Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 AM

Welcome to the thread. Please feel free to post recipes.

After-Dinner-Mint

Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 AM

This is super simple. I normally make my own crust.

Quote:
Lemon Icebox Pie III

Ingredients
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 lemons, juiced
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Directions
1.In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves if desired.

Serves about 8.

----------

This goes great drizzled over the Lemon Pie. ;3

Quote:
Raspberry Sauce

Ingredients
1 pint fresh raspberries
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup cold water

Directions
1.Combine the raspberries, sugar, and orange juice in a saucepan. Whisk the cornstarch into the cold water until smooth. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
2.Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached. The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
3.Puree the sauce in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender and strain it through a fine sieve. Serve warm or cold. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

----------

This sounds so yummy! <3
Quote:
Red Velvet Cake by Paula Dean ;3

Ingredients

Cake:
2 cups sugar
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 ounces red food coloring
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar

Icing:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup melted marshmallows
1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Mix cocoa and food coloring together and then add to sugar mixture; mix well. Sift together flour and salt. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Blend in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar and add to mixture. Pour batter into 3 (8-inch) round greased and floured pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from heat and cool completely before frosting.

Icing:
Blend cream cheese and butter together in a mixing bowl. Add marshmallows and sugar and blend. Fold in coconut and nuts. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake.

Last edited by After-Dinner-Mint; 03-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: quoting

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 AM

sounds yummy

After-Dinner-Mint

Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 AM

Doesn't it?! I'm trying not to drool as I post. I think I'm gonna try making the lemon one this weekend. ;3

After-Dinner-Mint

Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM

I just use ground beef instead of lamb but for those of you who might like lamb I left it. ;3 I've made this for my friends and family a few times and they all love it.

Also I use garlic in my potatoes instead of the nutmeg.

Quote:
Shepherd's Pie by Emeril <3

Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 pound chopped lamb shoulder or lamb fillet
1 cup chopped yellow onions
2 carrots, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/4 cups lamb or beef stock
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pound potatoes
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup white cheddar, grated

Directions
Lightly grease a 6-cup baking dish and set aside.

Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the lamb and cook until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bay leaf, and cook, stirring, until their liquid is almost all gone, about 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until starting to color, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add the stock and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with salted water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and return to the pot. Over low heat, mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and nutmeg, and mash to incorporate. Add the heavy cream and mix well. Remove from the heat.

Remove the pot with the meat from the heat. Remove the bay leaf. Spoon into the prepared dish and top with the mashed potatoes, smoothing the top. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake until browned and bubbly on top, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 AM

another great sounding recipe

After-Dinner-Mint

Old 03-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Indeed! *wants now* lol
I'd post more but I've been slammed with work. Gotta find some new yummies too. ;3

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM

They don't have to be ones you have tried either. They can be ones you want to try. :D