Zenan. To join please read the rules and follow the instructions in the application post.

When choosing a character, please be creative. We allow all types of beings but Gods as they tend to take over and stifle the rest of the game play. But fairies, elves, humans, devils, furries, or any other type of creature you can come up with is welcome to be a member of our town.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Rules
1- Follow the Mene rules and TOS. All people found breaking the rules will be reported.
2- Double posting is allowed, but only if it has been 24 hours since your last post and no one else has responded (please see RP Forum rules if you are unclear on this)
3- All ooc talk must use this format (ooc: xxx). Pleas try not to have a post that is just ooc, unless it is a question.
4- You may post your application in the thread. You may not make a second post right after to start your chari, that is double posting. If you want to start right away please add your first post IC after your application.
5- Please let us know if you are going to be absent for any length of time, as it slows down the RP when we try to wait for people who have disappeared
6- When posting Images of your character, please link to the image. Having large images stretches the pages and makes it hard to follow. If you do not fix these posts, I will ask a Mod to edit it for you.
7- Rules are subject to change at any time, without notice.
8- No God Moding. If you want to help move the story along, that's fine but please be respectful to those around you
9- This is a Medieval rp, so please no modern inventions like Guns, cars, tv... and No, magic can not bring these things in from the future. ~ Indoor plumbing is ok, if your an inventor and your trying to invent it.~
10- No chat or Leet speak. Try to be semi-literate.
11- No Harassing people for spelling/grammar: I do not possess the best grammatical or spelling skills and I do not expect you to as well, but please be respectful to all the players. thank you
12- Please disable your signature if it is large, it gets hard to follow the rp when there are lots of pictures arround.
13- You may only have one charactor per username. You can use a mule/secondary but you must let us know it is your secondary, and you must wait for some one else to post between the two)

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Characters and Application
Please fill out and post this application in the thread. You may start as soon as you apply, but please use the same post if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Application
Username:
Character Name:
Species:
Description or Picture:
History:
Other Information:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phedre
Character Name: Phe
Species: Mermaid
Description or Picture:x
Being a Mermaid she can change her tail into a pair of legs to walk on land.
History: Born in town, her mother was a mermaid who had goten lost in the forest and fell in love with a Knight of the town. Phe became a student at the magical school when she was very young, beeing half elemental spirit she was very adapt at water, ice, and healing magic she often is a teacher's aide, though she will often leave to visit the ocean again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiyuu
Character Name: Nikita Whimbrel
Species: Human
Description or Picture: Frothy brown hair that goes down to her waist, though she sometimes puts it up in a braid; misty grey eyes (if you'll allow spectacles, she has them); freckles that dot her pale face; a classical figure, not a modern stick-figure; and a tendency to dress in greys, purples, and maroons.
History: Living alone as a healer and a hermit, Nikita used to attend the magic school, and gradutated with flying colors from their program on Healing. Since graduation, she's lived alone, only coming out when needed for her skills.
Other Information: I want her to become more social as time passes. Also, in her spare time, she dyes fabric. Any characters who make their own clothes would come to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkamyrh
Username: Herkamyrh
Character Name: Kethalanthys
Species: Wood Elf
Description: At 5'1, Kethalanthys has dark, bark brown hair, sand colored skin, and grass green eyes. He often wears leather armor and a forest green cloak. Generally carries a long bow, short sword, and dagger.
History: Kethalanthys comes from deep with in the neighboring forest. When his father was still around, they would both hunt game and gather herb to trade in the town, leading them to have a good relationship with it's citizens. Now after his father's passing he carries on this tradition alone, going between his own elven people in the forest and the inhabitance of the city.
Other Information: While in the forest, he rides a large wolf named Silver. He never brings his mount into the city full well knowing that the inhabitance aren't likely to accept his animal companion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by March_Hare`
Character Name: Arinna
Description or Picture: (Coming soon, I actually am going to go look at my D&D book to make one, and I just do not know where my book is at the moment. So untill I find it I would love to keep this part on hold.)
History: Arinna came from a small village to the north of (Insert name of the kingdom here.) She came from a quote unquote barbarian village. Though her people are thought to be barbarians they were infact some of the few people to have the barding linage, and folling the tradition as soon as she was of age "17" she was sent out of the village to begin making her songs. Thus why she has wandered upon this uncanny kingdom.
Other Information: (Info coming as soon as I find my D&D book, probably will be put here by tomorrow. Thanks.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
Character Name: Lyrene
Species: Half elf, half fairie
Description or Picture: Long brown hair, green eyes, very tall, Light pink wings. x
History: Her mother was a fairie and her father was an elf. Her mother died of a sickness when she was 5. So it was just her and her dad in a small house in the forest near Zenan. Then when she was 16 her dad was killed by a pack of wolves. She is still living in the house in the forest.
Other Information: She loves animals and has a pet raven, named Thorn. She also loves to fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostsHellion
Character Name: Thoril Greeves
Species: Half-elf
Description or Picture: Thoril greeves is of a medium build and otherwise unremarkable features. He has dark hair kept short and usually covered by a mithril skull cap. He has very tan skin and a certain rugged handsomeness that seems to infer a long life of travel and adventure. He wears clothes and armor of exceptional quality and special power. his entire being seems to glow with arcane energy.
History: Thoril grew up in a small elven village, raised only by his mother and his uncle. She taught him magic in so much as he was able to learn and his uncle filled in the rest. Thoril was not the most magically inclined but he was skilled with a sword. his uncle recognized this and inducted him into the order of the duskblades. Mystic swordsmen who for the most part were agents of good. When his uncle died thoril inherited his specialized armor and weapons and went into the world. after saving a distant land from a power mad liche he found his way here to a far away place to enjoy a much needed vacation.
Other Information: Thoril is an avid lover of music and art and in his free time he plays the violin and paints. he also dabbles in metalcrafting and jewelry making. Often traveling under the guise of a merchant selling his works.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Setting

Zenan

Zenan is a small town on the edge of a great forest. It has the main castle, a chapel, and the homes and work places of most of the villagers. There is also a small school or magic tucked away near the chapel.

It is primarily a peaceful place, though from time to time a monster will come out of the forest, or a villain will come down the road from the lands to the west.

Forest

A beautiful forest lays on the outskirts of town. There are many wild creatures and monsters there, but most of the time they leave the villagers alone. If you are brave enough to venture through the forest you will find your self in a marshland that leads to the sea.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Updates
1/10/08 RP Open
1/10/08 Created Thread

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM

Username: Heiyuu
Character Name: Nikita Whimbrel
Description or Picture: Frothy brown hair that goes down to her waist, though she sometimes puts it up in a braid; misty grey eyes (if you'll allow spectacles, she has them); freckles that dot her pale face; a classical figure, not a modern stick-figure; and a tendency to dress in greys, purples, and maroons.
History: Living alone as a healer and a hermit, Nikita used to attend the magic school, and gradutated with flying colors from their program on Healing. Since graduation, she's lived alone, only coming out when needed for her skills.
Other Information: I want her to become more social as time passes. Also, in her spare time, she dyes fabric. Any characters who make their own clothes would come to her.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:22 PM

(ooc: welcome Hei, specticles are alright. If you want her to learn more about magic, have her be a student at the magic school)

Username: Phedre
Character Name: Phe
Species: Mermaid
Description or Picture:x
Being a Mermaid she can change her tail into a pair of legs to walk on land.
History: Born in town, her mother was a mermaid who had goten lost in the forest and fell in love with a Knight of the town. Phe became a student at the magical school when she was very young, beeing half elemental spirit she was very adapt at water, ice, and healing magic she often is a teacher's aide, though she will often leave to visit the ocean again.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 PM

(ooc:That might work, but would make it so I'd have to edit her concept a bit. I'll go do that.)

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 PM

(ooc: sure, just let me know when your done so that I can add her to the list.)

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2008, 05:32 PM

(ooc: so done. I made her a full-fledged Healer.)

Nikita walked throught the town, her thoughts wandering as she carried serveral bolts of undyed fabric to her small home near the forest. As she walked, she whistled. Of course, not paying attention is foolish, and so she tripped over her own feet, fabric and spectacles flying. She caught most of the fabric, but she couldn't see her glasses.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM

(ooc: cool ^_^)

"Are you alright Ma'am?" a soft voice called, seeming to appear out of no where. "Oh, you spectales fell, let me help."

She picked up the metal rimed frames, handing them to the healer. She smiled, looking up at the woman to make sure she was alright. She was wearing a very modest dress, which seemed to be a little wet at the hem, and her amber hair seemed to be drenched as well.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2008, 05:41 PM

"Fine, fine," Nikita muttered, accepting the spectacles calmly. She wasn't hurt, but there was some dust on her fabric. A shame, that she'd have to get that out before dying it. She looked at the honey-haired girl for a moment. "Thank you," she said with a quick smile.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM

"Your not from the town are you, but I know you... I've seen you in town before, and seen you at the house by the woods on my way home from .... " she stopped, knowing she wasn't soposed to leave the town without permission, she didn't want to get herself in trouble by telling the lady with the fabrics.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM

"Well, I live in the house by the woods, and come to the town for shopping." Nikita shrugged, careful of the fabrics in her hand. "So, you go past my shack on the way home? Where do you live?" Nikita realized she probably came off as nosy, and blushed.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM

"I live in the dorms at the Magic school right now. My father is a Knight, but he was sent away on a quest... My mother used to live in the town, but when father left she went back to her home. I stayed because I was at the school, and I wanted to wait for my father to return..."

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Username: Herkamyrh
Character Name: Kethalanthys
Species: Wood Elf
Description: At 5'1, Kethalanthys has dark, bark brown hair, sand colored skin, and grass green eyes. He often wears leather armor and a forest green cloak. Generally carries a long bow, short sword, and dagger.
History: Kethalanthys comes from deep with in the neighboring forest. When his father was still around, they would both hunt game and gather herb to trade in the town, leading them to have a good relationship with it's citizens. Now after his father's passing he carries on this tradition alone, going between his own elven people in the forest and the inhabitance of the city.
Other Information: While in the forest, he rides a large wolf named Silver. He never brings his mount into the city full well knowing that the inhabitance aren't likely to accept his animal companion.

IC begins now

Kethalanthys wandered through the forest on the back of Silver. It wasn't long until the wolf stopped, sniffed the air, and then pointed with his nose. Kethalanthys hopped off his back and patted him hard on the shoulder, "Thanks Sil."

Kethalanthys crawled into a bush and began to scrape a bluish moss from the base of the plants trunk. "Good boy!" he hollered back to the wolf knowing that he understood his tone though not the words. They were out collecting herbs to trade back in town. Kethalanthys needed some feathers for arrow fletchings so he planned on swinging by the apothecary's and trading his goods for the town's currency and then head over to the butchers to purchase feathers from this past weeks kills. The butcher use to not keep the feathers from the birds he slaughtered, but Kethalanthys was able to persuade him too with the right price.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM

(ooc: welcome Herkamyrh , I've added you to the lsit.)

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM

(ooc: thanks, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a ranger.)

Kethalanthys tucked the recently harvested moss into one of the compartments of his herb satchel and then crawled out of the bush. Noting Silver's body language, he could tell that the animal was hungry. Giving him a nod in a direction he indicated to the wolf that it was free to go hunt. Silver complied and bounded off in search of food.

Kethalanthys' own stomach rumbled and he too began to forage for food. lifting a log, he began to pick different colored grubs out the moist soil and eat them. Though grubs weren't generally good, they were always a quick solution to his hunger and he had acquired an appreciation for them long ago. He then tracked down some berries and roots that he knew to be edible in order to round out his meal.

It wasn't long before he was back to scouring for herbs, this time alone.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2008, 03:52 PM

"Ah," Nikita said, nodding at the student. "I see. I hope your father returns safely." She pushed her glasses up her face, juggling the fabrics a bit to do so. There was no way she'd make it home successfully.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM

(ooc: it's good to have veriety ^_^ )

Seeing her struggle with the bolts of fabric Phe reached out, jsut in time to catch one as it fell.

"If you would like, I can help you carry those back to your house. It's not far, and I have a few hours before curfue so I won't get in toruble."

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM

"Oh? Well, only if you want to. I'll make some tea when we get to my house." Nikita wasn't used to being helped. After all, she was a very independent woman, and a well-repected Healer. "I'm Nikita, by the way."

(ooc: Nikita hates to be called Niki. I love to see her annoyed by being called Niki. Just putting that out there.)

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM

"It's no trouble at all, I like to help. And it gives me an excuse to be out of town for a while. It's nice to finally meet you face to face, I'm Phe"

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Kethalanthys' satchel was nearly full. He had gathered more moss, gold root, purple grass, salull sap, besp honey, and nightleaf. He began to journey toward the village, knowing that Silver would pick up his trail and follow. In a short time, Kethalanthys came to one of the many narrow rivers that flowed through the forest and out to sea. Normally, Silver would easily leap across, but since Kethalanthys was alone he had to rely on his own skills. Not that the river was anything to worry about, Kethalanthys just didn't like getting his leather armor wet. He attached some vine rope, a product of his elvish people, to an arrow and launched it across the river into a large tree. He did this again into the same tree with the other end after wrapping the middle around a tree on this current side of the river. After properly securing it all, he had a two line rope bridge, the lower line for walking on and the upper for him to hang onto. Not too long after the river crossing, Silver caught up to him, dried blood on his mouth and snout. Kethalanthys wiped it off, and gave the wolf another hearty pat, "Did you eat well?" he asked as he pulled himself onto the wolf's back. Knowing that the wolf always ate well, the two continued their trek to town.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM

"A pleasure to meet you, too," Nikita cooed, handing over a couple of bolts of fabric, until she was balanced enough to make it home. She gave Phe a small smile, grateful that the other girl had come along.

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:14 PM

Phe smiled happily as well. She usualy was getting in trouble around her elders, so it was nice to make a friend of sorts. She followed Nikita back to her house, helping her with the fabric, and watching to make sure there were no other bumps for her to trip on.