DaniCalifornia
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 PM

Anyone else remember this classic, back from the days when MTV didn't suck? I sure as hell didn't, I was only two years old when it came out. But at the recommendation of others, I tried it out. And well, what can I say?

It's brilliant.

Daria's one of the rare fictional teenagers who behaves like someone her age. She's sarcastic and snarky, but not without chinks in her armor. She looks at high school life and sees it for what it is: bullsh*t. I basically was a Daria when I was in highschool, or at least I wanted to be.

As for the show itself, it's held up really well, considering it's been over 10 years since it's pilot. Some of the talk about computers has dated, of course, but it's really kept to a minimal to begin with, so I really never noticed much. Lot's of the clothing too, with the ironic exception of the Fashion Club. But the problems she had then are problems that still exist today, and I found the whole thing to be just so RELATABLE (with the exception of the Tom Sloane arc, but that's just because I've always been single hahaha

Summertime Sadness

Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM

Daria really is brilliant. I'm pretty sure it's one of, if not the, best cartoon series I have ever seen. The jokes are actually funny and I really found myself connecting to Daria in a strange way? Honestly, I just want to be her best friend, not gonna lie...

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 AM

It was my childhood goal in life to become Jane Lane. I looked up to her so much, haha.

Daria was really a stand out show from back then.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-31-2013, 11:42 AM

Daria was awesome...I enjoyed the show, and I thought Daria as a character was very interesting.