Quarender
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 PM

So... I'm super obsessed with body image to the point where I'm starting to be almost anorexic. (Skipping meals because of the whole 'I'm afraid to gain weight' thing.) I obsess over every mark on my face and stuff too, but really there's nothing there and I think I'm imagining this.

Is there anyone else like this? :] I know I'm beautiful. I tell myself that every day. I just obsess over it a bit too much... </3

-Q

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 PM

You can gain weight before actually losing weight if you skip meals. Not eating kills your metabolism, which helps you burn calories and fat. Without a high metabolism, it doesn't burn it quickly enough and it is stored instead. Also, your brain will signal that you're not getting enough nutrients. So the next few times you eat, it will actually try to subdue the digestive cycle so that it can reserve as much fat and nutrients as it can.

Instead of skipping meals, just change your diet to consist of healthier, leaner foods. It's especially not good to skip breakfast. So if you're going to skip any meals at all, DO NOT skip breakfast. When you wake in the morning from long hours of sleep, your body needs that energy boost.

Don't feel so alone. Almost everyone has something picky about themselves. I feel so bad about myself some days that I don't even like looking at myself. But you're here, you've only one life. Might as well make the best of it. Make your life a healthy one. Eat healthy, think healthy. You'll live longer! ;)

Quarender
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-25-2010, 03:46 AM

I know all of this. I get told it all of the time. :] I never skip breakfast or I get sick and I eat really healthy. Thank you for your concern though!

I know. I used to be really confident until 8th grade when some girl called me fat. :[ Since then I went really far down and I've been working myself up to where I was. I'm a freshman in college now and things are really doing better. Lol. My main problem is that I forget to eat sometimes. Lol!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-25-2010, 04:00 AM

I used to dance ballet pretty seriously, so I've encountered a lot of friends who fell into eating disorders. It's a horrible disease that can really eat away at you, both physically and emotionally.

It may sound tough, but throw away your mirror and scale set. You're better off not giving yourself even a moment's chance to think about it. Fill your life with things that you enjoy doing and things that you're good at. Letting friends and family know about how your feel and the problems you're struggling with can also help you get some support when you need it most.

But all I can really say is that you should be seeking professional help if this is really affecting your everyday life. Feeling concerned about your appearance is normal, but having it become an "obsession" is a pretty significant problem. If you ever notice that this is stopping you from enjoying life, just please try to find yourself some help. :hug: