Aersha

Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 AM

Hello, I just started making bracelets as gifts for Christmas. The materials I use so far are glass, semi-precious stones, wood, silver, and Stretch Magic plastic string. I thought I would share a few of my creations in this post and see who else makes jewelry.

My friends seem to all love the color green which has led me to have some complications for creativity, but I guess it's good when you have a large variety of green beads available.

What materials do you use? Your favorite?
What do you make?
Do you have any tips on how to make a certain type of jewelry or how to work with certain materials?
Share some of your creations!

Just want to leave a note? Go ahead!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-29-2010, 05:41 AM

Your bracelets look very lovely. :D I do like the green stone, but my favorite stone is topaz. :) I adore the rich amber color.
Anyways, how long have you been making bracelets?

Aersha

Old 11-29-2010, 05:53 AM

Only about a week. I've made about 13 bracelets so far and still have plenty of beads left over. Topaz is a lovely color. I would love to have real amber with a fossilized leaf or creature in it for a necklace. I'm going to try wire wrapping some of my stones that I have as well. ^.^ So I will post pictures up when I finally get around to that.

Wire wrapping: http://stixnstones.files.wordpress.c...072-upload.jpg

Wire wrapping is basically what it sounds like. xD For thread purposes, I will write a definition here on it. Basically using any kind of bendable or flexible wire to wrap around an object one wishes to attach to a piece of jewelry. It can be simple or very detailed and decorative.

Last edited by Aersha; 11-29-2010 at 05:57 AM..

TejinaShinsen
phailing Ebil Dollie scientist
Send a message via AIM to TejinaShinsen

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I have some jewelry, been making beaded stuff fore about 5 years. I need to get off my rear and actually take photos of some so I can pop them in my shop.

I've been so lazy about that.

Aersha

Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 AM

Oh nice. Sorry I don't come on much. xD Been really busy for one. Anyways, do you sell on Etsy? My cousin is crocheting cute things for key chains and what not doing that.

ShizukaYuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM

your bracelets are so pretty! i do a lot of chain work. i don't actually have any pictures. but it's real easy work as i either jjust find a chain and add a charm or splice the chain and add beeds on hook to the length of the chain to add a touch to just the pendant on it.

i love bead and jewelry work...i would love to do more of it