demonchick
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-13-2014, 04:17 PM

I have been wondering, is everything on wattpad just what people write by themselves?? Is it like fan fiction? Or does any of it have hope of getting published one day? Anyways I have been reading this really funny story called big fat liar that is about this woman who is mistaken for a man by a cute guy. She ends up becoming best friends with him and the guy starts to think that he is gay because he begins to fall in love with the woman, that he thinks is a man. It is all together a funny story.

BrookeHaven

Old 06-17-2014, 07:29 PM

Wattpad is a pretty interesting place on the internet. It's all meant to be what people have written themselves. Unlike a lot of writing sites on the web it's not exclusively for or against fanfiction, so you'll find a lot of original stories and fanfic on the site, so long as they give proper credit to the author.
A lot of people hope to get published, most don't. A few authors I've followed, though, have gotten some pretty substantial book deals through site discovery. ~

Turtle Sensei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-17-2014, 04:47 AM

A lot of books on Wattpad have actually been published. And some are on there in hopes of getting enough fans to be published. And then there are fan fics too lol. I write poetry and short stories on there!

Avalone

Old 11-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Wattpad is a good site for looking for something to read. I find their publishing format easier to work with than some of the other e-sites out there. I have found a lot of the stories to be heavily formulaic and are often less beta-ed than other sites. I have found lots of fanfiction but also a lot of original fic and even some non-fiction stories.

HoneyButterbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2017, 02:55 AM

Sounds like an interesting place to check out.

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 01:35 PM

The only thing I can add is that I know of people whose fanfiction has been stolen from Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own and published on Wattpad without their consent. I've avoided the site for that reason and because the one time I did check it out, it looked a lot more complicated than other sites I've used.

Samofthedead
Send a message via AIM to Samofthedead Send a message via MSN to Samofthedead

Old 11-10-2018, 03:09 PM

A lot of the stories I have read on there are definitely not fanfiction, though there is a lot of it on there. One cool thing I saw on there was a person got permission from the story's original author to translate a book from Thai to English, so I was able to read the book of the Thai show I was watching.