PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 AM

I'm not saying they're identical, but I feel that BR captured the pure brutality of the act a lot better. I also felt that it was more than just "population control". Hunger Games was too kind or light-hearted in my opinion. The idea of pitting children against each other in the fight to the death.....BR takes time to explore the darker natures of the human psyche, which surfaces in that extreme situation. I also didn't really care for the characters in HG. I found the girl to be extremely annoying.

Aldetha
True fan that provides cool air ...

Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM

I liked it! an i really cant wait for catching fire! <3

monsteryrawr
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM

First of all, I'm sorry to everyone who enjoyed the movie.

But it was horrible.

I enjoyed the books, but the movie is just horrible. Maybe it's because I had so much hope for it, and because I was too excited about it, but I was really really disappointed. I find a lot of things in the movie so off, partly because my head declined the actors that they chose as it's really different from my imagination. I wish I didn't watch the movie and let it stay in my imagination. Now every time I read the book I have a hard time getting their faces and the movie settings out of my head. Oh and the fight scene, barf.

Just my thought, sorry if it offended anyone.

mysticeyes2987
Comic Nerd

Old 08-31-2013, 12:53 PM

It's ok, Hon! We're all entitled to our opinions. I personally loved it for the psychological aspect of it. I mean, seeing the state the United States is in at the moment, if the states were to rebel against the Government, I can see something like that happening. Maybe not the games, or killing off children but I can see why they do so.

They start the reaping at age twelve because by then the kids usually have a greater understanding for what is happening. Also, even if they aren't as prepared as the older kids, they might still have a chance at winning if they are clever.

That is, in fact, how Haymitch won.

The movie was good, I thought, and probably the closest to the book that I've ever seen a movie, aside from the few major things that Bearzy mentioned.

I can't wait for the second one, mainly because I felt that the first one was excellent.

BlakeAyres
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 PM

I saw this movies. I love Jenifer Loranse acting she put good efferts.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 10-13-2013, 05:03 PM

Who's excited for the sequel to The Hunger Games? I know I am!
Discuss your expectations, favorite characters and anything else here.

Here are some links to the websites for The Hunger Games, feel free to visit them!

The Hunger Games Explorer - Register for your new district ID passes and enter competitions for a chance to win some awesome prizes

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

The Capitol - The Official Government of Panem

Capitol Couture

Mockingjay.net - Your Source for Hunger Games Movie News

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 AM

I'm so excited. Like, I'm excited to the point where I'm trying to pry my Catching Fire book off of my boyfriend so I can reread. I really can't wait until November twenty-second. I just really want to see the movie now (even though I was excited about the first movie but was seriously disappointed with how it was made and know that I'll probably be setting myself up for disappointment once more...).

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 10-18-2013, 05:24 PM

I've already re-read the books and I absolutely cannot wait for its release. The new cast will be amazing, I'm sure of it :D
All movies are usually like that, but to be honest they can't fit every little detail from the book into the movie. I personally enjoyed the first movie but it's always a good idea to either read the books before, or in my case read the book after the movie. After I read the book, so many things made more sense to me.

I'm sure there are lots of menewshians that like The Hunger Games, please post and join in the discussion! :)
Who are your favorite characters from the Quarter Quell?

Rozenburg
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 PM

God the word excited is not enough to describe what I feel right now! I remember about a year ago when I got SO excited when I saw pictures of the filming if the movie. And now it is so close! How about we just throw a party.

_PuoNayda_
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Also excited. Saw the 1st movie & thought it was good. Hopefully the 2nd installment will also be good if not better.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 10-24-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenburg View Post
How about we just throw a party.
Yes please, a Capitol themed fancy dress party to celebrate!

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-10-2013, 07:06 PM

I can't wait, I can't wait!
It was so much more different and out there, then I expected it to be. Such a powerful storyline that just grabs you and holds on.
If anyone does have a Capitol themed party, I am definitely going to (try) and attend! I want to dress like Effie atleast once in my life.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 AM

Did you guys know that today is the World Premiere for Catching Fire? It's in London and I didn't win tickets to go :( but we can watch the live stream on Yahoo Movies :)

I can't wait to see the new cast, the new director seems really good ;D

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 PM

Just watched Catching Fire in the cinema... wow :'D what about you guys? have you watched the movie yet?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-28-2013, 12:12 AM

I saw it on Saturday, and wowza. Really raised my opinion of the series. There was too much focus on the "love triangle" but the political undertones were really well done, and that's the most important part.

Aganab
Butt

Old 11-28-2013, 06:53 AM

The Catching Fire movie was so good. I saw it a few days after it came out and it blew my mind. I'm a huge fan of the books, an I loved the first movie, but the second movie raised my love for the series. The acting was great, the soundtrack was amazing, and I could just kiss Francis Lawrence for his directing. Even though I kind of hated Mockingjay when I read it, I'm actually looking forward to the movie adaptation now since he's directing it.

Last edited by Seridano; 01-02-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganab View Post
The Catching Fire movie was so good. I saw it a few days after it came out and it blew my mind. I loved the first movie, but the second movie raised my love for the series. The acting was great, the soundtrack was amazing....
Oh so true! It was just amazing. It's hard to really describe just how awesome it was. The acting was what really blew me away though. Jennifer Lawrence is just perfect; she really knows how to slip into her roll and play the part.

Ugh, it was just awesome. I need to own this on Blu-Ray ASAP. :D

Also, I think I want to read the books... which is weird as I hate reading. XD

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2013, 06:28 PM

This movie was amazing. It's hands down the best movie adaptation of a book I've ever seen. Although..there was a couple scenes with Gale and Katniss that DIDN'T happen in the book that I wasn't too fond about. But other than that, wow that woman can act and so can all the others. I thought Finnick was perfect, Joanna...omg that elevator scene! Did you see Katniss' facial expression? I just about DIED!

But I just loved this movie and me being a crazy music major, I LOVED the orchestral soundtrack! The scene that I was particularly excited to see how intense it was was Peeta running into the force field. That scene was equally intense as the book. Christ. EVERYTHING was like the book! It made me actually read Mockingjay. I quit reading the book not even halfway through, but I gave it another chance because I was in such a Hunger Games mood and after I saw the movie the day before the release I was having Hunger Games withdraw and wanting to know what happened next...so those of you who try to read Mockinjay and set it down calling it boring, depressing or too slow, give it a chance! It's really the best book in the series. :)