Larxene
  • Challenge Larxene in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formidable Dusk View Post
I never really understood the whole point of valentines day, I mean I kind of get it if you have a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend, and then you get to be all fluffy and romantic with each other with roses and chocolates and whatnot. But if you don't have all that then what really is the point?
Even if you have someone special to you, it's a pointless holiday.
You can do all that any other day of the year. xD

Aoi Kazuya
  • Challenge Aoi Kazuya in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:45 AM

so basically whatever we say, it all leads back to the same conclusion. No matter what, you can celebrate valentine's day anytime of the year. any day of the year, whenever you want, the only difference is that the stores don't sell those valentines cards and giant teddy bears holding hearts.

Larxene

Old 02-12-2010, 03:47 AM

You could always buy the stuff around that time and then save it.
I know some people do that with cards. They'll save them up for birthdays, holidays, etc. and then give them to people once the time arrives.

Aoi Kazuya
  • Challenge Aoi Kazuya in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 AM

lol well the most I've done is get my christmas presents a month early. my friends all stared at me like what's wrong with you?

Larxene

Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 AM

Haha. xD Yeah getting Christmas shopping done early is a good idea.
It gets waaaaay too crazy around that time of year.

Oh man, do they play Christmas music on your radio stations beginning Thanksgiving week and until the end of the year? They've begun to do that on a radio station I used to love. It makes me sick of Christmas before it's even December. D:

*Freyya*
  • Challenge *Freyya* in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 03:58 AM

The origional idea behind valentinges day is spending time with those you love, having a good time, even a little romance, and a gift or two. The problem is that the media has hiped it up to be absolutly meeningless.Now all Vday is, is a day crammed full of corny nonsence. Apparently the only way to have a good Vday is to spend hundreds of dollers on gifts for whomever you happen to be with. Diamonds, chocholate, candy, stuffed animals, all useless stuff that you will never use. Cliche, pointless, expensive. I'm not knoking Vday, but it's just, well, dumb.
Vday is just used by the media to make people spend money. If someone is truley that special to you, then don't make a day for them, make an eturnity for them. Love isn't fixed or found in one day. Do something for someone everyday, make each moment special. The media has turned Vday into something ugly, and god forbid you don't have someone on these oh so holy of days, what are you supposed to do?? It's a day only for couples. Valentines day has the highest suicide rate of all the days of the year. Do you know why? It's because the media makes single people feel like crap for being single. It's rediculus. Valentines day should be for everyone, single people included. So on sunday make everyone you know feel special. You don't have to spend money, just give them a hug, a compliment, a note, a handshake. And don't forget to make yourself feel special too.
Happy valentines day everyone.

Last edited by *Freyya*; 02-12-2010 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: spelling

Alok
  • Challenge Alok in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 AM

I myself do not like it much either

Itsumou
  • Challenge Itsumou in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 AM

Why do you fuss over your birthday?

Dystopia
  • Challenge Dystopia in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 04:07 AM

owo; To be honest, I'm not sure what big deal you're talking about. From what I've seen of Valentine's day, its just a day to do something special for someone that you love. So what if that means going out and getting someone a box of chocolates? Are you cheapening love by submitting to some big Walmart plot of selling masses of candy on a single day? No, you just want to get your man a damn box of chocolates. Am I saying that V-day is the 'excuse day' lovers have to pretend it all works? No, its just that one day where you can be extra-special. Because let's face it, you can't be extra-special every freakin' day. Hell, can't a couple do that without being judged anymore?

Larxene

Old 02-12-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Because let's face it, you can't be extra-special every freakin' day.
Sure you can, it's possible. You don't need Valentine's Day to be "extra-special" with showing how much you love someone. But if people want to choose to express it on V-Day as well, fine. I don't frown at them for doing it. I just have my opinion on V-Day.

Last edited by Larxene; 02-12-2010 at 04:25 AM..