Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 11-16-2014, 08:16 AM

So there was this site (my first avi site actually, except I didn't know it) that I clicked on way back when I was like 11 years old. I registered and stuff but I decided I wouldn't stick almost immediately because it seemed like the virtual currency could only be bought, nothing could be earned by doing stuff on the site. And since I didn't get pocket money I thought I'd be a newbie on there forever and better find some other place. (As it happened, I ended up on Millsberry, which has nothing that's bought because it's revenue earned is through its ads and partners and stuff. It had zero interaction though. It's closed now, too.)
Anyhow I did feel a bit of a pang leaving the former site because I thought it's pixel art was really cute; the site design in general was totes kawaii. I assumed I'd be able to find it again because I'd got there from a webpage of a list of sims.
Years later I joined a load of avi sites and developed an obsession for them and realised that, that cutesy place I'd clicked on all those ages back had also been an avi site. But I couldn't find it listed anywhere in the 'Lists of other avi sites' on the sites I frequented. The original list that had led me to it was gone and I couldn't even get a cached version of it. The site had weird animal-y avatars so I searched for animal avatar sites but got only Gaia and more Gaia.
But then [insert dramatic music] I found an old quest thread on Mene in which the OP had listed all her site memberships with her avatar on each, and listed under 'Closed sites' was this:

I knew it immediately. I was all, legasp it's from that site!! I quoted the message to see where the image was from but it was obv not linked directly from the site and didn't enlighten me as to what the site was called, etc. I couldn't just message the OP because she doesn't seem to have been to her thread for like a year. I really want to know what the site was called, find out what's happened to it, look at more avatars and screenshots if possible. I mean, it was my first avatar site!

Last edited by Dandelioness; 11-18-2014 at 10:46 AM..