Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 AM

Oh.... I see.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 02-20-2014, 12:57 AM

Did I over-inform again? Sorry! I like research I like knowing things and sharing things.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 12:58 AM

it ok dear. I like lots of information too.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Actually, Zinc is overdosable. And it inhibits copper absorption. So they recommend not taking over 40mg in supplements and taking copper supplements if you're taking a lot of zinc. I just cut the recommended lozenge dose in half (I took it three times a day rather than every three hours), because I didn't want to have to buy copper supplements. And Vitamin C's LD50 (lethal dose to half of the population) is nearly a kilo for a 150 pound human, which is an insane amount of Vitamin C. The ones that are highly overdosable are the fat soluble vitamins, not the water soluble ones.

Orange skin is usually caused by beta carotene, not vitamin C. So eating a lot of carrots will turn you orange.

---------- Post added 02-19-2014 at 06:54 PM ----------

I don't know whether to ping you to this or not, since you're currently on thread
But the rounds normally last until we get at least five answers (which has been 1-2 days), but this event thread, we only planned on two rounds because we weren't sure how many answers we were going to get in only seven days.
almost missed it actually. xD i just got my little one to sleep and i'm finally taking a break and sitting down at my computer. Getting some menewsha time in instead of getting on minecraft since no one is on right now that i play with.

but i'm also about to get dinner...

but that makes alot of sense. So you guys run this even outside of the events? :D awesomeness.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
almost missed it actually. xD i just got my little one to sleep and i'm finally taking a break and sitting down at my computer. Getting some menewsha time in instead of getting on minecraft since no one is on right now that i play with.

but that makes alot of sense. So you guys run this even outside of the events? :D awesomeness.
we started it a few days before the event, and we got to talking about running it here in the event so that we could get more in the main thread.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 AM

That's always a good way to get more people in :]

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 AM

that was the thought. we had started this game in RaK but did not get that many players so we moved it to the giveaway thread because of the gold we give out.

steelmagghia

Old 02-20-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea View Post
it ok dear. I like lots of information too.
Haha, well that's good. I love learning.
Quote:

You lead a busy life. I have no idea how people with kiddos keep up with anything. Dinner is good. And, I'll ping you to this, just in case. Shadami:
Yes, we just started this game thread. We're so excited!

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 AM

and we seem to have picked up some new people too.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
that was the thought. we had started this game in RaK but did not get that many players so we moved it to the giveaway thread because of the gold we give out.
i can't keep up with RAK anymore. xD haha
Quote:
Haha, well that's good. I love learning.

You lead a busy life. I have no idea how people with kiddos keep up with anything. Dinner is good. And, I'll ping you to this, just in case. Shadami:
Yes, we just started this game thread. We're so excited!
i'm actually putting the little one back to sleep again... i just got her out. was just about to get food... sigh. c'est la vie. except i'm cranky cause i'm hungry

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 AM

I talk on RaK mostly during the evenings here when it is a bit quiter.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:25 AM

I was going to say I think Zinc is one to be wary of, as you usually see warnings for that mineral...I think? or maybe I'm thinking of another vitamin. Gah...don't ask me. I'm very un-sciencey.

And I'm sure you could OD on any vitamin, just like you're saying the water soluble ones it's pretty damn hard to. Usually you'll just find you pee out some pretty fantastic neon yellow (hello vitamin B).

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:27 AM

you can OD on water.

steelmagghia

Old 02-20-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
and we seem to have picked up some new people too.
I know! I'm so excited!
Quote:
i can't keep up with RAK anymore. xD haha

i'm actually putting the little one back to sleep again... i just got her out. was just about to get food... sigh. c'est la vie. except i'm cranky cause i'm hungry
RAK moves so gosh darn fast, but I try to keep up still.
I get really cranky when I'm hungry too. But I'm hypoglycemic, so it's more bitchy than cranky.

---------- Post added 02-19-2014 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
I was going to say I think Zinc is one to be wary of, as you usually see warnings for that mineral...I think? or maybe I'm thinking of another vitamin. Gah...don't ask me. I'm very un-sciencey.

And I'm sure you could OD on any vitamin, just like you're saying the water soluble ones it's pretty damn hard to. Usually you'll just find you pee out some pretty fantastic neon yellow (hello vitamin B).
Haha, yeah. Minerals in general are good to be wary of them as most of them are minor nutrients. But, yeah, with the water solubles, you mostly just make really expensive urine.

Quote:
you can OD on water.
Yeppers peppers.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:33 AM

Quote:
I know! I'm so excited!

RAK moves so gosh darn fast, but I try to keep up still.
I get really cranky when I'm hungry too. But I'm hypoglycemic, so it's more bitchy than cranky.

Haha, yeah. Minerals in general are good to be wary of them as most of them are minor nutrients. But, yeah, with the water solubles, you mostly just make really expensive urine.

Yeppers peppers.
yeah.. bitchy is a good word for it. I'm just.. me? i've never had a diagnosis about it.

no idea what you're talking about. But iron is a big one to look out for. Some babies are sensitive to it, and that's what most formulas have so you have to use special kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post

steelmagghia

Old 02-20-2014, 01:36 AM

Lol, Shadami. If I don't eat very regularly and properly, I go through stages: first I get cranky, then antsy, then bitchy as all hell, then frantic, then I pass out. I tell people that I am my own Snickers commercial.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:40 AM

GAHHHHH Crashed computer.

steelmagghia

Old 02-20-2014, 01:41 AM

Awww, man. I've got to get going soon. Need to clean up the kitchen and take a shower. I work a full day tomorrow.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:41 AM

awww poor steel. you get good sleep when you go.

steelmagghia

Old 02-20-2014, 01:43 AM

Thanks hon!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:43 AM

let s see.... for me...

i get bitchy. "i'm huuuungry" type thing. Than whiny "i don't know what i want" , than get angry. than burst into tears. xD

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:44 AM

I not know if I do that. never checked on it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 AM

and than i sit all weak on the floor crying and whining until someone feeds me. hence why i can not skip meals.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 01:49 AM

best to keep food in system.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 AM

this is very true