silenttiger43
I have nothing to declare but my...

Old 03-07-2010, 04:48 PM

((LOL! Wow, way to go. XD))

Nemiah hid the hole once more from the other side as soon as Asima was though. "I was just hiding there one day" he shrugged, "accidentally knocked a few rocks aside and found this little hole." He grinned, rather proud of himself for managing to discover this secret.

"Now, stick close-and for Ra's sake call me Tem, most people don't know what we look like anyway so if you've got a different name to go by no one's the wiser" he glanced around briefly, then began to trek towards the city.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu
♥ The Queen of Hearts b...

Old 03-07-2010, 05:01 PM

The woman shook her head, although a fond smile danced on her lips. "Alright...Tem" She answered, simply practicing for later use. She didn't care what her brother called her, it was exhilarating enough being outside of the walls. There was something thrilling, knowing she was out here unprotected, as well as knowing she wasn't allowed to do it.

Asima followed her brother quickly, her eyes round as she took in the sight. She gave a slight 'eep' as a hand brushed her bottom, pinching rather hard. Putting on another burst of speed, she rushed through the crowd, gripping her brother's arm. "How rude! Are common people always vulgar?" Asima spoke softly, trying to ensure Nemiah would be the only one to hear. Her eyes flickered back to the man , her cheeks flushed slightly. Not what she was expecting at all, however, what could she do about it? The thought confused her for a moment, what if something really bad did happen out here?

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 PM

Nemiah sighed with mild annoyance, "Everyone's different, that's what I love about it" he whispered back, "you get the good" he pointed towards someone giving a beggar a few coins, "you get the bad" he pointed to where a small thief was lifting a few coins off someone who wasn't paying attention, "and you get your average, hard working citizen" he gestured about the people selling things in the market place. Nemiah strolled about the people with Asima in toe, it was somewhat remarkable what his sharp eyes could spot, "I don't need lessons, locked away from the world to learn how to be a great leader, I need to know the people. Now do you get it?" he glanced back at her, there was still an irritable tone in his voice.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Asima glared at him, "I agree w-you must know the people, but you must be able to protect your people, must be able to speak for them. You have no patience, and when you are Pharaoh, it won't harm you, but your people. There is more to being a great leader than wandering the streets..." Her voice was cross, her arms folded as she continued following her brother, although he tirade was finished slowly- The girl kept stopping to feel spices and jewels laid prettily in the stalls surrounding them.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM

Nemiah was getting fairly agitated, not only at her berating him but stopping every few seconds to gawk at something. Finally he just seized her by the wrist and began dragging Asima through the market towards the outskirts, grumbling about "women".

"I didn't come here to stare at shiny things all day. Sheesh Asy. If you're going to follow me around out here actually follow what I want to do!" he scolded her.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Asima gave her brother another glare, her tone light as she responded, "Then do something, Tem."

How could he not be overwhelmed, Asima's eyes darted around the new area. There seemed to be a million things to do and see.

"What do you normally do here?" The women continued, tossing the silky black tendrils of her hair behind her head once more, turning her gaze back to Nemiah.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Nemiah sighed "Well it's not like I come out here that often... just once or twice and-"

"TEM!" someone called, causing Nemiah to stop for a moment and look around. A blur of a dark haired boy came rushing through the crowd.

Nemiah grinned and let go of Asima just in time to be tackled to the ground by a boy that couldn't have been older than ten. "Oomf! Jacob!" he gasped, "woah, x.x I think you're getting a little too good at that"

"CAUGHT YOU!!" the little boy Jacob screamed, causing Nemiah to cringe a little since it was practically in his ear.

"Yeowch, okay, okay, Jacob, you can get off now" Nemiah waited for the child to stand before getting back to his feet. His ears were ringing

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 PM

Asima's pert nose gave a snort. She didn't believe that one bit.

Her attention turned, however, to the new arrival. He obviously came out enough to meet some of the commoners. A gasp of indignity flew from her before she remembered her role, and then smiled at the child. Her eyes ran over his form quickly, as she spoke to him, "Rather strong, aren't you? Jacob, was it? Lovelly to meet you, I am Asim-Asy." She bent over, eye level to the boy, then threw her brother a playful glance. "When did you meet my brother? He seems to be rather fond of you..."

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Nemiah was brushing himself off, he looked over sharply as Asima began to question the boy.

Jacob grinned up at Asima, "Hiya Asimasy ^_^" but before he could continue Nemiah interfered.

"Oh just a little while ago-right Jacob? Hey, you want to play a game?" Nemiah spoke very quickly and for the moment it worked. Jacob's short attention returned back to Nemiah with excitement.

"A game?! What game?" Jacob questioned, practically bouncing in place.

"Uhhhhhh, the.... find your sister game!" Nemiah thought quickly, "Did she come with you today?"

"Yes, I did." spoke a feminine voice from behind him. Nemiah turned sharply and smiled at her as she approached. She had rather striking features for a commoner.

"heh" Nemiah's grin was slightly goofy looking before he cleared his throat, composing himself once again, "Hey Mesa."

"Hello Tem" Mesa smiled at him, then turned her dark eyes towards Asima, "Who's you're... friend?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 PM

o.o' Asima opened her mouth to correct the boy and drag his attention back to her question, giving Nemiah a tiny glare.

Standing and brushing her dress off, lifting it slightly to shake the heavy thing, the princess's mouth dropped as the new woman entered the scene, and the chocolate eyes darted from her brother to the new woman. No-This woman was why Nemiah skipped his studies and sneaked out? To consort with a commoner? Rage clouded her vision for a moment. He was supposed to be Pharaoh, yet he was sneaking off to see a girl! Don't let him be, then. Don't let the airheaded fool sit astride the throne...

Asima forced a smile unto her face, although she couldn't quite make it reach her eyes, "Hello...Mesa...was it?" Without waiting for an answer, Asima continued, letting the lie that had popped into her head flow out of her mouth, "I am Asy, Tem's sister...His fiance...Eshe asked me to come with Tem, to select a few things for their wedding." Her eyes continuing to glare coldly at Mesa, Asima continued, glancing at her brother and giving a short laugh, "You know how men are with that sort of thing, yes?"

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM

Mesa tilted her head in a somewhat confused manner. She glanced between Asima and Nemiah uncertainly, "Tem? You're getting married?"

All the color had officially drained from Nemiah's face, he opened his mouth to speak but at first no words came out. Finally he managed to force a laugh, "ahahaaaa, oh Asy, you're such a kidder, heh, really, me getting married? Not likely-I mean, right now anyway-not that I couldn't find the right person-but umm" he was like a fish floundering out of water, looking for anything to save him.

Mesa clearly wasn't sure which story to buy, she was looking at Tem rather skeptically now however. "Jacob, perhaps it's time for us to go..."

"No!" Nemiah protested, "come on Mesa, you don't have to leave-she wasn't being serious!"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Asima raised her hands to her chest- they were still shaking with Asima's fury. She forced a gasp through parted lips, "Tem! Why would you deny Eshe? She was just telling me about the sweet things you were telling her! Does father know about this?"

She moved towards Mesa, shaking her head and tried to force her expression into something sympathetic, "Miss Mesa, please tell me my brother has...been unfaithful to his betrothed? She will be so heartbroken..." She gave a pause, glancing down at Jacob, then back to his sister, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin anything for you two, or for your brother to stand witness to my brother's lack of moral...Please, forgive me."

Fake tears plopped out of Asima's face and she sniffled slightly, shaking her head and letting her arms fall to her sides.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 08:07 PM

((holey manipulative... XD I love her!))

Mesa frowned a little, "No, no-please don't be sad. Nothing happened, we just talked sometimes." she shot Nemiah a cold look as she spoke to Asima, "We weren't even friends really, just strangers who happened to meet once in awhile. You may go ahead and tell Eshe everything is fine. We'll just be out of your way." she took Jacob's hand and curtly turned to walk off.

Nemiah was at a loss for words as he watched his secret little life suddenly plummet down a canyon. He couldn't think of a single thing to say, there was no salvaging this moment that he could see. He could only stand there and watch as she disappeared into the crowd once more.

((By the way, I shall return in just a few minutes. Don't mind me if I go offline.))

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 PM

(Hehe....I know you were supposed to be the bad dude, but it seems as though I'm taking the role over....My apologies...o.o' I just go with it...That's fine...I may have to leave in a bit....)

Asima sniffled and nodded to Mesa as she left. When the other female had disappeared into the crowd, the woman turned to her brother. "Nemiah! You are ridiculous...I can understand leaving to explore and get to know the people's needs, but this is too much."

Her fury consumed her, making her face distort slightly as she continued throwing verbal venom at her brother. "You are disgusting, only thinking of yourself, Nemiah! I will never let you take the throne. Egypt will fall in your hands." The princess took a deep breath, continuing calmer, "I don't care what I must do, Nemiah. You will not take the throne."

With this said, Asima turned, pushing back into the crowd. She remembered how to get home, and she would do so by herself if she must, although she did stop to tell Nemiah he needed to come home, now.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Nemiah stared at her, then glared and went right after her. As soon as he caught up he seized her wrist once more, "Father would never let such a spoiled brat have the throne" he hissed, "Besides, you're a girl. Even if you killed me, you would never be in power."

He pulled her off to the side to shove her against the wall, "We aren't going back until I've had my say Asy. You had no right to intrude on me and what I do with my life. You had no right to demand to come out here and yet I let you. I always let you do what you want but now you've crossed a line. We're siblings and you still know nothing about me, and the moment I let you see just a little you destroy it!"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 PM

"You dare called me a spoiled brat!" Asima jerked her wrist from her brother's hand. "You, who get a tiny slap on the wrist for not focusing on your studies?! And I could rule...I'd find a nice meek husband to sit below me. It has been done before, Dearest Brother." Her voice was layered with sarcasm as she spat the words out.

"I did not demand to come out, you wished me to lie for you, and I gave you choices, remember?" She lowered her voice a bit more. "As for destroying your life, Nemiah, I haven't even begun. I have been a dutiful daughter, learning what I was supposed to and more. You, brother, you are simply an obstacle now. I will do whatever I must to remove any obstacles in my path." Her voice softened a bit more, and took on a more tender tone, "Brother, why don't you see? You wouldn't be fit to be a Pharaoh. If I was on the throne, I could easily rule, and you would still live in the palace. Then I don't care how many common girls you decide to meet, for the children that could come of it would not be heir to the throne. Can't you see, we may not have always gotten along, but I do cherish you...You're my brother..."

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Nemiah just glared at her, "Asima, you are speaking treason against me. Don't you even realize that all I have to do is tell father what you have said and he would banish you to the desert?" he released her, "I will not caution you again Asima, daughter of Isoteph. You have started down a dark path, stop now."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM

"Treason? What of you, consorting with a commoner?" Asima laughed, nearly hysterical. It was true, and she had no doubt Nemiah could and would do just that. Even if they both told their stories to their father, Nemiah was his rightful heir, the male. She would be cast aside...Everything she'd done for her family, the years of studying, of practicing. It really didn't mean anything at all. The woman felt her legs trembling and she pressed further against the wall to hold her frame up. Her chocolate eyes were staring at Nemiah, though they seemed sightless.

Asima's voice came in a whisper, "Nemiah, the Prince of the Nile...." Another short laugh, although this one was much quieter, "You can get away with anything...You fool around, knowing the world will be yours someday, and don't even think of those consequences..." Asima shook her head, "You will be punished, Nemiah. Egypt will fall down on your shoulders, even I don't tell Father the things you've been doing...You are a fool." Her eyes hardened, focusing on her brother now, the times they played together as children forgotten. "Even if I fail, even if you become Pharaoh, the gods and goddesses will punish you." She spat down, just missing her brother's feet. "Set take you, Nemiah... May he take you and realize the foolishness you've done..."

The princess pushed off the wall and past her brother, once more heading for the palace. Whether or not Nemiah informed their father, she needed some items. Her legs shook, barely holding the girl's frame as she made her way through the crowd, unspilled tears threatening to fall. When had it all gone wrong? She didn't hate Nemiah...He was a fool, but he was her brother...How could they have been torn apart this badly? They had been close, long ago, before the studying, before the Throne of Egypt and what it really meant had become clear to her.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Nemiah didn't follow her, he stood there watching her rush away as an ever growing knot twisted in his stomach. He had his first hard decision to make now, whether or not to cast away his own flesh and blood. He couldn't help but feel that this decision would mark the beginning of what type of pharaoh he truly would be. Would he be strong, swift and just? Or would he be swayed by his emotions? He fell back against the very wall his sister had been using to prop herself up. Despair filled his gaze as the choices swarmed in his mind.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Asima arrived at the wall in a short period. There was so much to do. Without bothering to change her clothes, Asima rushed to the temple, hoping Lakar wasn't there. What she needed, he wouldn't approve of.

(I'm sorry...a bit of writers block....)

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 09:49 PM

As she rushed in at first it seemed Lakar had gone for the day, that is until he stepped out of the back room with a tablet cradling in his arm. He looked Asima over with a raised brow, "Asima? What are you doing?" he questioned.

((Is kay XD))

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM

The female paused, her eyes narrowing for a slight second. "I felt so bad about letting my attention drift and not doing my studying...I thought I could stop by and borrow some scrolls. I would like to read them in my favorite chamber..." She gave Lakar a smile, it was common knowledge she loved her rooms opening towards the Nile, where the air could blow inside and bring the scent of the river with it. "I know we don't commonly do that, but surely you won't mind if I select a few?" Asima's eyes became big and round, innocent looking, and pleading.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM

Lakar eyed her a moment, "Asima... your childish charm may work on many but it is nothing I have not seen over the years. You should not lie to me, I let you get away with it on occasion but not when it comes to the use or misuse of magic. It can be a dangerous tool to any end, I suggest you find some other way."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Asima dropped the facade, glaring at the old man she had been fond of. "Who says I want to misuse anything? You should speak to Nemiah about that!"

With that the princess turned from the room, anger filling her heart once more. Why did everything have to conspire against her? Why could no one see the good she could do as Pharaoh? Ah well, she'd need to find another way...Such as the library. Smiling to herself, Asima set out for the library. Once there, she moved around, ensuring it was empty. Now, for what she needed...The woman darted around the room swiftly, selecting multiple scrolls. If she was banned, surely her father would allow her to take a few luxuries. Surely he would, Asima told herself, lifting yet another banned incantation.

Her body moved quickly, using passages that were usually deserted this time of day, and arrived at her room quickly. Anobi greeted her, although his mistress's demeanor frightened the dog. Emptying a few trunks, Asima placed the scrolls in the hidden compartments at the bottom, although not all fit. The rest of her trunk was packed with clothes, few jewels, and some perfumed oils. Things any traveling princess would want. The leftover scrolls were wrapped carefully between Asima's dresses, and the princess finally laid on her bed. If she was to be thrown from her home, she would be prepared. If she got to stay, all the better, for she would have access to even more items.

The events of the day seemed to crash down on the princess's shoulders as she laid on her bed, and after a moment she let tears flow. No matter what happened, Asima and her brother would never be able to love each other again... Grabbing a pillow, Asima buried her face in it. What had she done? It was over with and couldn't be reversed, but she still regretted it.

silenttiger43

Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 PM

Time passed slowly with no word one way or another.

Nemiah didn't return until much later, when the sun was beginning to set on the horizon. He didn't attend supper still under the excuse he simply wasn't feeling well-which wasn't too far from the truth at this point.

The next morning he went to the kitchen early in the morning to grab a bite to eat. He had made his decision finally, now he just had to figure out how he was going to live with it.