Motion
Writer

Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 PM

Talk about radio stations!

What is your favorite station? What is it about? Why do you listen to it? Do you even listen to the radio!?

Puerto Rico's radio stations are a trip all the time. Laughing at politicians/celebrities/peoples mistakes and whatnot. Making prank calls, telling jokes, making sound effects while talking. Its awesome. Childish. But awesome. xD

Pudin Cute
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Pudin Cute Send a message via Yahoo to Pudin Cute

Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 PM

XDDDD WOW!
That's really awesome. ;_____; I wanna listen to them sometime.
I no longer have a favorite station; I just flip to whatever sounds good. I'm a rock person. And sometimes hip hop. :]

Iheart801
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Iheart801

Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 PM

I listen to 93X mainly. They are rock. More on the hard rock side.

http://www.93x.com/home.asp

You can listen to it on the web with their streaming radio player. So give them a listen.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 PM

My favourite radio station is a local one, from the next town over. I live in the North of England in a city called Sheffield and my favourite station comes from Rotherham. The name of the station is RotherFM. Why do I listen to it? So many reasons.
Richard Lee is my favourite presenter. He hosts the morning show and is completly nuts. He's so funny and the best thing about working nights is that he ends my day with a smile. He will ALWAYS read the listeners emails and texts and always chat to them on the phones. He tells funny stories and laughs at almost anything. Appart from the prank calls he does the same as Andres. Plus we have the Rich list (which is a list of things users vote for, this week it's habbits and superstitions), Secret sound (A secret sound that the listeners try to guess for prizes), the rother riddle (Just for fun they give you a local riddle that the readers can try to solve for a mention), WAHEY! (feeling a bit down, call them up and they'll make you feel better, which is great in the morning), and countless other things that change every morning. Including fun things like the newsreader is getting married so he read "Rules on how to be a good wife" from the 50's, much to her amusement. And so on.

The other presenters are a little boring, just music all through the night with small talk. It's a good fun station.

I also listen to BBC radio 2 which is a national station. It's launched a lot of new music in the UK. It's another funny station through the day, but I usually sleep during the day so rarely listen and it sucks at night.

ClassicFM, is my third station, when I just need to chill out.

Zontanema
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM

I like any radio station that airs Loveline. Other then that, I don't listen to the radio...

soup
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM

I don't like listening to the radio, too many commercials. There is one station I like, it plays a wide variety of music from the 70's til now, but for some reason I can't get the signal in the morning, so I have it on the pop station. Nothing gets me outta bed faster than hearing Avril whining. "OMG TURN IT OFF AAAUUUHHGGGG!"

I used to have 93x on for my alarm, but I really hate their morning show, and they rarely play any music.

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup

I used to have 93x on for my alarm, but I really hate their morning show, and they rarely play any music.
Yeah I know. I am not a big fan of their morning show either. Once that is over though it's good. *Smiles.*

Motion
Writer

Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 PM

I hate it when radio stations turn to sell-outs. Nowadays they just play what celebrities and artists pay them to play. And radio stations will play anything just for the money.

soup
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheart801
Quote:

Yeah I know. I am not a big fan of their morning show either. Once that is over though it's good. *Smiles.*
Does this mean we both live in the twin cities? Or do you just listen online?

nenesama
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
I hate it when radio stations turn to sell-outs. Nowadays they just play what celebrities and artists pay them to play. And radio stations will play anything just for the money.
Yep, definitely hate those stations.
I mostly listen on weekends, NU107 - a rock station, because requests are on weekends, and the requests are pretty awesome.
Listeners really know good music so it's good.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM

I used to listen to the radio a lot more. But I stopped after they kept playing annoying songs over and over again. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM

If you are talking about regular radio it's probably 103.1 the Buzz in West Palm Beach but I prefer my XM and in that case my favorites are UPOP, Fred and Ethel.
I like 103.1 basically because it is the only truly tolerable rock station in the greater South Florida area. There are about 20 stations that play music in Spanish and another 20 that consist of soft rock or country. There is little to no dead air space on my radio dial and only one rock station that plays anything remotely new. It is just sad really.
I like my XM because it plays music without commercials and it has a device in it that lets me program bands that I like into it and then tells me when they are on so I can automatically switch to that station. UPOP is good because it plays British pop music which is one of my all time favorite things and then Ethel plays new rock and Fred plays New-Wavey things like Duran Duran and the Cure.

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheart801
Does this mean we both live in the twin cities? Or do you just listen online?
Yup Twin Cites baby all the way. Listen mainly in my car. I am in St. Paul myself.

smolder
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 PM

I've honestly never listened to the radio station much. I usually just pop in a CD or something. When I do turn on the radio though I usually just put on some random rock station.

Motion
Writer

Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 PM

I even listen to the AM stations. xD

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Radio Canada for the FM
And the local college radio is.. well mediocre at best.

For all my indie needs, I turn to CBC. You heard me. I <3 CBC. I LOVE Definetly not the Opera, Quirks and Quarks and all those shows I love but never tune in at the right time hear the names.

I heard a band do a cover of The Smiths 'Ask' with sleigh bell and a ukeleighlee. It was totally awesome and made of lots of win

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 AM

99.1 PLR for me morning comedy talk show needs.

90.1 WUSB for my college radio, underground hip hop, needs.

1010 WINS for my news needs.

And thats pretty much it.

Purple Rocker
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM

I only listen to Star 98.7. It's my favorite radio station in the whole wide world.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 AM

I usually listen to KROQ 106.7 and STAR 98.7, that is when I want to listen to the radio. Usually I listen to CDs.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-17-2008, 05:53 PM

I don't listen to a lot of music on the radio unless I'm in the car so then it's either BBC Radio 1 or Radio 2 (we're imaginative in Britain). The local radio stations are either cheesy pop music 24/7 or dedicated to a particular style of music like dance or jazz.

I like a few shows on Radio 4, but I download the podcasts rather than listening to them live. I love The Now Show and the News Quiz. I download the cut down versions of the Adam and Joe show and the Russell Howard and Jon Richardson show from 6music. I'd rather listen to the presenters than the music to be honest!

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 AM

I usually listen to Radio Disney. :XD

But it depresses me because they always have cool contests and I'm wayy past their age limit to enter.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 08-10-2008, 06:57 AM

On the actual radio, I listen to Kicker 108. It's a country music station.

On my TV, the XM channels... I listen to "US Country" and "Highway 16" a lot. US Country is more centered around older songs while Highway 16 is mostly new songs. I also listen to the "Bluesville" channel sometimes when I want something relaxing.

Monstryk
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2008, 06:27 PM

I don't listen to the radio much anymore.

I plug my iPod to my stereo when I drive.