Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 PM

So, what does everyone like about the Holiday Season? Meaning the month of December and the first few days of January.

I know that I love the winter anyway and the fact that it's the holidays just makes it even better. I love how most people have something to look forward to at the end of the month and many people get together with their families, rather than just hanging out with friends or going to work or something.

I have many more reasons, but what about the rest of you Menewshans?

Hallinda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-13-2008, 11:43 PM

All of my friends that graduated from my highschool are gonna be coming back from college, so I'm really excited to see them! Also: I need to jump on making some home made christmas gifts. (Candles? jewelry? bookmarks? stationary? I don't know what to make!) That'll keep me busy for most of the month.

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM

I look forward to the baking time (I finally get to cook!) and the art time. It's been a while since I've had a lot of time to draw.

MedievalBeauty
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-14-2008, 03:03 AM

I like how I get to see my family and relax with them, also the little kids screaming and having fun. The singing and excitement as well. It's summer in Australia, so it's usually really hot!!.

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 AM

I look forward to the snow, mostly, but I also love all of the beautiful holiday lights and decorations people put up. :D I look forward to a friends' yearly Christmas party so I can see old friends I do get to visit as often anymore, too.

Inkjection
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 AM

I honestly look forward to the presents! x]
But, I also look forward to the food and the Christmas movies.
I also like spending time with the family and on Boxing Day we go out shopping, it's all good fun!=3

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-14-2008, 02:49 PM

I love the decorations. Not sure why, but they always make Christmas that bit more enjoyable.
I also love the two weeks off from college i have. It gives me a chance to watch films I've seen a dozen times already, read, revise, and especially draw. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to that at other times, so it's always high up there on my to do list. Of course, i love investigating new things i've had given to me as well.

amarantine
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM

I look forward to spending time with my friends and family! Especially since this year I'm bringing my roommate home with me! (She's international so she needs a place to stay for break).

Another thing I like about the holidays is that everyone just seems to be in much more good cheer at this time of the year than at others.

Of course, Christmas music is another plus. And Christmas trees!

Last edited by Melody; 12-15-2008 at 01:32 PM..

Omote_Yugi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 PM

my favorite thing about the holidays is the lights!!

Mysteria
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 PM

This is the time for renewal and planning for the upcoming year. I can search within myself and let go of the past - the negative aspects of the past year (trust that there are many) and embrace only the positive memories. The ambiance of the holiday decorations, the candles burning, the smell of rosemary and pine incense, brings me to a more peaceful and meditative state of mind. My children are spirited and happy of course so this helps me a great to heal inside. This Xmas is extra special for me and I am doing alot of soul searching. I am very excited that this holiday only brings me one step closer to home. YES!!! finally! I am going back home to New Orleans very soon. And I am so grateful for that and many other things right now. :angel:

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 AM

I just like the fact that my siblings come home. I only get to see them like twice a year. Other than that I really don't like the holidays. I mean, the rest of my family I can live without.

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 12-17-2008, 06:09 AM

Honestly, I don't like December or the Holiday season. At least, not this year. Oddly, this is my best DEcember, and my worst. I love it because its my first year with Hanson [new choir/drama teacher at my school] and his b-day is 5 days after mine [his is actually this Saturday] and he is going to be 24 and we are planning a surprise party for him. But, along with that, and concerts and auditions and x-mas and a bajillion other birthdays, this month is overwhelming and I hate it.

Seriously, Christmas is my least favorite holiday. There's always the stress of buying everyone a gift, and then there's the putting up/taking down of teh tree, and the cleaning up of the garbage and the figuring out of where to put it all. Aside from that, people have lost teh Christmas spirit. Or at least, they have lost the spirit of the Season of Christ. And have adopted teh spirit of Christmas. [mas being the spanish term for more] So really, it's Christmore. Everyone wants more. And in wanting to buy more to give to more people, they over stretch their limits, spending what they don't have.

Grrr. December is so frustrating. But then, I'm just pessimistic.

EDIT: Oh, and I hate having to spend time with my family. I guess the only good thing about it for me is no school, and it marks the closing of semester one. Yeah, I'm just a mean person. But then, that could just be my mood. Usually I'm happy.

ARGY
*^_^*
Banned

Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 PM

I love holiday season. It gives me to see my friends on a full time basis. Because they are either working five days a week or doing whatever. It's just great because we can catch up and do things that we used to do like going shopping, hanging out at the beach and going to each others house. How fun.
Then Christmas is great because I get to see family members that I haven't in awhile (pretty much since last Christmas). They come down Christmas Eve and stay all the way to the second of January.

Last edited by ARGY; 12-17-2008 at 09:31 PM..