blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 AM

I have played many different genres of video games and one of my favorite is horror. Out of the horror games I've played the only one that has really scared me was Fatal Frame. I figure this is because Fatal Frame hits more at home with the general topic of the game itself. I know that it might seem stupid, but I bleive in ghosts and have had many experiences with the paranormal.

Anyway lets discuss:
Have you ever played a game that scared you?
Do you know someone who has played a game that scared them?
What was the game?
Where you able to finish the game?
Why do you think the game scared you?

Note to staff: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. If it is then please just move it to the correct one. Thank you.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 AM

The only one I can think of was a computer game called A.M.B.E.R. , it was about a parapsychologist who created a device (amber device) that made it so you could not only contact the dead but you got trapped in their minds until you helped them realize they died and why. It was really a cool game and definitely had some creepy elements, especially in one of the ghosts who was a homicidal paranoid schizophrenic.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM

That sounds like an interesting game and it would probably be scary then most of the other games for me. *shrugs* It's good to get scared sometimes though :P

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Eh, I'm a wimp when it comes to scary games. The scariest game that I've played is Resident Evil 4. It scared me because the people (they weren't really zombies in that one) would sneak up on me all the time. I'd freak out when they came out of no where. There was one area where these cult members would be whispering, so I would know they were near-by but I couldn't see them. One time, I got so scared I started laughing. That was so weird. I was proud of myself because I actually did manage to finish it, which is more than I can say for any of the other Resident Evil games.

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Yes I have played games that scared me. No not really. It was Fatal Frame.Yes I did. It was the first time playing it so I didn't know what to expect and how to level up the camera/strategy on how to get through the mansion.

HikariKuro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 AM

The Penumbra series..... The last one was so scary it gave me nightmares! Its not like OMG massive zombie attack or anything like that. Its a psychological puzzle game.... But the noises and the atmosphere are so spooky that your heart rate is constantly going and you just feel like you are about to pass out from fear and suspense.

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 PM

I've played a lot of scary games before.

Silent Hill series
Penumbra series
Fatal Frame series
Galerians: Ash
Devil May Cry series
Rule of Rose
Resident Evil 4
American McGee's Alice
The Path

And a few others I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting.

Bumblebee
Formerly known as Robin-chan

Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 AM

I got scared while playing Half-Life 2, because of all the zombies. I played through Ravenholm during the day (though I was home alone), and I screamed so much. Headcrabs freak me out so bad, too.

I also screamed like a coward when I played through Halo the first time and watched the footage of the soldiers being attacked by the Flood, then had to deal with them myself. The music made it so much worse.

Madotsuki
Kigurumi and Trap adoring NEET.
Send a message via MSN to Madotsuki

Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 AM

Yume Nikki is scary in a mindscrewy way. It's sequel, Yume 2kki is pretty scary, too. But more so in a "trying way too hard" way.

Green Tea Pocky

Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 AM

I love scary zombie and ghost games I just can't seem to play them though. The plots and mystery's of the stories are so interesting but I always end up freezing up going ' oh my god noo! ' when something comes at me and I normally end up dying.

Lilikka
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lilikka Send a message via MSN to Lilikka Send a message via Yahoo to Lilikka

Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM

I love watching people play scary games, but I have a difficult time playing them myself! I wouldn't really consider [PROTOTYPE] a "scary game," but I've jumped more than quite a few times when Hunters have assaulted me from behind, or when I fail to destroy an infected watertower in time.

I've been contemplating playing horror games again (as the last time I played one was when Resident Evil 2 first came out), but I think I'd still need someone to hold me while I went through it lol.

graphene
Silent Killer

Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Silent Hill (I've only played 2 and watched a blind run LP of 4, but still)
They're not so much scary as in like, thing pop out at you, somethings running at you, etc....
It's more psychological horror. The enemies are disturbing beyond words, the stories are very creepy, the sounds, the music, everything is just deeply haunting mentally. I couldn't finish SH2, and I couldn't sleep after watching the LP of SH4. xD;

Another game that's kind of scary (not phsycologically, more the kind of creepy-monster, jump out, rawr I'm gonna eat you kind of scary) that I'm watching an LP of is Dead Space. It's pretty good so far!

If you want to watch some good LPs (let's plays [basically you're watching someone play and commentate a game]) of either Dead Space or SH4, and Fatal Frame 3, search up Mangaminx on youtube. She's my favorite LPer. :D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-09-2009, 05:48 AM

Clocktower 2. ><
I played it when I was like... 9. Yeah, something about a demon six year old child who would chase you around, swinging a butcher knife while giggling demonically and you couldn't attack unless you did certain things... yeah, wasn't so good for me.

I'd really like to play Silent Hill. They look cool. But I know I wouldn't be able to. If something freaks me out in a game, I can't stay calm and play well. I freak out and just start hitting buttons. xD;

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 AM

*laughs* Clock Tower 2 was so cheesy, Cherry. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aforementioned Six Year Old
Ha! I'm going to kill you! Ha! I'm going to kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa
*gasp* A human arm! *squish squish*
I was a big fan of the first Clock Tower (well the first Clock Tower released in the states). I remember at the time Scissor Man freaked the hell outta me and I was kinda excited to learn there was another one coming our way. A high schooler who glows purple when possessed by the spirt of a serial killer wasn't the same though. But not too bad of a game. I played it plenty of time. ;D

Igam3r

Old 08-10-2009, 01:55 AM

Scariest game I have ever played is the first Dead space.
So many things on there, and lack of ammo, health, and a crazy crew man trying to kill everyone while you stand there going "...."
That and Doom 3.... but it lost it's scaryness after 20 times of the same level.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-10-2009, 04:29 AM

Howdy - I was nine! xD

Though the other day I saw that game in my attic and I was like "ohno D:"
*is a wimp*

I read about the first one, and it looked kind of fun. Looked too bad to be honestly scary. xD

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 AM

I was playing the original Resident Evil and it scared the living crap out of me D:
I stopped every two seconds to toss down my remote and cower behind my boyfriend until he got annoyed.

RE4 was creepy too, but mostly just in the research lab. I HATE that lab.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM

I cannot PLAY horror games. I'll get nightmares and think they're in my house when it's so obviously fake. I usually like to read about them more in FAQs because I'm really interested but I just will die if I try to play it. I think the only scary game for me was Luigi's Mansion. XDD I feel so embarrassed saying that, so it just shows you, anything sudden in the dark scares the the ba-jeesus outta me.

Anne_Marie
Paradise Siren
Send a message via Yahoo to Anne_Marie

Old 08-15-2009, 02:30 AM

Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, Silent Hill 2, The first time i fought the dead hand in Ocarina of Time, and the piano in Super Mario 64.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 AM

Flowery Pit - I did get a little jumpy in the dark rooms in luigi's mansion. xD It's not that the ghosts themselves scared me, I just didn't like things popping up out of nowhere. ><
But it wasn't really scary for me so much as I'd call it startling. xD