At the End of the Rainbow
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Rhumbullion: Sorry it took a while - had to log off - but my side of the trade is now complete. =)

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy
Send a message via AIM to Rhumbullion Send a message via MSN to Rhumbullion Send a message via Yahoo to Rhumbullion

Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 PM

I figured that is what had happened. All good. :)

----------

Thaaaaank you! So excited. :3

\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM

You're quite welcome. =)

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy
Send a message via AIM to Rhumbullion Send a message via MSN to Rhumbullion Send a message via Yahoo to Rhumbullion

Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 PM

What charity is yours? Mayhaps I will pop my head in and post for to make money for it?

\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 PM

My charity is At the End of the Rainbow. xD Hence this account's name, lol.
I run it mostly from my personal accounts, except for the actual giving out of donations and such, but my old thread grew so big that I was required to make a charity mule. Went on a hiatus a while back, recently returned. Working with a new thread now, with staff permission, but still with the charity mule, of course, and I must say that having one does have its plusses, because it makes a lot more clear what is meant for charity and/or what are funds for charity and what is not.

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah. I have always wondered about that with charities. I mean, how are we, the people attending the forum, to know what funds are actually being used for the charity? I guess it is an honor system sort of thing. I once thought of starting one a while back, but there are so many already, I do not really see the point. Welcome back. :D

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Thank you very much for the welcome back. (This is my personal account, by the way, still the same person you were talking with.xD)
Well, every larger charity is required to have a charity mule, and funds as well as items on said charity mule can only be used for charity and charity-related stuff. For example, I am allowed to sell items on my charity mule, but the gold gained by that needs to go to the charity (or to buying items for it, art to decorate the charity thread (such as banners - I highly doubt that avatar art would be allowed, unless it was art of someone else and given out as a prize in a contest or such); I cannot just send it to my personal accounts. I think it would be allowed to purchase items from my personal accounts for charity, as long as I don't overcharge my charity-self, but to avoid any confusion, I do not do that often if at all. I can trade items between charity mule and personal account(s), but the items coming from my personal accounts would have to be of the same or higher worth than the items coming from my charity mule. What I did do, with staff permission, was trade eggs from the Easter 10 Event between personal accounts and charity - however, the purpose of doing that was first and foremost completing my charity's sets, not my own - however, I -can/could- pick which of the spare eggs from my charity mule I was going to trade with which spare egg from my personal accounts.
I cannot randomly send out items from said charity mule to good online friends, or so I believe, or give them high donations without reason, as that can be taken as favoritism. And so on, and on.
Basically, what comes in at the charity mule stays there until it is used for charity purpose, be it actual donations, acquiring funds (be it in items or gold) for the charity, etc.

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 10-03-2011, 05:09 PM

That very much reminds me of a non-profit organization. That money is so closely watched it is insane, at least where I work. I dunno if it is the same for like...the Boys and Girls club or something. Where I work, every penny coming in and going out is accounted for, which is a good thing considering that a year ago, the board had everyone thinking that PAL (my work) was going to shut down due to lack of funds.

I feel like I should donate to a charity, really. Or at least spend some time in one to help make gold for it. I just always forget. >.<

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Yes, a Menewshan charity with charity mule is probably the closest to a real life non-profit organization you're going to find on any avatar site, at least when considering rules and such. There are enough others running very nice charities on different avatar sites, who keep themselves to the same rules, with as difference that often, they are not official, site-wide rules.

I would not say that everything is that closely watched, at least by Mene staff, but I do not doubt that if there are suspicions about a charity owner profiting from their charity funds (not necessarily the charity itself, because by having a spot to post in a lot, with your personal accounts too, you're bound to rack in some gold, just like you would when running any other active thread), Mene staff will investigate quite closely.

Assuming you're speaking of donating to an online charity, that's a nice sentiment. -nods- Mine is doing fine, but it helps that I've been around for quite a while now, so I've racked up quite a lot of spares of cheaper items, both on personal accounts and charity account, which I can always fall back on if the pure funds are low. I also have quite a bit of pure funds on my personal accounts, as may be clear, which I use from time to time to refill the charity funds, although I prefer spending not ALL my gold on my charity. xD

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 PM

I have items, folks!

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 11-05-2011, 03:20 PM

'Ellou, Rhum~ I'd like to buy 3 November '11 sets. How much would you like for them? :)

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 PM

I only have 2. :o But I would be willing to sell them to you. Not sure what the going rate is for the whole set though.

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 PM

Hello Rhumbullion: ~ Are you looking to buy things on your quest list using gold?
Because I have:
Quote:
- January 2010 Sleepy Time

- St. Patties 2009 Field of Shamrocks

- St. Patties 2009 Rainbow Shawl

- Easter 2009 Bunnies

- Easter 2009 On the Farm

- Celes Paradi 2009 Cornucopia

- Celes Paradi 2009 Dance's Sky Sash

- Day of the Dead 2009 Halloween Goodie Bag

- Day of the Dead 2009 Candy and Flowers

- Day of the Dead 2009 Passing Soul's Coffin

- Festival of Winter Nights 2009 Cobblestone in the Winter
That I can sell to you. C:

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-05-2011, 11:08 PM

It kinda depends on the price, really. >.< I am a bargain hunter.

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 AM

2.8k for the sleepy time
1k for the field of shamrocks
1.1k for the rainbow sash
1.1k for the bunnies
800g for the on the farm
400g for the cornucopia
1.2k for the dancer's sky sash
100g for the halloween goodie bag
150g for the candy and flowers
400g for the passing soul'd coffin
500g for the cobblestone in the winter

Haggle? C:

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 AM

I like the prices on the last four items there. That would come to a total of 1150. How's about...1000?

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 AM

How about 1.1k? C:

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM

How about 4.5k for these two sets? :drool: ♥

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Azntwins: 1050?

Kah Hilzin-Ec: I like this price, yes. Will start trade.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Gold added and accepted! Thanks Rhum ♥

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Sure, I'll send a trade.

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-06-2011, 09:55 PM

Azntwins: I was JUST donated the Halloween Goody Bag! So you might want to save that for a rainy day! The new price comes to be 1050 though, so I will pay that for the other items.

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM

Congrats! C: and It's alright, you may keep it. I have plenty or them. xD;

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy

Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 AM

:o Well then, some day, I shall make someone very happy! Thanks so much!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 AM

hiya, Rhum.
your list, 'what in the box?', makes me think of the movie 'seven.'