Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 PM

And other new songs that DON'T MAKE SENSE.

This song grinds my nerves so much! The parts don't fit together properly, and there are too many different bits. Normally I don't have too much of a problem with SNSD, and I usually like their songs the first time or two, but this is just so annoying.

Worse, I thought that it was just this song. But then this came out.

Now I'm busy crossing my fingers and hoping that kpop doesn't keep doing this during the year.

Remyre
*^_^*

Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 AM

Well, unfortunately, as long as people will pay for it... it won't go away. :/ It is sad what passes as "music" nowadays, but the best way to go about it.. is by ignoring it! XD It works just fine for me, I haven't heard any of most the "super famous" bands these days, and I'm just fine with that! I stick to the music I know, and get suggestions from people who's opinions I trust, and all is right with the world.... I have my fingers crossed with you though! haha

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM

Yeah no. I'll stick with my Loveholic, which is positively vintage at this point.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 AM

I think they are starting to take way too many influences from the west.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 AM

Why do you say that Risque? I mean, the main Kpop style was originally inspired by people like Michael Jackson, so it's kind of a given that there is a heavy western influence, but it's definitely still its own genre.

Biggles; Loveholic... I had to google them.

(Oh yeah, and the GLAM song grew on me, dammit.)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Why do you say that Risque? I mean, the main Kpop style was originally inspired by people like Michael Jackson, so it's kind of a given that there is a heavy western influence, but it's definitely still its own genre.

Biggles; Loveholic... I had to google them.

(Oh yeah, and the GLAM song grew on me, dammit.)
Well pop music in the States was like this in the 90's and early 2000s with boy bands and your Destiny's Childs and whatnot, but now I feel like with the two songs you posted, the k-pop genre is just following the evolution of western pop to a T, especially with all the urban influences that I just don't agree with.
I'm probably just bitter that K-pop is evolving into something that I personally don't like. ):

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM

That makes sense.

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM

Admittedly, I just started listening to Kpop, and prefer bands like EXO, F.T. Island, and G-Dragon. But Girl's Generation is all right. I actually like "I got a boy"... not so much GLAM... first time I have ever heard of the group, in fact.

So, may I ask, what's wrong with it? Is it the song itself, or the video? I haven't been able to see the video, but I listen to the song all the time.

Oh Sehun

Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Just wait until T-ara makes a comeback. That should be hilarious.
Note that I'm not hating on them, not exactly their biggest fan but I don't really have a problem with them, just that half of their songs are 'fun' and pretty much with out a point..HALF, day by day doesn't fall into the list I guess.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 AM

GG and Glam are both meh for me. I've never really seen why people love GG so much (I mean, they're basically robots engineered for entertainment, and their music really isn't all too great). As for Glam, they're a rather new group, and I never really saw much groundbreaking potential from them. K-Pop kinda does seem to be traveling downhill. I'm seeing the same thing, over and over again from different groups (especially those under SM). The only band I'll ever completely love is probably Epik High.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N • B ! L ! T Y ♥ View Post

So, may I ask, what's wrong with it? Is it the song itself, or the video? I haven't been able to see the video, but I listen to the song all the time.
My problem with it is just the choppy way that different parts of the song go together. They don't seem related. Also with the video, there's this sort of half return to GG's aegyo state from Gee and Oh, but half of it is still stronger, like The Boys and Run Devil Run. It's a mishmash that doesn't really work in my opinion.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's not fond of "I Got A Boy". I mean, I'd like it if it were, say, a sampling of several songs on their new album. Then I'd go out and buy the album. At first I really liked the song, but then it cut to a cutesy chorus and I was really, really confused. The mishmashiness gave me whiplash.

When I first got into Kpop, I really didn't like aegyo pop. Like, I really didn't like Gee for the longest time, but then I loved Run Devil Run. Now I'm on good terms with Aegyo pop, but I still don't really listen to it regularly. >w> I really liked GG's strong image since Run Devil Run, so it's kind of... disheartening to see that SM's putting them back in Aegyo mode.

I'm seriously worried about a lot of the artists under SM. I adore the artists themselves, but I'm not so sure about the company.

Puffer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM

The first time I heard IGAB, I liked the first part of the song, before it got all... weird, in the middle. The dubstep part, barf. I usually liked their other song too, well, their older song anyway. (and I mean OLD-er)

As for GLAM, I just heard their song a few days ago and I'm really really disappointed. I had big hope for them. Well, only because I kept seeing how 2AM (my kpop love, they're really good singers/ballad group) promoting GLAM.

I think GG should grow out from the 'aegyo-teen-girlish' side of em. All of them are at their 20s now. *rolls eyes*

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Oh man, I know what you mean about SM there CADFND. *shakes fists at advertising in music videos*

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Ohhh good lordie the everysing & genie app advertisements, I know how you feel.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 AM

Not only that, but the in-video ads as well. Like the perfume.