Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 PM

The question is mainly directed at people who take showers in the evening.

So.. I completely forgot to put on deodorant this morning. When I told my grandma that she said I should have still been covered from last night. But why would I put on deodorant at... 8:00 PM? All I'll do for the rest of the evening is watch TV and go to sleep. It's not like I need it, ya know?

Do you use deodorant after a shower/bath?
Why or why not?
Do you think everyone should(n't)?
...When do you take a shower/bath?

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-24-2009, 10:02 PM

I usually have a shower, then a bath at night. After I maybe spend 20 minutes on my computer, then I'm off to bed. So I don't use deodorant after my showers. Especially since my baths are always hot enough to cause my entire bathroom to sauna-like steam, and I use a lot of bath salts and scrubs.
But first thing in the morning I wake up, put on my jewelry and use my deodorant.

TheNavyBlueMoon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to TheNavyBlueMoon

Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 PM

no! why would i? i think nobody should, it's a waste of deoderant. i take a shower, and you smell like soap after, and it's like 10pm when i get out of the shower. so why would i? yeah, you don't need it. i just go on the computer until 11:30pm or so and then i watch tv till 2am. then i pass out. i just use it every morning

Sinister Sassy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM

I put deodorant on every morning, but not directly after I shower. ( I shower at night, for the record). I think that, if you have to do something sweaty, like gym or a work out, you should at least use deodorant afterward. But please, leave the clouds of perfume and body spray out, unless you've showered! All it does is make a noxious cloud. You think sweaty bod smells bad, imagine sweaty bod mixed with your scent of choice. Not so appealing, now, is it?

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM

@ Syraannabelle: Exactly! Well, I don't use bath salts (they irate my skin) and not too much scrubbing.. But everything gets all nice and hot and I just use it in the morning. That is when I don't forget. Which isn't often, mind you! xD

@ TheNavyBlueMoon: Yup! Woah.. you go to sleep at 2 AM? How do you have enough energy for school?! D: I know I'm barely up and walking after six hours of sleep, sometimes five.

@ Sinister Sassy: No, it isn't! Been there, done that. Well, I haven't. But I had gym last year with people who did and the locker room smelled God awful.

E-Spy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 PM

I know, I don't see the point of putting on deorderent at night if your just going to go to sleep.

But a good while ago my friends and I where on the subject and one of them said that she always put it on after a shower. I brought up my point and she said she wakes up after nightmares drenched in sweat.

Now that I think about her comment it makes me feel sorry for her. She must not sleep well at all at night since you have nightmares so often. I might have one maybe once over the corse of a few months. I don't really dream until the late morning hours when I'm awake. So I only get to dream if I sleep in. XP

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 PM

After a shower in the morning, of course! But at night..... uh... no? Why would I want that stuff rubbed all over my sheets? If I'm sweating so much I stink in my bed after a shower, I obviously have too many blankets on.

You're supposed to put on deodorant BEFORE you start to stink. It's a preventative, not a 'fix'. But before bed? My grandma never used deoderants, she used baby powder or other scented talc products instead, and after bathing. She's dead now, or I'd ask her if she used those before bed as well. Of course, I imagine for those growing up without the comforts of air conditioning in the summer, putting on something like that before bed WAS a preventative and needed thing. Eh.

TheNavyBlueMoon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to TheNavyBlueMoon

Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM

@Agent HEY-LEE- yeah! i don't have much energy in the morning. i can never fall asleep before 2am, i don't know why. last night i stayed up till 3am, and i woke up at 7:30am, then i passed out, and then i got up officialy at 8am. i was tired, but not anymore.

LouieRae
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM

Nope, I don't. I shower in the evening sometimes, and the morning others. But I will only put on deoderant for the day. No reason to put it on for the night when all ya really do is go to sleep. Makes no sense to me...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 PM

I read an article that said you should put deodorant on BEFORE you go to bed. That way it gives the active ingredient hours to sink in and keep you from perspiring and smelling the next day. If you read the box on those new prescription strength deodorants, it says the same thing, put it on before you sleep.

So I've started to and It works. I never have to worry about smelling. And I don't have to worry about applying it in the morning, but immediately sweating and ruining the usefulness of the product, because you don't really sweat much at night due to lack of activity. It's the perfect time to apply it.

NorthEastFire
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 AM

I use it both after I take a bath at night and in the morning.

I don't know why; that's just what I've always done.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 AM

I always take my shower at night. I like going to bed clean and I like having more time to sleep in the morning. I have never put on deodorant before going to bed. There is no reason to. I'm completely clean after getting out of the shower and I was under my arms real good in the shower. D: And since I'm not going anywhere anyways, certainly not outside where I will sweat, it doesn't matter. I only put it on when I wake up as I'm getting dressed.

du Mort
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 AM

I do rather well like to apply deodorant after I shower. It may well be a pointless thing to do, but it is something that has become a force of habit for me after any bathing that I partake in, be it in the morning or night, or even nearer to noon times. Sort of thing that I just don't feel quite right if I don't do. It might have something to do with how my sleep pattern has become messed up in that I typically go to sleep far later then I should, and don't really want to smell in the mean time.

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 AM

I usually shower mid day, unless I have something do do during that time so I always use deoderant after my showers. It just make sme feel cleaner.

HikariKuro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM

In the evening? No. In the afternoon/morning. Yes. It doesn't make sense to do so in the evening....

DarkxLorelei
Otakuisms are Everywhere~

Old 08-25-2009, 05:07 PM

I do, but I don't shower LATE at night, and I usually just wait until the morning, unless i am doing something. Well I guess it makes me not stink when I sleep XD

prettyprincesse

Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 PM

i have a bath every night so i dont see the need to

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM

The only time I would do that is if I was going somewhere after my shower, like to the store or something...If I was going to stay home, I wouldn't bother...What's the point?

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Yes. I can't stand sweat. Dx

Raishin
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM

It depends on how late I'm up as to whether or not I'll put deodorant on after an evening shower. Like, if I shower then go to bed immediately after, I usually don't do it then. If I take a shower and still intend to be up for a few hours (I'm one of those 'go to bed at 3 a.m.' people), then I will.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 AM

@Agent HEY-LEE: daily, Its something that must be done for me.

But I remember when I was younger I forgot it once and I felt smelly even though I wasn't. I guess I had health class to early, since the 5th grade. Lol but i make sure I don't forget anymore.

Serenus
*^_^*

Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 AM

I take a shower in the morning and put deodorant on and thats it.

Ailyia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Ailyia

Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 AM

I always do in the evening because right after I have a shower I'm usually heading out the door to go do things.

Miss Morphine
Aspiring gothic lolita

Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 AM

Obviously.

Hyena
Cannibal

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 AM

I don't. It would wear off by the time I woke up in the morning anyhow. My fluids are acrid... >>

And mom is all like "you should put on deodorant" and I'm all like "I did put on deodorant" and she's all "well you should put on more" and I'm like "what's the point if its going to dissolve in fifteen minutes anyhow? D<"

And that was my summer.