Mimi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Anyone also obsessed with the books of Meg Cabot? i loved in particular 'Avalon high' (really curious how the 'manga' will be), All American Girl and Teen Idol ^.^

Who else is reading her?

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 PM

xD I'm reading the Princess Diaries. Soooo much better than the movies. I love how Cabot makes fun of them in the books.

I always mean to pick up some of her other stuff, but I buy books so infrequently that whenever I go to the bookstore there's another PD book to get so I don't bother.

fourohnine
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to fourohnine Send a message via MSN to fourohnine

Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 AM

I read the first... err, four-ish Princess Diaries books. They made my seventh grade-self squee in delight back in the day. ^^;

Of course, the books were so much better than the movies... but the movies were cute, so it's forgivable. =D

I haven't read any of her newer books, though. I picked one up once and tried to, but it didn't tickle my fancy.

Hollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 AM

I actually didn't think she was that great. I liked All American Girl and the first Princess Diary, but the later Princess Diaries were really dull, and overrated.

And I felt that the movies were not as good as they could have been. And that made me disappointed.

She is really good at making strong, believable characters, but other than that, her plot lines are not the best.

Mimi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 AM

Well, I'm not that into the princess diaries, but I really really loved Avalon High...

Stephanie
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Stephanie Send a message via MSN to Stephanie

Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 AM

OMG YES!!! I'M ADDICTED!!!
I started reading PDs and Mediator in 8th grade. I was HOOKED like you wouldn't believe. I've read All-American Girl and the sequel plus a few others. I actually just found Avalon High the other day and I can't wait to start reading it! And I can't wait till Queen of Babble in the Big City, and Pants on Fire come out. I'm waiting to get a chance to go to Target to get Prom Nights from Hell after my prom last night x_x

xDark_Midnightx
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via MSN to xDark_Midnightx

Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 AM

I really love that series, and all american girl.
She's one of my fave. all time authors for that kind of stuff :)
I hope she'll write more, I like how her books...are sometimes expected but not...hard to explain...but for those who haven't read it..READ IT SERIOUSLY XD, for those who already love her books...isn't it awesome?!?! :D

Honey
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 AM

When I was in about 6th grade I LOVED (<333) Meg Cabot.
I'm talking...
All American Girl (Which I lent to Hollie, FYI)
Princess Diaries
She is still one to captivate my interest at times... but I agree with Hollie, her latest PD books haven't been as up to par as the first.

Even the sequal to All American Girl wasn't quite as good as the first.
But usally sequels aren't.

CRUNKED
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to CRUNKED

Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 AM

I've read the entire Mediator series, and it's pretty good. I was so jealous of the main character for her ability to see hot dead people. D:

Robot Jane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Robot Jane

Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM

I used to really love Meg Cabot, but I think that after she finished the Mediator series, her books just started to go downhill. All of her characters are the same, just variations on a theme, and I think it's weird how she always makes them these totally normal and loveable girls who everyone hates.

I've just matured. I read better books.

Lemoni
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 AM

sucks, sorry^^

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-19-2007, 03:15 AM

I love Meg Cabot!
The Princess Diaries series is so fabulous. So is All American Girl.
I haven't read any of her books since the 6th grade. I need start reading her stuff again~

mesuchan
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesuchan Send a message via MSN to mesuchan Send a message via Yahoo to mesuchan

Old 04-19-2007, 03:32 AM

Oh i completely adored the Mediator Series....I was addicted and couldnt put the books down.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 04-28-2007, 12:34 AM

@3@ I just bought book 8 of the PD and book 1 as well since my other copy got put through the wash. I also saw she has another PD mini-novel out. *Tries veryvery hard not to spend money.* eeee.

Mumboo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 AM

I always go to the library or go on the internet to see if her new book is out yet.
I'm still waiting for the lastest of the "Princess Diaries" to come out.

jamilee-nicole
*^_^*

Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM

I love Meg Cabot!

I have read a good deal of her books, from Princess Diaries, to Avalon High, to Jinx, to 1-800-Where-R-U and much much more.

I know, she is not exactly 'high literture'. Her writing is more bouncey and is, most definitely, aimed for the female audience. But her books are so amusing! Once I start reading, it is hard to put them down.

So far, my favorite character is all of her books is Fat Louie. She should make him a crossover character and fit him into more books!

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 AM

I really like her books. They make good summer reading.
I also like that she makes pop-culture references. I can't decide which Princess Grandma I like better though the books or the movie. xD

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 PM

Meg Cabot is amazing.
1-800 series, Jinx, Queen of Babble, and Pants on Fire are amazing books. The PD books are alright, I've gotten up to book 8 and stopped for the fact that they dont appel to me anymore. Avlon high is grand! the Manga was just as well, cant wait for book 2.

Gwendill
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-19-2007, 01:32 AM

i like the prinsess diaries and those are the only ones i read too.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 PM

Omng that name takes me backj to when i was little. I used to adore the princess diaries when I was like 11. The film rocked lol! Definatly not my genre nowerdays, chich flicks are girly books aren;t my thing any more sad;y

Raystea
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 PM

I loved her books!
I don't find myself reading them so much anymore, although I do re-read through my favourites sometimes. :heart:
I also loved Avalon high! :)
The Mediator series was also a high favourite for me.
All American Girl is another series by Meg Cabot I love! :heart:
She certainly knows how to write a good, appealing story :D

anupriyabond
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-01-2009, 02:23 PM

i have recently downloaded princess diaries!! they r loads of fun!!! the humor is awesome!! they r better than the movies...

ilovecandy183

Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 PM

I want more books from her already!!! Really liked Jinx

Lilliput

Old 10-29-2009, 12:54 PM

I am addicted to Meg's books. I loved Avalon high too, but I'm not so sure I like the manga as much...from what I've seen anyway, think I'll give it a miss. My favourites were the Mediator series (Mmmm Jesse & Paul lol) and Boy Meets Girl. I really they'd turn mediator into a movie, it'd be a nice change from vampires don't you think, still supernatural but this time with ghosts!!!

EnvyHamsandwich
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to EnvyHamsandwich

Old 10-31-2009, 04:40 PM

Sadly, I've only read her Princess Diaries series(actually read the last book last week) and I love them!

But I'm still searching my library intently for her other books. They're always checked out when I go. ):