Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Hello!
So, for pretty much my whole life, I have had trust issues. I don't have more than three friends because of it, and the friends I do have are pretty fed up with my crap. I won't talk when I am having issues, and it frustrates the heck out of them because they just wanna help me... I don't know what to do. Is there a way to fix trust issues? I mean, probably not. But you know... I could always see.

Hau
i'm so Awful

Old 10-24-2014, 01:21 AM

Uniplex:
i really understand how you feel. it took me a really long time to open back up because i was betrayed and harassed by a group of friends a couple years ago. not everybody has a specific event that prompted the issues with trust but that's ok because feeling closed off is valid and normal. unfortunately there's no one thing that'll cure you other than slowly pushing yourself to take chances on people. start small. if you have something going on in your life, try sharing it as vaguely as possible and see how you feel. let your close friends know that you might need their help.

in my experience, some people are cruel but for the most part, trusting someone is the easiest way to experience the best side of humanity. you'll see that friends will try hard not to disappoint you or let you down if they really love you :--))

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 12-27-2014, 03:53 AM

Uniplex:

I totally get it. I've always had trust issues ever since... 4th grade. But I have friends that have thankfully earned that trust and know that trust that I gave them is very important. I trust them more than my family; unfortunately, they have failed to earn my trust many times.

Anyways, I really think that it depends on how deep and bad those trust issues are. Make sure your friends understand that you have really bad trust issues (by the looks of it, it seems like they are pretty bad, considering they are your friends and all...) My thing is that the only way to fix trust issues is to let people in. You may not like the sound of that, but it's true. The more you are holding back things that you desperately want to tell people, the more it's hurting you. It helps a little bit if you tried writing your thoughts down. As wierd as it sounds, I find it easier to put trust in a journal rather than people.

Trust issues take a long time to heal, but they won't heal unless you take that first step and tell someone :)

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 02-23-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniplex View Post
Hello!
So, for pretty much my whole life, I have had trust issues. I don't have more than three friends because of it, and the friends I do have are pretty fed up with my crap. I won't talk when I am having issues, and it frustrates the heck out of them because they just wanna help me... I don't know what to do. Is there a way to fix trust issues? I mean, probably not. But you know... I could always see.
Start throwing your trust out there to people. Force yourself to do it. You will get hurt a few times but, you have to be able to trust people. The only way to do that is go on a limb and hope they catch you when it breaks.

Trust me, you do not want to end up like some people who push away the very people they love.