OhMahGawz
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM

I don't watch anime, but I'm an avid reader of manga when I'm in the right mood, and this one in particular seemed worth my time. Only a few are out now (and I only own the first 3 of those) but I don't regret a single cent of what it cost to purchase these. I think they're magnificent.

The artwork is chilling and detailed, the story is dark and Edaniel provides plenty of comic relief to accompany the horrific creatures and magnificently eerie tale playing out before you. Bizenghast stole my heart. :3 I can't wait to buy more.

Have you read it? If so, what do you think of it?
-hopes he's not alone-

ThyFaerieQueen
Chase the Morning, Yeild for Not...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Oh my gosh, I :hear: Bizenghast. I've read up to 5, I think....

OhMahGawz
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure there are only 5 out. I need to read 4 and 5, but I can't afford it and I can't help but purchase things I support.

O: still, you like it?
Gee, you're, like, the bestest person evar.

I'm just surprised someone heard of it. In a good way. It's so hard to find a manga people actually read that isn't in Shonen Jump or that wasn't turned into an anime these days.

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 07-12-2009, 03:19 AM

Yes, I like Bizenghast! I love Dinah's outfits. I feel bad for you since you haven;t read 4 & 5. They're really good. I think there's going to be one more volume and that's it. :(

I only own the artbook. It's pretty cool, and has stickers! *Bunny likes stickers*

I'm the best person ever?? Really?? You're sweet, Gawz. Make me smile.

I think they should turn Bizenghast into an anime. It would to the Lolita/Goth audience more. Like me! I like Bizenghast, and Deathnote, and Ouran Host Club....

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM

i really like Bizenghast. Even though i've only read the first one. My favorite quote from it is "Communism is bad for your eyes! Oh, i meant television. I get those 2 confused."

I met the artist at a con, and she's so funny. She was dressed in pink and has such a bubbly personality. I thought that was funny since Bizenghast is so dark.

N I G H T
Lurky Shadowboxer =w=
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to N I G H T

Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 PM

My roommate went to college with the creator of that book, Alice. My roomie said Alice was lazy in school and the teachers didn't like her very much because of her gothic style of art and laziness in class....I thought that's odd..

edits: I'm not putting her down, I like her stories, I just thought it funny that my roommate hated her so much because they both graduated in the same class. XD

Last edited by N I G H T; 07-23-2009 at 12:20 PM..

OhMahGawz
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Hahah.

I know my favorite quote off the top of my head.
"It's love, Dinah, it doesn't have to make sense."
That one put a smirk on my face immediately.

Also, if college professors don't like lazy people with goth styles, I am so screwed when I go to college. ;-; Your story has only filled me with fear, Night.

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 07-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Don't worry Gawz, you'll do fine. I love Bizenghast though. It's an awesome anime.

What Con did you meet her at Liath??

N I G H T
Lurky Shadowboxer =w=
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to N I G H T

Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMahGawz View Post
Hahah.

I know my favorite quote off the top of my head.
"It's love, Dinah, it doesn't have to make sense."
That one put a smirk on my face immediately.

Also, if college professors don't like lazy people with goth styles, I am so screwed when I go to college. ;-; Your story has only filled me with fear, Night.
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that my roommate talked about Alice so much like she was crazy in college. I don't think you have anything to worry about. X3

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 AM

Love this series! I was hooked by the out-of-the-norm cover, and the horror-y aspect of it, and the ghosts, and the gothic-ness of the town, and... Oh, heck, everything about it. I have all of the graphic novels and am waiting for the next one to come out. I love Dinah's outfits and the character growth that you see in her. And she (LeGrow) spins in horror, relationships, suspense, psychological factors, mystery in such a way that compels you to keep reading. The artwork is a little shabby in places, but in others it's awesome; it's a healthy balance.

Oscar the Wild
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM

Yay, someone else who likes Bizenghast! I've read and absolutely adored it. Love the art the most. Dinah's outfits are also the best.

Luzzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 PM

I own the first 4 volumes :heart: Ahhh how I love Bizenghast~~~
I saw Alice at ComicCon last year without knowing it has her...
She was in the Masquerade and WOWWW her costume was amazing!! >:U
I think she has pictures up in her DeviantArt. =u= ♥♥
She's been making a bunch of steampunk jewelry latety... xD

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Steampunk jewelry is soo pretty and awesome. I want some!

Beau Folie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Have you ever read the Bizenghast series? OMG! I love the characters. Especially Edaniel and Vincent. They are both really cute. Well, Edaniel is hotter when in his human form...But funny!

But I was crying when I read when Vincent died. I was all like....:gonk:

So....here is a question...if you have ever read the Bizenghast series...who is your favorite character?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2009, 09:43 PM

Beau Folie, I've gone ahead and merged your thread with our original Bizenghast topic in the Anime/Manga subforum.

Always remember to search the forum before making a new thread. :yes:

ButterflyDemise
Cupcake Zombie

Old 03-13-2010, 02:22 AM

I just love Bizenghast! I can’t wait for the next novel. I also hope they will turn it into an anime or a movie. I think a movie would be beyond amazing! The wardrobe for it would be so visually appealing too.

I hope it’s author, Alice LeGrow, goes to A-Kon this year so I can get an autograph. (Last year my autograph was on paper and got ruined =_=;