dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 AM

Do you ever just sit there and get that feeling, "Hey, I don't like (this) any more"?
What do you do about it? Do you shrug it off or attempt to change it?

I just had that feeling about my signature. Need to change it, but not sure when I will get around to it.

What do you get that feeling towards and how do you attempt to change it (if any)?

Feel free to share stories on the matter and discuss other points related to this!

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 AM

Yeah, I definitely get that feeling. I'm getting it towards a lot of big things in my life right now, unfortunately, but I don't want to bring that can of worms out here. XP

But yeah. Usually when I get that feeling I make the change, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I realize that it's just a temporary passing thought that will go away. You know, like you're sick of doing homework for bio, but you then realize it's your dream to be a doctor so you have to get over it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 AM

hummy doesn't think she have ever had that feeling,
though she must have at some point, right?
*thinks about it*

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 AM

Oh gosh, I am the worst for this. I get tired of things so ridiculously easily. I'll spend a year getting my room just perfect, scouring resale shops for just the right pieces, spending tons of time rearranging and brain storming on what it "needs" to look perfect... and then I just wake up one day and I'm like "no, I want something entirely different." WHY DID YOU DO THAT, BRAIN? It's the same with my wardrobe too. I spend time building up a good wardrobe and I start to get to a place where I have enough that I can mix and match... and then my style changes completely.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 AM

I'm having that moment with my room, come to think of it. I at least want to change the bed spread, but I kinda want to change the whole thing! But that's so expensive!!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 AM

Ooh, yeah, that can be rough. I was recently looking for a new comforter and I had the hardest time finding anything I liked even remotely in my price range. x_x If you can stand to wait until late Summer to buy one, I'd recommend doing so. Around then a lot of stores start getting "dorm stuff" for kids going off to college, so it's much easier to find cheap decor. Generally it's all very college kid-y in design, so that can be useless if that's not your style, but you can also find things in more generalized styles, like a navy comforter with no crazy pattern or something like that.

Another thing that's really helpful is to just change little things. Like a throw blanket tossed over a chair, decorative pillows, a framed print, or some cute vases. Better yet if you can find those things at a thrift store or on clearance! Those things can give just the right amount of fresh newness to make you happy when you look around without having to redecorate the whole room.

I also tend to rotate out my knick knacks a lot. I'll put whatever I don't want to use right now (but still like) on some shelves in the attic, where they're easy to see and get to. Then whenever the "AAAH GOTTA REDO EVERYTHING!" bug hits, I can just run upstairs and "shop the attic," as I call it. Take up the things I'm tired of, bring down things I haven't seen in a while to use in a fresh way. Helps to satiate the need for change without costing a dime.

ElysiumFate

Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 AM

Hmm, I should do your attic shopping idea. Part of my reason is that I have so much knick knack clutter going on right now, and getting rid of some of it by storing it somewhere would probably help a lot.

I have a really specified dark purple Victorian room going on right now, so it's not easy for me to change the color...I'm going to have to wait and grab a slightly more modern purple bed spread at some point. I think that would make me happier. Maybe if I switched my gold for white, too...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM

It can be really hard to take stuff up to the attic when you still like it, but it usually ends up looking best that way. What I'll do is pick one surface, like my dresser, and take everything off it and set it all on my bed, then carefully put some pieces I love the most back, rearranging them, stepping back to look, "hmm"ing, and calling family members in for second opinions until I get it just so. Then I usually still have a bunch of crap on my bed. I might then move to a different area, like shelves, and some stuff from the dresser might go there, or I might just call it a day. But anything that's on my bed at the end has to go upstairs. Getting it out of sight for a few months makes it more special and new when you bring it back down, anyway.

Oh, purple is definitely an easy color to come by come dorm shopping season! White, too. And everything is usually quite modern, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some pieces that'll spruce things up then.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 AM

I don't get that feeling about my wardrobe, but I have had it every so often about the arrangement of my room. It is an easy fix because I do not purchase pieces for my room. I do love to re-arrange it though, since I rather like organizing.

Shopping the attic. That is such a cute term. A great way to save money though! Bring back out something you already have that has not been used in a while.

Yay purple room! Sounds really pretty! My room is pretty plain looking.
We moved in here mid-March. Not sure I want to paint the walls, or if we are allowed to. And no money for it at the moment.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:56 AM

Yes, yes I do. It happens way too often with food. Out of the blue, the texture of a food in my mouth will make me dislike it for possible years. That, or I get tired of the taste for a while.

Sometimes I have no interest in my favorite things and then I'm all, "Nooo! I don't WANNA not like that anymore! " Luckily, it passes.

Apolune

Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 AM

I get bored super easily. Music, fandoms, tv shows, colors... Everything. My main problem is that I will love something SO MUCH at first that it's nonstop. I listen to music on repeat for hours, the same couple of songs on a playlist, until I HATE them. Same with everything else. When I first saw The Producers I watched it so many times I still have the lines memorized, even though I haven't seen it in over a year because I'm so tired of it.

Sometimes I'll go back to it, but usually I just don't like it anymore.

mzw
Girl-Crazy Goofball

Old 05-03-2013, 02:40 AM

I get that way with my playlists on my iPod. I'll listen to one for a week straight and then I'll have to make a new one.

Alien-Princess
Ettelëa aranel

Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 AM

Well unfortunately for me the only time I have had that feeling is while pregnant. My hormones were going crazy and i was just like "Okay, I'm done. I don't want to do this anymore." >_<

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 AM

Wolfie gets that feeling alot.It happens alot because Wolfie rarely changes the things she doesn't like >.<* Wolfie is too lazy.But sometimes Wolfie changes things.For instance,Wolfie switched to her mule account because she didn't like that he had no items. not the best example,but it's just one of many small things.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM

It sometimes takes me a while to change things.
Like I just got around to changing my signature tonight.
I also went through my Subscriptions list and dusted it out, putting some things in an Archive tab while deleting others.
And I updated my quest thread a bit.
So yeah, once I get going, I can keep going at it and fix a lot of the things that needed updated, dusted off, cleaned out, etc.

Anyone else able to change a lot of things once they get going?
Or do you all lack motivation, whether it is for just a short period of time, or an indefinite period?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Nope. I'm pretty boring about that. I'm like this a lot with my writing. I had a poetry teacher tell us never change an old poem.

But I have found that 5 years after writing a poem no matter how much I have changed I will always hate that line...
So I tend to fixate and not "change" sporadically unless I feel I am in a rut which could cause me problems later.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM

A year and a half ago, I got bored of my messy print handwriting and started writing in cursive instead. :P

I hate that feeling when it applies to something important though. A sudden urge to change something that you've got a lot of connections to, that you've built a large part of your life around, can really make things complicated. I'm a very spontaneous person, so I tend to avoid getting tied down to anything more than I absolutely need to.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 PM

Oh dear... I can't even read cursive XD

Vox
*^_^*

Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 PM

I can't really read it either, but my old handwriting was just as illegible, haha. No one writes in cursive anymore, so being able to read it is probably a pretty useless skill. xD

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 PM

I do that with games and cloths! I bounce from game to game I rarely every finish a game... Then every so often during the day I need to change my cloths because I decide I don't want to wear what I am wearing...

It happens seldomly with food. I just changed what I eat for breakfast for the longest time it was granola now I like fruit and toast.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 08:53 PM

Not when your grandparents write your card in cursive and you have to ask for a translation @_@

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 PM

I hated having to write in cursive during elementary school. It was annoying. I like the look of normal print better.

I don't pay attention with getting that feeling around food. I just look around and try to decide what to eat in the morning. Whatever I am in the mood to cook, or something cold from the fridge, it just depends on my mood at the time. That goes for all meals during the day, unless my husband or girls ask for something specific. Then it depends on if I have that food and if I am in the mood to cook/make it.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 PM

I get that feeling a lot about things, especally if it gets really repeative and boring. Even if I'm *not* doing anything, even just laying there, I don't feel like...I dunno, like doing that.

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 PM

omg, I have that feeling all the time! I get that feeling from video games all the time, like I just don't have the motivation to finish them anymore. D: I also get that with books, lol and with people I date...I know that is horrible, but at least I break it off before it becomes too serious and I do it earlier on so they won't get hurt...I just haven't found "the one."