m0rgzilla
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2009, 02:03 AM

Night World No. 2;
Have any of you read the first story in Night World No. 2?
The Dark Angel story? I was disappointed when I found out the whole book wasn't that story. I was like, "NOOOOO!" I was also sad that Gillian didn't fall in love with Angel. :C I REALLY wanted her to! He sounded... perfect? Except for him accidentally killing that little girl, and all.

O____________________O;;

But, besides that, he was cool. Maybe because I say "kid" a lot, too? I 'unno.

But, please, discuss with me the book.
BUT DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABUOT THE REST OF THE STORIES!
...I haven't gotten to those yet -- busy with school -- sadly. D:

~Sara Lee Cupcake~
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY NINJA COOKIE...

Old 12-18-2009, 01:23 AM

im currently reading no.2 and im in the second story. i liked poppy's story the best from no.1 and the dark angel one second

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-18-2009, 02:22 AM

i am on the first story of the third volume... i think the series gets better as you go... i also really liked the story 'the chosen' which is the second story in the second volume, i think that one had my favorite couple in it... the third story in the second volume 'soulmate' was also really good and it made me kind of sad too, i think i even got a little weepy... i wont say much since morgankgoodwi asked not to :) but when you finish i'd love to hear your opinion!

Elleyena Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2009, 03:02 PM

I have both the first and second volumes of night world and think they are amazing. About Gillian and Angel:

SPOILERX

Originally I wanted them together too, but as we discover that they are cousins...that sort of just died there.

My favorite story would definitely be a tie between Daughters of Darkness and Soulmate.

I can't wait to read the third volume, I've just been really busy as of late and haven't gone to get it yet.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 PM

i just started the third story of the third book... the first story (huntress) was pretty good as it was about a vampire hunter... but the second story seemed to get tedious and kind of drawn out... i was a little disappointed with that one, it's called 'black dawn'... the third one, however is proving to be a little better, but i'm only about 3 chapters in

m0rgzilla
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-29-2009, 08:48 PM

Really, the the last story is good?

Im on the last story in the Night World No.2.
I liked the second couple, too. I could pratically feel everything they felt when they first saw eachother, and when he realized she was his soulmate. Adorkable<3

I haven't really read the last one.
But, I will -- soon. Busy with school again. Lolollol.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 AM

so just after christmas i finished the third volume... the third story was about a shapeshifter girl... much better then story two of the third volume... they are touching more on the end of the world bit... and there is a fourth book coming out, not sure when, but it is like one last book to end the series... i can't wait to read it... although a little sad... i am a bit of a sap and i like the love stories... as well as the supernatural element!

rabbitpurr
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 PM

I love Night World! But it's been around nine years since I read them so I can't remember much... Hahaha.

xoarchangel
The Last Of Her Kind
Send a message via MSN to xoarchangel

Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 AM

This series to me is AWESOME! It's a whole bunch of stories about different types of creatures that come together and form a massive story. It's so cool how each person is connected to someone else in another sory, and in the end they have to save the world. One of my fav series of all times! I fully reccomend it to anyone who loves Fantasy and lots of folk lore and creatures! It taught me a lot about orgigins of Vamps and Werewolves.

Like how being a vamp is a disease.
How the first Vamp had to kill 3 babies and drink their blood.

AAAH! I don't want to spoil it! It's SOOOO good!!
Please!!! someone neeeeds to know about this series!

-GuiltyInk-

Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 AM

OMG. Can we seriously be friends? I've just replied to another of your threaad-about Vampire Academy xD I guess we have the same favs in common.
I LOVE the Night World Series, my favorite character is the vampires Ash Redfern and Quinn. I like the witches too, and I use to like Thierry from the first novel, and I also favor the lead male character in the second story of the third book [ erm, I forgot his name x) ]

xoarchangel
The Last Of Her Kind

Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 AM

Lmfao! It's been a while since I;ve read them, but I might re-read! It's an amazing series and I don't remember every character, but I LOVEE it!!
AH! YES! WE MUST BE FRIENDSSS <3
On my profile I'm going to post all of the books that I've read and what people can recommend :D eeeeeeep!
I'm happy somebody knows this seriess!!!

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 AM

I just finished reading the first book (well the 3 stories in the first book). They weren't bad. I dunno, seemed kinda Twilight-ish to me at first, simply because of that whole teen-vampire thing... But they were pretty good. I liked the human emotions of the Vampires even though they call humans 'Vermin'. Ash is by far my favorite. The complete 180 degree character change was impressive, and flowed so naturally. Props to the author. I really liked how he even admitted to wishing he was human to be with Mary-Lynnette. It's rare to see a vampire wish for humanity and not have it seem like a ploy to make the human love the vampire even more. It felt so honest.
^.^

xoarchangel
The Last Of Her Kind

Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 AM

Oh just wait, the books get EVEN BETTER!!
All the stories get better and better! You'll see! They get soo good, and they all connect into a bigger and bigger web of people and their stories!! eeeep!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 PM

Since we already have a thread about the Night World series, I've gone ahead and merged the two. :yes:

Seraphic_Charm
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 AM

lol i agree, gillian and gary are awsome. but his being dead and related to her kinda ruin it. oh well i love all the nightworld stories

JennyVonDoom
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM

I read these books ten years ago in middle school. It was kind of frustrating then because it felt like the author just dropped off the face of the earth in the middle of writing. I'm thankful that she is finally back to writing and releasing books for this series... though I feel like I should say 'world' and not series since more than one series takes place in the same world with the occasional overlap. I'm just getting back into re-reading to refresh my memory and actually making sure that I read things in order this time since I'm not sharing the books with 5 friends at the same time. I have also been avoiding the television show like the plague.