The Aura Knight
Aura

Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 AM

As everyone of my friends should know,i love a video game called Zelda, well i like to write fan stories and post them on this fan site.decided to let you read this one cause its short. Maybe you can see why i love the game so much! I call my writing name for Zelda fics, TwiliTwin.

by TwiliTwin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I titled this Midna's inversion because not only are her colors inverted and her true self is inverted from dark being to light being. She also makes an inversion of her heart and soul. You can see this as a Midna and Link romance, or just friends. Whatever.

Link and Midna walked into the spirit spring of Lanayru, giggling in giddy delight that their worlds were returned to the proper side of the mirror of Twilight. The Twilight was finally lifted from Hyrule. Their laughter was silenced when Link walked straight into Zant.
"So, you think you could save your precious Hyrule from the impending disaster of Twilight, and Midna, thought you could regain your true status. Hmm?"
Link looked questioningly at Midna. Her true status?
"Oh, so you haven't told beasty boy yet? All you efforts to save Zelda, and Hylians only to see it revert back to its dark ancestry; Midna convert to my plans, and you live the remainder of your life as a 'sacred' beast." As Zant spoke this he caused Twilight to reassert its dominance over Lanayru Spring, and he transformed Link back into doggy form with an evil spell this time.
"STOP IT!", Midna screamed as he used his powers to cast Link aside in a dusty, flea-bitten, heap.
"Not so sacred now, is he; just a puppet of evil, bringing your darling fused shadows to me? I'll let you keep that ugly helmet of yours; it's useless without the rest. Besides, it will cover up some of that ancient ancestry strewn across your eyes. Red pupils? Who would have that, but you, Midna? Shows the spirit in you, the flame that drives you. That Midna is why", he used magic to pull Midna helplessly to his side,"I need you."
For a moment, Midna was cast under his spell, almost listening to his request,thinking of saying yes. She wriggled from his grasp, and returned to her Link.
"Fine!", Zant snapped. "I will return you to the light world you covet!" Invisible chains bound Midna's wrists and she was brought up to the alter of Lanayru. Lanayru, unwillingly was forced to Midna bringing his ball of sacred light to a shadow dweller. Midna screamed a cry of pure desperation and fear and, then, pain. As light riveted through her body, Midna felt like she was being ripped open and resown together inside out. She felt like she was imploding, searing heat and pain went through her heart and soul in shock waves of things foreign to her design and existence of her being. Her, mind, was, slipping. Everything went, blurry. The last thing she saw was that sacred beast’s beautiful, kind, broken face. Then, darkness.
Midna woke to the nuzzling of Link’s wolfie snout. She, remembered, little. She had woken up several times in a fitful state of disillusion. She remembered pain, rain, a, cat? And Link, sweet, sweet Link. He was now in an almost permanent state of caninedom. All because he had tried to attack Zant in protection of her, the one who had used him in the first place. She looked from her fuzzy savior to, Zelda . Midna, Zant has cast a spell that will be hard to break.” “I know , can we fix him?” “Well, no. Zant is, Zant. He will never change.” “Not Zant, Link, he has an almost permanent spell over him”, she voiced what she had been thinking, “it’s not the sacred triforce that binds him, but an evil, ancient, misused magic.” “I know Midna, I HAD been talking about the spell on you.” “Just, help, Link.” “Link, isn't close to dying, you are, Midna. And Link can wait!” Link snorted at Zelda. Midna was growing weaker, there was no hope. She WOULD die, she wasn't ready to die, but she had to be noble about it, Zelda wasn't the only princess around here. Her only regret was that she didn't get to see the outcome of this battle, she was just leaving it all on the shoulders of these two. “Zelda, one thing, can you show Link where to find, the Mirror of Twilight?” Zelda quickly drew in her breath. “Midna, I think I finally know who, and what you are.” Zelda grasped Midna’s hand and Midna started to rise into the air. Midna’s eyes got wide. “No, Zelda, don’t! Link, stop her!” Midna shrieked. Zelda faded slowly away and Midna returned to normal. Midna gently floated to the ground. Midna whispered, “Zelda, you gave all you had to give, though I did not want it.” Link and Midna left for the sacred grove, and a hard realization hit Midna, Link and Zelda, the two people she treated the worst, were doing everything to help her.
They saved her.

TwiliTwin

The Aura Knight
Aura

Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM

If you haven't played twilight princess, you won't understand this scene at all.....it is a scene that is portrayed in the game only I fleshed it out and made it my own fic. :)