Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 06-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Hmmm having to sign up for a different forum seems to take all the mene out of it.... Also I'm assuming you don't get any mene gold for posting there yes?

This is similar to what rp'ers were already doing, taking the steamy bits elsewhere, no offense I don't see it as a fix at all.

It would be nice to have a place to stick personal character profiles. Maybe where there is less gold for pics or something since people tend to have a lot of them in the rp section.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Ann View Post
All of it, because a game is a game like Final Fantasy, Or Wipeout. Rping is not a game[in my eyes] So, I'm confused by all the game termage.
Rei Ann: There are different types of rp games. :)

There's text-based, like roleplaying with a friend/friends in chatrooms, forums and instant-messengers. It's storytelling.

Then there's table-top roleplaying, like Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire: The Masquerade, Legend of the Five Rings, Gamma World; etc. (These are the sort that use dice and stats.)

And then there's electronic "roleplaying". This is what MMOs and games like Final Fantasy are. They take the name "rpg" because they're largely based on table-top games.

WTF RPG allows you to discuss any of those types of rpgs and some of the terms apply to more than one type of roleplaying game. :3 If you need any help with the terms, let me know which ones you're confused over. I'd be happy to write up a glossary of terms. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Am situated there now....hmm, looking forward to that locations guide. T'was one of the few things I couldn't figure out to add as I was monkeying around with things.

Hope to have something up for folks to play with in the next few days.
Seridano: does this guide help any?
[Locations and Layouts] - Tips For Your Game World

If it's not something that helps you, let me know and I'll be happy to clarify anywhere you're confused about!

I'm looking forward to more people joining and playing too. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
Hmmm having to sign up for a different forum seems to take all the mene out of it.... Also I'm assuming you don't get any mene gold for posting there yes?

This is similar to what rp'ers were already doing, taking the steamy bits elsewhere, no offense I don't see it as a fix at all.

It would be nice to have a place to stick personal character profiles. Maybe where there is less gold for pics or something since people tend to have a lot of them in the rp section.
Silverbeam: As Insomniac says in his first post, WTF RPG and Menewsha are "cousin" sites. Distant cousins. Essentially, WTF uses some of the same features and staff as Menewsha, but they're not sister-sites. You can't use currency from Menewsha here and WTF doesn't earn currency.

Many players are looking to play something steamy and either don't want to move from one site to the other, or don't want to have to save a copy of it in emails or text files so they can have a record of what they played. WTF RPG gives them that venue to play steamy stuff as well as gives them new features that aren't available elsewhere.

Some of the features of WTF RPG may come over here to Menewsha. But we need people to try out WTF RPG and let us know what is wanted over here. Menewsha really isn't the venue for all of these features that are on WTF, though.

I hope that helps. :)

Rei Ann
Is hungry feed me with rps?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Alright, well it might help to have an FAQ about the different terms, and explaining the site while games?

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Strange, couldn't find that when I looked for it...granted I was searching at around 3am or so, so that couldn't have been the problem. Many thanks, CK.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 PM

I'll go ahead and start a thread on there about what terms people think should be defined and I hope people will contribute their suggestions. ;3

You're welcome, Seridano! It probably had a different title from what you were looking for. :3 Or maybe it's just that at such a late hour, your brain was looking for a key word and your eyes just didn't see it. :3 It happens to me all the time. >_>;

Hannibal Niccals
Gorillaz Guru

Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
How do you mean, "game stuff", Rei Ann:? I'd be happy to explain. :3

Looking forward to seeing you there, Seridano:!

Yeah, there's not much there yet, Hannibal Niccals:, but there are people looking for games already. :) Or you can post what you're looking for! If people keep waiting for other people to make the first move, there's going to be an awful lot of waiting around. ;)

jupiter: No worries! If you're not interested in using the adult section, it's fully ignorable. :) My friend and I role-play some adult themes, but we're not interested in taking our game to the site because it's faster to play over IM as we usually do. We're just going to bring new games to the site. ;)

Have you had a look at the features of WTF? :)
This is true.=3

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Eeek, I'm not sure about this T_T

The set up is rather confusing to me :P

Well, I did at least join, so I guess I'll just have to look furthur into it later.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Lightning_Serah:
If you need any help that the Site Features Guides forum doesn't cover, don't be shy about asking either in this thread or on WTF RPG. :) It's a bit easier when you poke around a bit and quite a bit easier (I hope!) if you use a guide. :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-16-2011, 02:01 AM

An email was sent out about WTFRPG.com, so the site should be seeing more activity now/soon. :)

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 AM

Personally, I think having to have a role-play with a high rating is sort of stupid the plots are usually never any good in my opinion~

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 PM

That was likely the case. I've been keeping the sleep schedule from hell as of late and my brain has been having it out with me from time to time as a result. >.< Really I ought to set said schedule to rights again some time soon.

At any rate, I see that a few more RPs have sprung up over at WTF. It's nice to see some variety, and I look forward to seeing what else appears over there in the near future.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alura--x--Uneii View Post
Personally, I think having to have a role-play with a high rating is sort of stupid the plots are usually never any good in my opinion~
Alura--x--Uneii: How do you mean, "High rating"? Do you mean Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced? If so, you can always avoid the people who give their game what you think of as a "high rating". :)

The ratings are just to give people the option of clarifying what minimum level of gaming experience they're looking for. In forums, people do that by using terms such as, "Advanced-Lit" and "Literate" - but as those terms seem a little silly to me, I thought it'd work better to indicate levels of experience in a different way. :)

But, like I said, you can avoid those games if you want. Or just use the forums to roleplay, which don't have those settings. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
That was likely the case. I've been keeping the sleep schedule from hell as of late and my brain has been having it out with me from time to time as a result. >.< Really I ought to set said schedule to rights again some time soon.

At any rate, I see that a few more RPs have sprung up over at WTF. It's nice to see some variety, and I look forward to seeing what else appears over there in the near future.
Seridano: One of the better ways is to completely shock the system by staying up very late and then getting up even earlier than you really need to and forcing yourself to stay awake a little past what bedtime you want to set. That way you sleep really deeply and when your alarm goes off for the new wake-up time, your body's too tired to disagree. xD That's how I pretty much changed my sleep schedule by flopping the other way around. (For awhile I was waking up at 7pm and then I started waking up at 7am while I was on my trip to Florida.)

Yes! I'm excited to see what happens. :) It looks like I'll have plenty of games to choose from for the next Featured RPG Sunday night/Monday morning. :)

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-18-2011, 02:44 AM

Yeah it is kinda funny to see people use those words..which probably aren't real words at all ^^' I think I was thinking of anime when I said that~ I dunno if I'll use it yet..it's not very big o.o'

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 AM

I think I should give this a try one day. This is a fantastic idea!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 PM

It's a great deal of fun there, LizzyCollinsDeArc: - I end up spending half my evening hanging out in the forums or reading up on other peoples' roleplays. :3 I should be doing other things. >_>;

King of Bedlam
Fame = Demise
Send a message via MSN to King of Bedlam Send a message via Yahoo to King of Bedlam

Old 06-26-2011, 05:51 PM

Hmmm.... I do not like the idea of stepping off of menewsha to rp. That was a big reason I joined menewsha all those years ago. I happen to not mind rping on mene, I do not need the massive character journals that some rp lovers could not live without. And the adult content debate should end with the realization that e-mails exist. However.... That does not mean I do not see the convenience of some of these features. If they were integrated into menewsha, I could see myself using them.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 AM

That's great, King of Bedlam. :) I'm glad Menewsha's roleplaying forums keep you active here! Perhaps some of the features will make it over here, as Insomniac says. :)

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-27-2011, 02:44 AM

Niceee :]

Sexy Blue Candy
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Sexy Blue Candy Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Blue Candy

Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Oh my. It looks positively lovely. I hope I can fit in well there, my roleplaying skills aren't amazing, but that seems like a great place to expand my horizons. Thanks so much for sending us there.

Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Is flobbing allowed on WTF? It looks really cool, the only issue for me would be getting the group of people I usually rp with onto that site. It also doesn't seem to have a lot of modern/realistic stuff. D: But those are my only complaints!

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 07-08-2011 at 02:45 PM..

PuppetGoddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM

I don't know much about role playing...so I guess I'm a noob at role playing too. Are there any "starter" threads? :O

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 PM

I don't really RP... but I like the idea... =)

@ CK - is that why I never see you post nowadays?

seishiro
I

Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM

hiyahz yaoi an yuri pets!! ^w^ ready to have some fun? <3 <3

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 PM

This is such a great idea! As a 22 year-old, I'm so afraid that things I don't even blink at when I write will be considered offensive or too graphic by Menewsha standards. I especially appreciate that you guys are allowing us to link! I think (and hope) this site will be a fabulous success!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Bird Special View Post
Is flobbing allowed on WTF? It looks really cool, the only issue for me would be getting the group of people I usually rp with onto that site. It also doesn't seem to have a lot of modern/realistic stuff. D: But those are my only complaints!
Early Bird Special: Yep, flobbing is allowed. :) There's no gold earning there, so there's no reason to forbid it. :) Some players there don't seem to be into flobbing, but that's something to work out between yourself and a game host if it comes up. xD

I hope you can talk your friends into joining you there! I've been trying to get some people where I'm visiting in Australia to join the site too. :3

There are some modern/realistic games around, but it's a matter of either finding the type of modern/realistic game you like or keeping those games active. ;) (Or starting your own. xD)

As we get more active players, we'll have more people running more sorts of games. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetGoddess View Post
I don't know much about role playing...so I guess I'm a noob at role playing too. Are there any "starter" threads? :O
PuppetGoddess: The WTF Multiverse is a great starter game. :) It's easier if you can find people actively playing in there, though, since people seem to post there a few posts and then get distracted by the other games they've found. xD

Don't forget that you can sort the full-featured games by the minimum level of player experience (ie: "Sort by beginner"), so there are actually a lot of games that are very welcoming to beginner players. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I don't really RP... but I like the idea... =)

@ CK - is that why I never see you post nowadays?
The Wandering Poet: That's a good amount of the reason, yes. xD I'm enjoying the site a lot so I'm focusing my attention on WTF RPG right now. Well, I say "right now", but "right now" I'm actually vacationing in Australia and just haven't been online much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
This is such a great idea! As a 22 year-old, I'm so afraid that things I don't even blink at when I write will be considered offensive or too graphic by Menewsha standards. I especially appreciate that you guys are allowing us to link! I think (and hope) this site will be a fabulous success!
Rochiel Silverfire: It's pretty relaxed over at WTF RPG. :) For the most part you should know whether or not you should rate a game "adult" or "general audiences" there and both get the same amount of attention from the players. :3

I hope you've found your way over there by now and are having fun. :3