Bii
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-29-2008, 05:26 AM

I've seen this style in many different places and it has to be my favorite ever.
I think that this style is adorable, I would really love to learn how to draw using this style.

Found on Menewsha - At Penguin Skeckz's Market Place thread.

Humpers from Roliana xD

I'm too lazy to find more humpers, hard to find. </3 ;o;
ANYWAY.. xD

I love that style.
I consider them all the same style.
I think they are?

Someone help me?
I really wunna learn this style. T.T
I love the body shapes and everything..

-- No pictures belong to me.
Please do not steal them & claim them as yours.
They belong to the artists and the people who they were drawn for.

AcidRainJumper
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 AM

they aren't the same style. Not even close. ^^

The first two are simple pixel stuff. But not like actual pixels. Something that can be drawn up with a pencil in photoshop or even MS paint. It takes practice do to them cause its revolves around drawing on the computer with a mouse (or if your lucky, a tablet)

The third picture is a simple water color look style. Easily done by toning down on hard colors and creating soft colors, and also be done by downing the opacity. Can be done in multiple programs. Photoshop, Manga Studio, ect.

The thrust chibi is simply an animated pixel. You start with a base and move on from there. This one was started by: http://i37.tinypic.com/2q3qema.gif the little thrust dragon. It was soon moved into a base and transformed into a human or w/e, clothed, and yeah. Takes practice to get the clothes just right and to change each layer so it has all the clothes and pixels. This animation has a good 4 Frames to make the animation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this helped somehow. >> <<

Just practice. Take some tutorials and your good to go. :D

cionnaith
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to cionnaith

Old 12-30-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRainJumper View Post
they aren't the same style. Not even close. ^^
I'd have to disagree with you... you're talking about the method of creating rather than the style of art by the looks of it.
They all make use of:
squarer, large, heads with similar amounts of detail and styling in the eyes and mouths.
long and thin limbs and bodies with little to no muscle definition or details there either.
minimal detailing.
simple shading.

If I was to draw the second type wth a pencil tool, and the animated one without the animation, they're practically the same.

I won't help OP out with a tutorial though as I've already seen a better one given for this topic on gaia ^^

ataner
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ataner

Old 12-30-2008, 10:26 AM

they're almost the same. But, girl. It's hard.
You better find your own style :[, or it will be hard to draw.
Don`t copy. Maybe the same.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 12-30-2008, 04:53 PM

It's cool you found something you like and that inspires you to make art. You can't rely on tutorials for everything, though. You'll just have to figure out this one yourself. At some point style just becomes more personal.

You should be okay, though, you've already identified the things that links these drawings together, it's only a matter of time until you can recreate them yourself.

kitty~lover
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2008, 07:21 PM

i think you'll find some thing like that in photoshop! i think...i dont know i'm training on photo shop and i think those styles you posted are from it!

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 PM

When I wanted to do someone's style, I simply copied them.
First try and reproduce their artwork and then move onto making your own drawing with their style.
Nothing wrong with coping someone as long as you don't post it anywhere and only use it for gaining a style you want. You don't need to get your own style of drawing if you don't want to.

Sethmire
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-31-2009, 04:39 PM

I think the artist used The Gimp to create some of those. The Chibi's you show have an acceptable amount of transparency with the airbrush tool. With practice it becomes fairly easy. What is the program you are using?

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 AM

Do some master studies. Meaning copy them. Don't trace them or post them online though. They aren't your work, but copies of an artist's work. Learn what shapes are used, and the base shapes that make up the whole. Break down the simple shapes. The simpler the better.
Personally, I find that the better you get at drawing from life, the better you become at working in different styles.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-07-2009, 09:22 PM

Haha, for the first three, go seek out Tilly and see if he'll accept you as an apprentice. That's his work.