YamaNeko
(=^ω^=)
Send a message via MSN to YamaNeko

Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM

I seriously can't believe how stupid I am sometimes. I went almost a month without any real internet. Tidbits of connection here and there that would never stay connected. If I was desperate, I would trek to McDonald's or Starbucks and use their internet. Last week, I finally had enough of the lack of internet. So I decided to buy a WiFi hot spot. I spent almost $200 on the damn thing. I just received the package a couple of seconds ago. Now, not 10 minutes ago, I was fiddling with my phone (which has its own unlimited internet) and accidentally discovered that I can turn it into a mobile WiFi hot spot. And it's a full strength signal with fast internet... yay for 4G. I still have not opened the package. I feel awful... this may be a first world bother, but a bother none-the-less.

:headdesk:

Sir D . L O Van Lobsters
The First.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Maybe send them an email or call them and explain your position. Some, not all, but some will offer a one time return for in-store credit or something like that.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 AM

They may charge a restocking fee, but since you haven't opened it...I don't see why they wouldn't take it back...

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 AM

Try sending it back, because you haven't opened it, they'll probably take it.
And don't worry, I do really idiotic things too. :U

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 01-10-2012, 02:26 AM

Some time you have to laugh at yourself for stuff like that.

After my brother bought wifi at my house, my ten year old sister figured out our neighbor's password (it was password). But ours is still faster, so it didn't matter. Still was kinda annoying.

YamaNeko
(=^ω^=)

Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nikki View Post
Some time you have to laugh at yourself for stuff like that.

After my brother bought wifi at my house, my ten year old sister figured out our neighbor's password (it was password). But ours is still faster, so it didn't matter. Still was kinda annoying.
lol, I agree. It's funny, it's actually a common password... you gave me an idea.... i'm going to set the password to "supereasypassword" or something along those lines...

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 AM

The Real Nikki:

That's technically illegal what your sister did-it's technically stealing and you can get in trouble for that....Not that I know anyone who would-just saying. It's against the law. I have two people across the street that use mine, but they're older so I assume they aren't doing illegal things and the like on my internet (this is a small town)

YamaNeko
(=^ω^=)

Old 01-10-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Eye View Post
The Real Nikki:

That's technically illegal what your sister did-it's technically stealing and you can get in trouble for that....Not that I know anyone who would-just saying. It's against the law. I have two people across the street that use mine, but they're older so I assume they aren't doing illegal things and the like on my internet (this is a small town)
I really don't know anyone who follows that law. I would create a password if I were you. I'm guilty of it myself, if its not encoded. I try not to use an encoded one, to me that's where I draw the line.

Repo
Fire and Blood

Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM

I hope your phone has unlimited data, or else that might run your phone bill super high. D:

YamaNeko
(=^ω^=)

Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo View Post
I hope your phone has unlimited data, or else that might run your phone bill super high. D:
My phone is unlimited. But I decided to keep the wireless thingy. It has 4G while my phone has 3G except for the first 100MB or something like that.

Repo
Fire and Blood

Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 AM

Good plan! I wouldn't trust my phone company not to bill me anyway. x3

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShishaNoKuroNeko View Post
I really don't know anyone who follows that law. I would create a password if I were you. I'm guilty of it myself, if its not encoded. I try not to use an encoded one, to me that's where I draw the line.

Well, I don't care because one I personally know....and the other uses it while at work at the drycleaners. They aren't doing illegal things other than jacking my internet, which I don't mind since it won't up my bill. I think if it doesn't affect my bill...I don't care (but those people who have the limit cap...or they we charge out of the ass after this much....those...I would be angry if they got jacked)

And I don't think I have the disk anymore to set a password anyway.

I never use a protected/encoded one. But I have jacked unprotected...but only to be on things not illegal-like here, youtube, facebook, my email...stuff like that. And it was only for a day or two while at my uncle's :3

YamaNeko
(=^ω^=)

Old 01-15-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Eye View Post
Well, I don't care because one I personally know....and the other uses it while at work at the drycleaners. They aren't doing illegal things other than jacking my internet, which I don't mind since it won't up my bill. I think if it doesn't affect my bill...I don't care (but those people who have the limit cap...or they we charge out of the ass after this much....those...I would be angry if they got jacked)

And I don't think I have the disk anymore to set a password anyway.

I never use a protected/encoded one. But I have jacked unprotected...but only to be on things not illegal-like here, youtube, facebook, my email...stuff like that. And it was only for a day or two while at my uncle's :3
Mmk, it's good if you know them. I only suggest caution because it's extremely easy to have into a computer that shared your network. If they aren't the type, then kudos. I guess some towns are nice like that. :3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 AM

aw, that sucks.
do try to talk to someone about credit for it.
sometimes you get a person in a good mood.
in person and smiles help too.
good lucke, sweetie!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-18-2012, 03:37 AM

I have a lot of those moments where I'll say something or do something then I'll be like "That was kind of unnecessary" or be like "Duh!". I'm kind of a "blonde" with artificial intelligence, as my old manager used to put it.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Yikes, you can probably return it though. Almost everyone will take back unopened merchandise, as long as you have your receipt.