Velveteen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Private role play between myself and PapillonCameo ^-^

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 AM

There was a commotion as his fellow guardsman brought the seer down to the dungeons. Rolling his eyes, Mathias turned them to the figure within the cell he guarded. She was supposed to be dangerous. Green eyes searching, the auburn haired man tried to figure out what could possibly go wrong. Thinking of the worst possibilities had gotten him shackled to the worst prisoners many a time. It meant Mat was always ready for even the worst of situations.

The young guard turned his back to the prisoner and was glad someone had finally come to take care of the ghost. He missed being able to wear his armor without feeling it burning hot against his skin. Luckily that wasn't happening right now, in all probability the ghost would be concentrating his maliciousness to the poor young woman brought in to deal with him.

Reseda struggled to face the facts. A war was going on, and she was the only one left. The only reason that had happened was because her twentieth birthday had just come around. The turning of time had finally wrought something extraordinary and unexpected. She was a seer, a sorceress .... Or somethign of the sort. All she knew was that guards were bringing her down the steps of the dungeon to lock her up.

Brown eyes wide, Reseda spoke. "Must I?" Spoken to herself more then anyone else, the words echoed in the silent cell. It was dark and dank without an ounce of light save that of a single flickering flame. A shiver ran trough the blonde woman as she thought of all the dark energies swirling around the place. This was not at all how she thought her powers would come to be used.

((And if your character isn't angry or something, we can always say he was playing tricks on Mat's mind.))

Velveteen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-17-2011, 11:24 AM

It was an echoing of the opening dungeon door that brought a lightly sleeping Elika to full awareness. She gave her raven head a ginger shake in a useless attempt to dispel the grogginess that clouded her mind. Painfully she gathered her small slender from to a stand, with her wrists and ankles bound by chains, she still found the dignity to look defiant in the face of the guards who she knew ventured closer with every moment that passed. “Come to visit thine most favored prisoner?” She spat out to the guard, her anger resurfacing and apparent in her speech. With silvered hazel eyes narrowed and thin lips composed to a tight line, they pulled to a surprised frown when they approached with another woman who appeared to be around her own age. “Doest thou, the most noble guardsman, fear a mere spirit?” She chuckled mockingly, “it would serve thee well to fear the living.

Three weeks she had suffered inside this cell, two weeks chained after her escape attempt and hairline failure to assassinate the attending guard. The air was thick and unclean, putting a delay on the wounds that had been inflicted two weeks prior. Often the guards positioned themselves and their precious flame away from her, the lack of light had flared a deep need for the sun's rays and the neglecting of this need had begun to play on her sanity and fueled her hostility. She was aware, very aware, of the spirit that often announced itself to the guards in most uncomfortable manners; often she saw it flutter momentarily on the edge of the firelight or felt it gently caress her skin. She knew the ghost as friend, on more than one occasion it had touched her in comfort when she fought back tears or heard its faint whispering when she called out to the darkness in loneliness. Although the woman would never admit, not even to her own self, the sight of the woman set weight on her heart.

~
William smiled to no one but himself as the words left the prisoner's lips and into the air, she was feisty, he'd give her that. In the short time she had occupied the cell he grown fond of her iron will and strong spirit. As the femine youth approached he rose a white blonde brow, "So they wish to send yet another challenger to me." He cocked his head slightly as he studied her, "So be it." With the words now passed his thoughs he chilled the air, save for the prisoner's cell, in response. Their exorcists were merely participants in his friendly game. The guardsmen, however, were a different matter entirely.

(Hope you enjoyed the novel lol.)

Last edited by Velveteen; 09-20-2011 at 01:52 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-18-2011, 12:10 AM

A sliver of pity welled inside Mat as he heard the prisoner going on about this new person. Fear the ghost? Turning ot enter her cell with the food from the kitchens, Mathias tried not to let his disgust show. It wasn't her fault she had been caught, or that the king had done so many terrifying things during the war. "Quiet down, please. I would rather not have to take your food away today. Don't make this any more difficult then this has to be." She was only doing her part in the war, though for the wrong side.

Mathias admired her loyalty, this assassin. Even so, she was being incredibly stupid. "Now, I will ask you again.. What is your name and who sent you?" The wounds bothered him. Usually he would have been allowed to tend this prisoner, but he'd been refused. The fact that this had happened boded nothing good for the young woman.

Puffing a breath out deliberately, Reseda regarded the frost for a few moments before smiling. Tugging at a strand of hair, the young woman couldn't help but groan. It was turning colors! The tips of her hair were now turning brown, and her eyes were going to be a honey color soon enough. This happened without fail to anyone with the ability to see. Their eyes became the color of their hair, and their hair the color of their eyes. Terrific, she would go trough her manic trial locked in a cell with a ghost.

"Stop teasing me, I certainly have no time for this." Turning her head this way and that, the young woman tried to find the ghost. He was somewhere in that cell. A movement caught her honey eyes, though very small. Waling forward, Reseda extended a hand. "Listen, I've just come into my powers and my first out pouring will begin soon. That is no place for a ghost to be." Otherwise permanent, irreversible, death might follow. Reseda wanted no one fading into oblivion because of her.

Velveteen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Serpentine slits replaced her eyes as he approached the cell, her fists subconsciously clenching tightly in response. “You can take the rest of the garbage with you when you leave.” She spat as he unlocked the cell, “I have no desire for it. Or you.” A strong determined woman she may have been but as the words left her lips a low deep grumbled emitted from her stomach, regardless of her pride, her mortal form could not be sustained by mere will alone. Nevertheless the woman was determined to wait until she felt it an absolute necessity to consume. She ignored his questions; her loyalty was all she had in this monstrously unfamiliar place, what right would she have to return home if she abandoned it? She chewed her lip, if she ever made it out of here alive of course.

She snorted in disgust, any more difficult than this had to be? “Yes so difficult for you, is it not?” Her mother repeated warned it was her words that caused her the most trouble, so ironic she would be proven so wrong.

~
Genuine confusion was the spirit’s response, first to the woman’s words and then to her appearance. Cocking his head this way and that he studied her, there was an aura about her he just couldn’t place. For many years he had haunted these cells, seen many faces, and felt many auras; but the one that surrounded her was unfamiliar and intriguing. With no effort he advanced to stand directly before her and with a gentle finger he softly traced her brow and cheekbone, “I know not your true intentions but I will oblige dear lady.” Whispered William before his allowing his presence to fade from the chambers, he offered the prisoner a brief glance of concern before taking his absence.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM

He restrained his temper at the vile things she said. Mathias knew very well this young woman had no reason at all to see him in a kind way. Carefully placing a mug to her lips he held it there for a few moments. If she drank or not was her decision. Then he held up some soup and carefully laid it upon her lips. As Mathias did this, words left him though if they had been heard the young guard might very well have been accused of treason.

"They intend to kill you, you know. It isn't right, when all they know about this situation is the fact that you tried to kill our manic king. Perhaps... I might be able to help you escape." The last words were whispered lowly as Mathias regarded the young woman with sincere green eyes.

The young woman felt a wave of relief wash over her, just as consciousness left her to be replaced by dreams and hallucinations. Battles were fought within her to determine in what way her powers might lie, and what strength they would have. The gift came trough the line by birth, but the strength and leaning of it were always determined by the gifted during the first burst of their abilities.

Shadows seemed to writhe in the cell with a life of their own, reaching for something to drag down into the abyss of oblivion with them. This was why Reseda had asked the ghost to leave. It was a byproduct of the first manifestation and testing of her powers. After a few moments, though it had been a day at least within Reseda's mind, the young woman regained consciousness. "Alright, now that's done I have a few questions for you sir Ghost," murmured the young woman as she wiped sweat from her brow.