p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM

The great thing about the ocean is that that's where life derived from. I hope I don't make a total idiot of myself as, of course I don't know this for a fact or anything haha but anyway.....

I don't believe in a particular God or anything, and I'm not saying that it doesn't exsist, but I think I lean more towards evolution and the Bible being something that someone very smart once wrote to give humans hope and very good guidlines for life.

But if evolution is true and we did evolve, then we came from the oceans. The deepest darkest depths where the hot underwater volcanos are. I saw it in a documentary where some of the human genetic material is found down there where it can grow and thrive and that is of course where there are a lot of things humans have not yet discovered lives and grows.

So I guess we could spend money finding the things we haven't discovered down there yet, but as far as I know, we have figured out how we came to be so we might as well figure out how to find other planets like us so we can advance since it seems that we aren't going to stop destroying our planet with war and pollution. Then that poses the topics on how to stop destroying our planet if we have the technology to rather than find others to destroy. And also, if we find others like ourselves, if we won't be at war with them at some point also.

Scientists are testing planets all the time to see if they have atmospheres able to support and grow life as ours does and has, since that, I believe is how we came about. That's a pretty smart thing to do. How is it possible that in all of this Space we are the only thing that by chance happened to evolve? Maybe we are, by chance, the only planet that somehow accidentally did all of this amazing stuff. Maybe a great God did create us, among others wouldn't you think?

I'm lost in all of my own thought. Maybe I will read over this later and add/edit things. I have to get ready for work now.
:]

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Fact: we know more about mars then we know about the ocean AND more people have stood on the moon than been at the bottom of our sea. I vote Ocean! Just be very careful about it.

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 11-05-2009, 05:37 PM

hmm....this is a tough one...I'm not quite sure actually xD either one would be benificial in my opinion. I mean...sea exploration would probably help us learn so much more about our planet and its history, but spece exploration might help us find a new planet for the human population to live on, and we could even find alien races as well. Either one would be pretty cool :yes:

smilee010

Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 PM

neither we should spend money saving the Earth. It our planet so save it. It's where we live if Earth dies so do we. The Earth is delicate and we've already done anough damage. The things we use to explore space and the ocean pollutes more. It's easy and the least you could do is recycle. If you want more tips read a book or even look it up on line. Just please go green and follow triple R. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.

Last edited by Knerd; 11-05-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 11-05-2009, 08:27 PM

Residential recycling programs will not do enough to help in resource management in the slightest. The most waste comes out of manufacturing and production. They're the ones that need to be recycling material. A large plant goes through more material in a year than you probably will in a lifetime.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 11-06-2009, 02:44 PM

The thing is smilee, the Earth won't die. It will be the humans that die. The Earth has been around for millennia. Humans have only been here a tiny fraction of that time. So unless a gigantic asteroid comes and hits the Earth, causing it to break in half or something, the Earth will be here for hundreds of more millennia. We just won't be here to see it. :yes:

Bandit of Love
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 AM

I believe that if we were to explore our own oceans and learn from them, we could find better and healthier ways to live on our Earth. Maybe even creating a new resource for us to live on instead of the fossil fuels which are quickly diminishing. Also, if we look to our oceans for more living habitats we would have a better chance of surviving than in space, in my honest opinion.

Dream Weaver
wandering echo
Send a message via MSN to Dream Weaver

Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM

I think that we do enough with exploring the earth. I feel that learning about other worlds in the end will save us. There are things out there that can make us understand our own world more. It may end up being our own salvation to learn about space. That is the next step to survival.

danielley990
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

I think it is silly for us to explore space and spend all the money we have on it when we don't even know about all the stuff on our own planet. We are destroying our planet as it is and even though we are trying to take back all the damage we have done to it, throwing ourselves into space isn't helping us much.

There is so much we don't know about the ocean and places we havn't even explored in it. So much food and energy that can be utilized. If we spent more time focusing on what we have done and f'd up on our own planet and more time fixing it then we would realize that we don't need to go out and try to find other places to go.

And besides if we don't fix this planet how do we expect to take care of the next one.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 11-21-2009, 11:17 PM

Ocean...

dream_seer

Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM

I think venturing into space would be more benificial to our existince. If we could figure out how to succesfully terraform planets we could solve the crowding issues that plauge us now. also, with those kind of advancements, we would also probably have better madical and travel/energy resources.

Angelz
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2009, 04:22 PM

Although I love them both I have to say our oceans because space is:
1. never ending so you could search all you want and you'll still always have llots more to discover and
2. the distance between everything is so far apart from each other so it'll take a very long time to get somewhere and even if you do figure out how to make a device that can travel in the speed of light, it'll take time and lots of money to make it

If you study our oceans, it can help us understand our earth better. If we understand our earth, it'll help us live better and survive better in our environments

Did you know we know more about outer space then we do our own oceans? O.o
Now that I find rather interesting xD

stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Space <3 it's a beautiful world out there :) have you looked at the pictures taken by the Hubble Telescope? they are AMAZING!!

Quixotic
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 AM

I'm going to say the Ocean. I'm not an expert on either one, but the Ocean is on the planet we live on, it is part of our world. There could be several species living with us that we don't know about, and I would really like to learn about them before I die.

There could be all kinds of unknown secrets about the Earth hiding in the Ocean. Moving on to new planets just to destroy them like we are doing to ours is a waste. What are we going to do, use a planet up then toss it out for the next one?