p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 AM

NA

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 02-13-2015 at 12:14 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2011, 01:01 AM

There was a guy that I had a mad crush on at school. I bumped into him in a nightclub about 5 years after leaving school and he asked me out, but I wasn't interested in him any more by then :lol: That amused me quite a lot I have to say!

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 AM

When I was in college I had stuff like that happen. Most of my friends were guys, but none of them looked at me as girlfriend material until someone outside our group asked me out. Then one confessed his love & another one had a friend in common ask me out for him. Then when we got engaged I had guys from college asking me out & when I would tell them that I was engaged they would say stuff like, "give me a call when you break up". I have been happily married for several years now & there is still one that anytime I see him ask if I'm still with that guy & when I say yes, he groans.

The guys I know are just weird they don't want a girl until someone else wants her. O_o

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 AM

Never had this sort of experience... but to me, it sounds a bit heart breaking in a way. Finally hearing the words you've been dying to hear from someone... but it's too late. :gonk: PLEASE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO CLAIR!

Edit:
I realized after posting... that it HAS happened to me... It happened a year ago. And since I've been trying to go back and change it back. :( I still really care about that guy. At the time, I was in a not-so-good relationship with another guy when the guy I've had feelings for for years told me he had had feelings for me. I wish I had acted upon it then. But I was scared to because of my at-the-time-boyfriend...

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 08-27-2011 at 01:38 AM..

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-27-2011, 09:49 AM

All of my exes have begged for me back, even though they broke up with me in the first place. > w<; So I guess that counts~.

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM

Yep, that happened to me. Had a crush on one of my friends after I was dumped pretty brutally by my ex. I just wanted someone to be mine again and someone to go to. I pined away for ages, biding my time and then when I asked him out he said no. Things carried on as normal and now every so often he'll tell me that he likes me but it just wouldn't work. Though I've moved on now, I wasn't thinking clearly before and realised that the guy I had a crush on was a bellend. Not to mention I love my current boyfriend to bits, we're penguins. :]

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 PM

This pretty much happens every time I start dating anyone. Some other guy will show up and be "hey baby, let's get it onnnnn" :lol:

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 PM

Oh god, my boyfriend from freshmen year came out of no where a few months ago. He's gotten fat and creepy and when he invited me out to pizza, my totally oblivious mind didn't thi k it as a date or anything, but yeah, it was. He still calls every once in awhile too, that's the other creepy thing. I just keep saying I'm busy, but I know I have to tell him to eff off sooner or later.

A guy has never offered to buy me out though, eh.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 AM

I get people I used to go to high school with IMing me on Facebook saying they were interested in me back then. That was 10 years ago. To me that is just weird to crush on someone for that long. It's been all guys which I have no interest in at all since I love my ladies too much.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-28-2011, 01:30 AM

I don't attract guys too often...well....I guess I do but I'm just not the type to notice or care unless I'm attracted back. Anyway, in college I had a boyfriend my first year then nothing for my second and third. Then in my 4th year one guy I knew was interested in me. (We kissed, hung out, went on a couple dates, etc but never officially went out as boyfriend and girlfriend). Anyway, HE introduces me to some of his frat brothers at one point and one the frat brothers became INFATUATED with me! Seriously, FOUR DAYS after I met him he was already asking me to spend a couple weeks with him on winter vacation. Freaked me the hell out! I told him I wasn't interested in him like that and he started going off on me, "WHAT!? are you just not INTERESTED in dating? Or what!?" I ignored him...he would text me all the time and eventually the ignoring worked and he stopped trying a couple months later. Anyway - also during that time I had ANOTHER guy in one of my classes who I had met and known for four years start randomly talking to me and he was all, "You're so funny! You're so much fun! Lets go to steak and shake at 2 AM! I really want to hang out etc"...so after going two years without a guy interested in me...I suddenly had three!!!

I ended up not officially going out with ANY of them though. And I moved home after graduation and met a guy at work and we have been happily dating for 2.5 months now :) So I'm glad I waited lol

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-28-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kya Katsumi View Post
But one guy, is a guy I was basically infatuated with in high school, don't get me wrong, nothing weird, I just really loved him, but I was his go-to girl, his shoulder to cry on. He led me on a little, but nothing ever came out of it...
I feel like I'm in this situation at the moment. A really good friend of mine, who I've had an on and off crush on since freshman year (I'm a senior now.) decided this month to start trying to get into me. We kissed the other day, but I was talking to him after that and he said that we were too good as friends to become involved any other way. Now I'm confused -.-

As for having a boyfriend and having someone else interested in me at the same time... Nup. That just doesn't happen to girls like me, at least, not during high school.

Masamune
The One Who Arranges the Blocks

Old 08-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzeebear View Post
I feel like I'm in this situation at the moment. A really good friend of mine, who I've had an on and off crush on since freshman year (I'm a senior now.) decided this month to start trying to get into me. We kissed the other day, but I was talking to him after that and he said that we were too good as friends to become involved any other way. Now I'm confused -.-

As for having a boyfriend and having someone else interested in me at the same time... Nup. That just doesn't happen to girls like me, at least, not during high school.
I think he's saying he doesn't want the relationship ruined when (or if) you two decide to break up. Some people just don't want to be friends after they've stopped dating.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 AM

NA

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 02-13-2015 at 12:14 AM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 AM

I was wondering about that...

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 AM

I think he's finally given in to the voices.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 AM

Saisei: Are you okay? Or did your kiddo attack the keyboard and spam this thread?

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 AM

Consider your definition of "happily married."
In a perfect world, "happily married" would mean the freedom of not entertaining memories from the past or wondering on alternate paths in life. This is not a perfect world of course, but I wonder what your idea of 'happily married' is. Although we are able to reflect on once momentum occasions in life, I advise that you do not dwell on them if you are indeed 'happily married.' Such dwelling could cause unwanted and often destructive acts of impulsion.
You may always love your dear friend, and may hold him in a special pocket in your heart, but you chose to move on when you became married and a mother. In the time you took to make such decisions, you chose to give up any previous loves for one that you believed would make you ultimately happy.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM

Oh my God, I guess she did. How she managed to do it without me even noticing is the impressive part, but that's definitely her signature.

Sorry. :(

Last edited by Saisei; 08-29-2011 at 11:23 AM..

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM

I've had boys in high school ask me out and comment that I was the prettiest girl they'd ever seen.
I was hoping that once they got into the real world, they'd see that I'm a very ugly person on the inside
and that I lead an incredibly shallow life :sweat: but I've had a few come back. I don't mind... I need the ego boost.

I'm in a happy relationship with my boyfriend of 5 years, though. Boys can fall at my feet all they want, its fine by me.
I'll still turn them down for the man who truly captivated me. Its too late for anyone else.
I know how you feel. Once your heart is taken, its taken!

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM

I love that quote Liquid, "Once your heart is taken, its taken!"
I think I have to completely agree with you. When I look back on that one relationship that I thought I was in love, I realize how completely wrong and naive I was. I compare it to the one I've been in for some time now, and I realize the mistakes I made. I'm glad they happened though, because remembering them makes me appreciate Daniel much more.