Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 PM

*high fives zig*
Shi is avoiding the trend too. But mostly because Shi knows it is a trend.
Shi also doesn't like that "everyone" can find you and what you're doing. Shi is not very open with personal life, so is not the ideal market for facebook. ^^;

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM

*High fives*

I also hate how FaceBook steals the rights to any photo you put on their site. And how people can post whatever they want about you, pictures, etc. I know you can change settings and stuff to block some of that but it seems like a real hassle.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 PM

True, but even if you aren't on Facebook, poeople can post pics with you in it

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM

Yeah, I hate that. That and there are like a million people with the same name as me on there. Even if I wanted an account I couldn't really get one with my real name.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Yeah... Shi does not follow trends... Now excuse her while she thinks up a name for her my little pony. XP

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM

LOL, okay. I'll probably be getting off soon anyway. Toodles!

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 PM

:< no update yet?

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 PM

Not yet.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 PM

...shi keeps checking back to see if there ish any updates.... >> << >>

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-03-2011, 11:28 PM

I quickly run home and grab some weed killer. That's what all plants fear, right? And pruning shears. Together you're unstoppable. Only...I have no clue how to use pruning shears. I'm usually tipsy when doing my yard, as evidenced by the mangled bushes. So I'll need someone who knows plants. Nalin! And he's not not hard on the eyes either!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 AM

Dice rollin' time!

`Kitami is 1, Saravi Boo is 2, zigbigadorlube is 3, Liztress is 4, Shishunki is 5, Seridano is 6, maidenroseheart is 7, d2hiriyuu is 8, PapillonCameo is 9, Iroase Delschatten is 10, Lovably Insane is 11, vgracebutterfly is 12, Shadami is 13, Kokoro chan is 14, EirianHikari is 15, fairywaif is 16.

The 16-sided dice lands on 10

Story to follow shortly.

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 AM

darn, one off!

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 AM

Very off this time. XD

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 AM

I don't mind who gets rolled as long as Mr. Mayor returns safely to my- I mean... >> "our" arms.

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 AM

Yay! *waits patiently for the update to see what happens*

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 AM

Part 7: That Old Black Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
"Ok, now it's on!" I think to my self, as soon as I realize Mr. Mayor is gone. I go back to my house and grab the only weapon left in my closet, my bow. "It's not as good as magic, but I'm fair enough with it. I hope it will be of use". With my staff gone, I decide to go ask Abel to help. He has magic and that could be good with my staff gone. Time to show this plant thing/or whatever it might be, who's boss!
"ABEL, ABEL, ABEL, ABEL!" you scream, rapping on his door, your nature's bow of Artemis strapped to your back. "AAAAAABEEEEEELL!" You know he was giving out candy earlier, but now his porch is dark and there's no answer. He probably thinks you're just another trick-or-treater! You'll have to get a bit more... proactive about reaching him.
Sneaking around the side of Abel's house, you peer into his window. Sure enough, there the lazy bugger is! He's sipping tea while reading an old book, a thick pair of earmuffs strapped to his head - probably to block out the noise of insistent trick-or-treaters. The nerve! How dare he deny people the free candy they're entitled to! If you weren't so busy with other matters, you might do something to really teach him a lesson, like egg his house or something.
Focus! You need to figure out how to get in there and get Abel's attention. You sneak around to the back of Abel's house. Rounding the corner, you're startled by a light hovering in the yard. Is that a flashlight? Have you been spotted? Oh, it's curtains for you, buddy! Braced for the impact of something nasty, you shut your eyes tight.

You open one eye. The light is closer to you, but so close, in fact, that you can see that it's not attached to anything. It's just an orb of light, independent of any physical source... Of course. As the light gets even closer, you can see a collar hanging from it. You read the tag and it says "Fluffy." You pet the light and it... it does feel kind of fluffy, actually. Suddenly, you feel overcome with greed.
"Abel had better give me one of these, too..." you mumble, petting Fluffy. "I'm entitled to it, after all! It should be free, too. No, he should pay me to take one... Yeah..."
Okay, okay, enough with Fluffy, back to getting Abel. You spy a backdoor and decide that's your best bet. Slowly and carefully, you turn the knob but... drat! Locked! You look down and see a little flap in the door, like the type people usually install for their cats or dogs. To demonstrate this fact, Fluffy goes in it, then comes back out.
"Yes, yes! You're genius, Fluffy!" You exclaim. Fluffy bobs up and down, seemingly pleased with itself. "Now go get Abel! Get Abel!" Fluffy hesitates. Hmm... I guess Fluffy doesn't know Abel by name. You'll have to find some way to communicate Abel to Fluffy visually. "Oh, I've got it!"
You find a few clothespins on Abel's back porch and use them to pin the excess fabric of your pants behind your legs. Now your pants look really tight when viewed from the front. You put your hands over your ears, sticking them outwards, in an attempt to mimic Abel's big, pointy, elfy ears. Finally, to finish your impersonation off, you make a cranky expression. Fluffy bobs up and down excitedly, then dashes through the flap. You can only hope that it knows to bring Abel out here, not just to go to Abel.
You find a nice shadow to hide in, and sink into place. Soon enough, the back door opens.
"What has gotten into you?" Abel says to Fluffy, who is currently zipping all around Abel in a frenzy. "Has something out here frightened you?"
You wait until Abel is far away enough from the door, then you rush over and slam it shut, trapping him out here with you. He turns around, startled, but sighs when he sees you.
"Another? I am out of candy! I do not have anymore! I will buy some more in the morning, for pete's sake, will you just let me have one quiet evening?"
"No, no, it's not that!" you say, although now that it's mentioned, you could go for some candy... "There's this evil plant out in the forest, and it took Mr. Mayor! I think it might be magical, so I came to you. I need help, I'm desperate!" Abel sighs, considering your tale.
"It has Mr. Mayor, you say? Well..." Abel sighs again and rolls his eyes. "Let me get my scarf. If this is a prank, so help me..."
"Yay!"

Abel stops just at the entrance to the forest. Fluffy, who tagged along, illuminates his face, which you can see looks troubled.
"Yes... There is definitely something wrong here," Abel mumbles.
"You feel that too? It gets worse the farther into the forest you go," you say, referring to that sense of unease and fear that overtakes you every time you enter the forest.
"This is... very bad," Abel says, further furrowing his brow. You notice that Fluffy, who had been very lively on the walk here, is now floating in place, slightly behind Abel. Even the light spell is scared, great...
"Do you know what it is?" you ask.
"Yes... I think. I have an idea."
"I have a bow, will that help?" you ask. Abel looks at you as if you'd just asked if you should try ice cream on a hot dog.
"... No."
"But I thought I could..." You mime shooting the bow. "Pssssshew."
"A bow and arrow would do no good against an entity such as this," Abel says. "Besides, you have no arrows." You blush. Woops...
"I could... I could try to bludgeon it with my bow," you suggest, waving your bow around, smashing invisible plants.
"... No."
"I need you to go back to my house," Abel says, pulling out a piece of paper. He casts some kind of spell so quickly that you don't even see it, and soon ink is flowing onto the paper, free of any visible source. "These are directions to find the things I will need. I will go into the forest to scout this thing out... Take Fluffy with you, and bring these things back to me," he says, handing you the list. It's written in beautiful calligraphy.
"How will I find you? The forest is big," you ask.
"You will be able to find me," Abel says, and enters the forest. Fluffy hovers nervously by your side.
"Alright Fluffy, let's go..."

"Abel?" You whisper, creeping through the forest. The things Abel asked for are securely in your backpack, and Fluffy still floats alongside you, albeit begrudgingly, it seems. "Abel?" You have no idea why Abel said you'd be able to find him, you've been wandering around for 15 minutes and have yet to find a trace. You look to Fluffy.
"Do you know where Abel is?" You ask. Fluffy floats from side to side, signalling "no." You sigh. You also shudder, but that's just the forest.
You wander around for a few minutes more. You're very nearly about to give up when Fluffy suddenly perks up. It flies off in one direction, and you chase after it. Fluffy hesitates, then zips off to the right. You follow Fluffy until it finally stops. It zips to the right a few inches, then forward a few inches, seeming to have lost whatever trail it was on. It hovers downward a bit, a gesture that you imagine signals confusion or disappointment. Fluffy perks up again and then zips toward the ground, bouncing off it with a ponk! Fluffy continues ramming the ground. Ponk! Ponk! Ponk! Ponk!
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, little guy!" You say, putting your hand over Fluffy to hold it still. "What is-..." You trail off, your eyes focused on the ground a few feet ahead of you. Lying on the ground, tipped over, is a gray top hat. Mr. Mayor's top hat! You look around and then spy Abel's long red scarf.
"Oh jeez... oh jeez... OH JEEZ!" You yell. Fluffy trembles. You both run (or fly) out of the forest as quickly as you can. Just outside of the forest, you fall on the ground, panting. Fluffy hovers only a few inches above the ground.

First that thing got Mr. Mayor, now it has Abel! Granted, Abel didn't have the things he needed to fight it, but if it could take Abel... Alright, you need a new plan. You need a really effective weapon, and you definitely cannot go back in there alone. Fluffy will remain with you until you rescue Abel, but you need someone... with legs. Someone who will know how to deal with this sort of thing. And whatever you do, you are not letting them go into the forest alone and unarmed!

What will you do?

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 AM

.....I'm assuming sitting out there with the backpack on until I too get captured, thus bringing me to Mr.Mayor and Abel with the supplies- does not reach the requirements. ^^' (cause of the "get someone")

Great update by the way~! Worth the wait! The impression of Abel was awesome. XDD
The continued need to focus also makes me giggle.

Last edited by Shishunki; 11-04-2011 at 02:58 AM..

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:41 AM

I go over my options. Mr. Mayor and Abel both failed to cope with the evil in the forest and now it's got them. Thinking for a few minutes I come up with a brilliant plan. MORE PEOPLE!! Yes! Safety in numbers! I'm gonna drag the first three or four people I can find along with me on this little adventure and we're all going to be heavily armed with weed killer and acid filled bombs and pixy stix and Thor's Hammer and any other magical weapons we can find...and we're gonna tie ourselves together with rope so no one else can be spirited off by the creepy forest entity...or so it can just take all of us at once. I shudder and push the thought away. No, this has to work. I start running, banging on doors and yelling. "HELP!! HELP!! COME QUICK!!" Okay, I really think I would be making better plans if I had gotten that hooch but I feel panic is a viable option at this juncture.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 AM

:rofl:

Nice update, Cherry! It was so fun reading this one.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 AM

I'm glad you're all enjoying this! :heart:

Shishunki - I'll accept a suggestion like that, but you will need to get a weapon too. :)

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-04-2011, 03:24 AM

Darn.... o.o Can't use eye cause in this roll never got it.... Unless I use time travel.... >>
*Shi rolls for time travel, critical fail* Shoot!
Am I incorrect in assuming the fact I carry demon expelling talisman's in my bra for halloween (fear of evil spirits and all) might not be allowed?

Okay. It does not seem like we're doing another scene tonight. So I will think on.... while drawing entry for Cessy.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-04-2011, 03:45 AM

I hurriedly made my way back to town with little Fluffy bobbing beside me like a good dog. I need someone with their heart in battle at all times, someone who is able to hold their own even in the most dire times. Some who... Tesel!

Armed with new hope, I headed towards her home. Hopefully, she would be in and maybe I could even borrow one of her spare Pudaos!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 AM

Bleh, I think work sapped me of my creativity this evening. I'll either sit this round out or post in the morning if there hasn't been another update before then. >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Shishunki - You're out of the forest, so you can go back home to get whatever weapon you want. :)

zig - I know the feeling! There's a reason this story update didn't come until so late in the day. :lol: I was quite tired, I needed an epic nap. Zoning out to a TV show works well, too.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 AM

Yeah, I think I'll be going to bed after I take care of a few things. I got woken up early this morning. And the morning before that too. V_V