p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Kemper pulled a compass from one of his many pockets on his cargo pants, and a folded up map. They were in Monohans, and there were signs around the area, but Kemper wanted to figure out what was on the other side of Monohans, and if it were possible to go around it, rather than through it. He was walking down a paved road with various potholes and broken down or crashed vehicles, studying the map intently, when he heard something. He looked up quickly, to see nothing and spun around, hand on his pistol, to check what might be behind him. It was Alice.

Staring blankly towards him, Kemper spoke. "I could have shot you just now you know that?" He looked him over for a moment, before speaking again. "It would take days to get around this city, I'm going through it." He assumed if Alice was traveling his way, they might as well stick together, it would be silly to force Alice to keep a ten foot distance or something, besides, Alice seemed so far to be the quiet type, and Kemper liked that.

He looked back in the direction they had come, half hoping he would see Blair close behind, but he saw no one. He sighed as turned away from Alice to stare up at the city ahead. He was thankful it was early morning and the sun had just come up, they were going to need all of the sunlight they could get to make it safely through this large and dangerous place.

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Evan nodded and took the liberty of picking up Dani so that Anniebelle wouldn't have to. It was there that he followed her, heaven knew where she was going - he didn't go inside the mansion all that much, except for emergency cases or the few instances when he had to give something to Anniebelle's father himself; his work and other things were brought to him. He stayed quiet, just taking in everything they passed as they approached their destination.

Zodi rolled over, waking herself up. It had been some time since she'd fallen asleep, and she remembered seeing Kemper and Alice dash out of the gates, headed north like she had planned. She figured that she would stay here for another day or two to put a bigger gap between them and herself, though she knew she could eventually catch up to the pair in no time. It's not like I want to, she thought, sitting up. Her thoughts were getting weirder by the moment; she needed something to do.

It was only later, when she was wandering the halls, did she wonder where she was going. She ran into Anniebelle and some blonde guy that she hadn't seen before, carrying one of the girls from the car. "Uhm... Anniebelle? Do you have a training room, or something like that? I need to do something." Zodi was shocked for once in her lifetime; not that she sounded nice in that one sentence, but that she actually got through it without cursing. There was a first time for everything, she guessed.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 AM

"Evan, go ahead up the staircase on the right, second to last room on the end of the hall way, that's the vacant room next to mine," Anniebelle reassured the Doctor, knowing that he didn't really come in the house much.

Anniebelle then turned to Zodi, "Yes, Zodi?" She paused, "My training room, oh yes, follow me. I've got some weight lifting equipment in there--you should find to your liking, if not my sword collections on the other side of the gym in the separate room, you can play in there so long as you're careful, I'd hate to see you severe a limb or poke an eye out."

Anniebelle started walking knowing if someone really wanted something they would have to follow her, so she knew Jodi would do just that, when she arrived at the doorway of the large building, she opened the door as to usher her inside. Her cheek still stung a bit, she truly hoped Zodi didn't notice, but the pained expression--she just couldn't hide.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 AM

Alice hadn't stopped, and when Kemper turned around and said something about shooting him. The young man just shrugged. Would it have really mattered in a world like this anyway? It was a morbid thought, and like most of his thoughts, Alice kept it to himself. When he saw Kemper looking past him, he glanced over his shoulder. No one there. Alice was sure now, that Kemper had wanted to ask Blair to come. Idiot, if he wanted it, why not just say it. Alice remained quiet. It wasn't his place really.

He did move a bit faster now, so that he was almost beside Kemper, but just a tiny bit behind him. In case something did happen, they wouldn't be in each other's way or too close to each other. Alice shifted the back pack on his shoulder. Full of water and canned goods he had swiped from Dani's house before they'd ever gotten in the truck. The thought of gathering more supplies from that other girls house had crossed his mind, but there was no room in the bag already and too many people around. They probably wouldn't have liked him rummaging through their cabinets and what not. Alice had half expected Kemper to tell him to hurry on along or shoo him off in some random direction.

He was a bit relieved that Kemper hadn't done that.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 AM

Continuing forward through the abandoned city, the wind picked up sending paper and other trash swirling about the streets. The buildings loomed over them, casting large shadows onto one another as if trying to conceal the devastation. They had to have been walking in silence for over an hour now. Up ahead was a large supermarket, the kind that sold groceries, clothes, furniture... It was large and didn't appear to have any broken or boarded windows or doors, despite the outside of it looking as though it might be a thousand years old. Kemper glanced over his shoulder to Alice. "I think it's time for a break, and some food." He pointed to the supermarket. "I'm going to check it out, make sure it's safe and see what I can find." He looked at Alice for a moment before adding, "You're welcome to join me, you should stay rested and hydrated too or you'll be useless if anything goes down." With that, he turned back around and made his way to the supermarket.

As he approached the supermarket he could see that all of the automatic doors had been closed, exept for one. Making his way to stand in front of the slightly parted doors, Kemper drew his gun, pausing only to listen for movement inside. Gun first, he stepped inside, quickly surveying his immediate surroundings. All clear. There didn't appear to be any blood on the floor or too many things scattered about or destroyed, so Kemper felt good about the market being deserted. But still, he kept his gun in hand as he walked the front of the store to make sure of that.