Nizhoni
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM

i am a huge fan of book series'. i have read cirque du freak, pillars of the earth (both are my favorite), princess diaries, series of unfortunate events, and sisterhood of the traveling pants. i enjoy series because i like how they are spread over a longer period of time in the characters lives and they tend to have more surprises.

what are your favorite book series? and why? :)

The_Good_Kid_13
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to The_Good_Kid_13 Send a message via Yahoo to The_Good_Kid_13

Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Cirque du Freak looks good, and not just the movies. The Twilight series is surprisingly good. I'm not too fond of things aimed at 14 yr old girls. >w<

rainbow_in_the_dark

Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM

Coldfire Trilogy, The Belgariad and The Mallorean, The Great Book of Amber, and The Vampire Hunter D novels are some of my favorites that I can read again and again without gettin irritated about writing style and all. haha.

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM

Let's see... the Anita Blake vampire hunter series, which is continuing, and has over ten books already.... the Incarnations of Immortality, which apparently has another book coming out, though I have no clue about what it could be... the Valdamar book series, and the Dragonriders of Pern. That's all I can think of right now.

Nizhoni
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 PM

rainbow_in_the_dark: what is the great book of amber like?

dancingwaterfairy: what is your favorite book in the cirque du freak series?

Drakina: i am guessing that you like vampire (or related) books, you should read cirque du freak.

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2009, 12:10 AM

mine are the black dagger brotherhood, the vampire Chronicles, darkyn series, house of night, and vampire academy I also like alot of manga series but i don't think that counts lol.

Sassadri
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Sassadri

Old 10-25-2009, 12:56 AM

I too really enjoy series of novels. I have read quite a few. The ones that stand out above the rest are:

the Vorkosigan series and the Sharing Knife novels by Louis Mcmaster Bujold
the Harper Connelly and Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris
the Magical Kingdom of Landover books by Terry Brooks

Krendanya
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 AM

The books own that I have read at least three times or more in some cases are:
1)The Rhapsody series
-Rhapsody
-Prophecy
-Destiny

This series is about a woman who is drug through the earth by a giant and an assassin against her will and must make a new life on the other side and thousands of years have passed as well. They are hunted by the badest demon out there on their quest for stabilization in a new land and a new kingdom.

2) The Wayfarer Redemption series
-The Wayfarer Redemption
-Enchanter
-Starman

This series is a very indepth series but is a great read. A man who is raised to fear and hate magic learns that he is an enchanter of great power, and part of a race that is feared by the people and were banished thousands of years ago. He falls in love with women who have great women and must choose between them.

Last edited by Krendanya; 10-25-2009 at 02:37 AM..

ShiniGoddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 05:45 AM

I like the Twilight saga, House of Night, Enchanted Forest Chronicles, The looking Glass wars, Vampire Knight (It's a manga), Pendragon, Diadem, The Sword of Truth, Mars (Manga).

There are a few others, but I can't remember them all.

Vukavo
Outcast
Send a message via Yahoo to Vukavo

Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 AM

Harry Potter series was pretty good, as is Percy Jackson and the Olympians and there is a third series I'm reading, though I've no idea the name of the series, only the books in it: Withchling, Changling, Darkling, Dragon Witch, Night Huntress and the last one I can't recall the name at the moment lol

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 AM

I'm hooked on the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. Also The entire Vampire Cronicles by Anne Rice, I'm constantly rereading them.
The first few books by Diana Gabeldon is her time traveler series were good- I still need to finish it though.

Oh and Raymond Fiest's Magician series.

Marquisse
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM

The Black Dagger Brotherhood all the way; I love Zadist (bar none my fave series on the planet). The Dark Ones series by Katie McAlaister is also very good gotta love Portia. Then again this just goes to show that I am a complete Vampire nut. If your into horses then The Black Stallions are also very good reads. I read a few of the Marked books but they were a little teeny for me. Then again I'm back to Vampires... Gone was cool and there is a second one to that but I havn't read it yet. Oh going back to Vampires there is the series by Kresly Cole and Laura Adrian (can't remember the series titals though) I really like the Kerrelyn Sparks books and I dabbled a little in the Immortal Warrior's Series by Lisa Hendrix... can you tell I like to flippin read! LOL!

tresha_kajira

Old 10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

I enjoy The Belgariad and The Mallorean, by David Eddings, plus he continued those with Belgrath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Soceress. That is one book series that never tires.

Marsh LeighAnn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 PM

My favorite series is the Dark Hunter/Were Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's a really long series, currently at 22 books, and has more coming out, but it is so good that you can't seem to stop reading them or wanting to read the next one. It has some great plots and themes.

Le Phantastique
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-27-2009, 11:40 PM

When thinking of a reply for this topic, I realized I really don;t read many series. The only ones that comes to mind are Harry Potter, which I love and Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy which is a load of fun!

I do read various books by the same authors, but they are each their won independent story...

Last edited by Le Phantastique; 10-27-2009 at 11:45 PM..

The Cheshire Cat
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 AM

Mortal Instruments Series for the win.
Read it, love it, live it!!! Then come and have a little chat with me about it! ^^

Myzrii
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Myzrii

Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 AM

The 6 book series called "The War of the Spider Queen" based off of "The Dark Elf Trilogy" by R. A. Salvatore is my favorite. Drow are my ultimate favorite fantasy race. Each book is done by a different author so the writing style changes with each book. They use a very old school view on fantasy. I prefer traditional fantasy much more than the WoW style worlds or futuristic sci-fi scenarios. The more dragons the better!

Geekasaurous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheshire Cat View Post
Mortal Instruments Series for the win.
Read it, love it, live it!!! Then come and have a little chat with me about it! ^^
:O I LOVED the mortal instruments series!! Oh my god! Alec and Magnus! How cute?? And Simon!! He should totally get with wereworlf girl(can't remember her name!) instead of Izzy!

And Jace... Oh Jace! How I wish he was real.... Lmao ;}

I know I sound just a little obsessive but I just love it so much!!

I can't wait for the London series to come out!! :D

:D[/FONT][/FONT]

Marsh LeighAnn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM

Wow, some of these series sound really good. I think I'm going to have to check some of them out, lol.
I also thought of the Hollows Series by Chris Golden. It's four books about Sleepy Hollow. Really good.

Nuitari

Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 AM

I am a big fan of the Sword of Truth series, Wheel Of Time, Mercedes Lackey's Obsidian Trilogy, and many more.

I will read almost any fantasy novel put in front of me. Also, I should not forget the Temeraire series.

Morana Ryuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM

The Chronicles of Vladimer Todd: Because it's funny, sweet, and kinda cute and not something I'm really used to when reading vampire books.

Vampire Kissess: The classical vampire; can't come out during the day, sleeps in a coffin, needs blood to survive, hates carlic, the whole nine yards. This one is a cute but funny love story.

And those are really the only ones I can think of at the moment ^///^'

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh LeighAnn View Post
My favorite series is the Dark Hunter/Were Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's a really long series, currently at 22 books, and has more coming out, but it is so good that you can't seem to stop reading them or wanting to read the next one. It has some great plots and themes.
i have only read 2 out of the many there are ('devil may cry' and 'acheron') and i agree they are quite addicting... i could read 'acheron' over and over... i just love that whole story...

i'll echo some others, in that the 'mortal instruments' series was pretty awesome... and the 'twilight' series was also decent...

oh yea, and 'harry potter'... come on, that series went 7 books strong... it was pretty fabulous to say the least

the 'odd thomas' series by dean koontz was also quite amazing...

Robard
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 PM

The Discworld series of course, and the Hitchhiker's Guide. I also really enjoyed Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series (detective story intrigue+literature geekery, so nice) and his Nursery Crimes books.
Not sure if The Lies of Locke Lamora and its sequel constitute a series yet, but they're amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuitari
Also, I should not forget the Temeraire series.
Oh my goodness, I almost did. Much love for those.

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 PM

@ Marsh LeighAnn: Oh yeees! Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter books are my absolute favorite series of all time! I've got all but one I think at home. :) Have you read her newest one "Born of Night"? It's in a different series of novels, but it's really good.

I know someone already mentioned the Dragonriders of Pern, but oh, I love that series too! Anne McCaffery has one of the best imaginations I've ever come across in an author. I also love Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdimar books. They're my fantasy addiction.

Miss Deady Teddy

Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 PM

If I had to choice, Cirque Du Freak.