yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2014, 06:03 PM

hai gaiz :D so most of you have probably already seen (and used?) that extra theme Menewsha Style (dev). We'll be pushing the changes from that theme to our regular themes, so it would help if ppl could switch to that theme for a little while and let us know if you see any bork, particularly in the header and footer areas.

header = area from top of the page down to the dashboard (blue line thinger with links)
footer = area from the copyright bits to the bottom of the page

Also, we are not responsible for anything that happens to you while using the dev theme, nothing serious like accounts 'sploding will happen, but panties will be stolen, foods will go missing, etc etc

edit:
oh and there will be reward: anyone who finds bork (that we did not catch) can choose to be changed into any creature or item they want. they will be changed back when i remember to change them back :D
dis ^ is on hold for now, fixing a bunch of stuff atm, and when i fix one thing, it breaks 1million other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanyan13 View Post
to lessen teh confuzzles, what we're looking for is stuff like the avatar being out of its normal position, ie. instead of at the header, it mysteriously flew to the bottom left of the page; or links being screwy in position, ie. instead of floating on the right, they decided to live different lives and scatter all over the page; or stuff overlapping other stuff

there could also be layout differences due to browsers like Kat mentioned re: safari

also, note that there WILL be subtle differences on IE, like a few pixels being off, I don't consider those layout bugs; but please do report them if you think the difference is too noticeable/ugleh

also also, other pages might have bork in them, ie. user control panel (my account link), contribution items shop, marketplace, etc
Quote:
done borking today, keep in mind i haven't checked most of the layouts yet so bork hunting is off for now, there will be bork most likely on:

- some forums/subforums
- on internet exploder, the forum boxes could be screwy there, i havent checked yet

@chexala - yeah atm that's the only solution i could think of, lol

remember, if you see layout bork, try refreshing first; if that doesn't work, clear your browser cache (only clear cached images and files, no need to clear the other stuff)

and one more thing, users who resize their browsers/use tablets should notice that the bork in the body of the page is gone now, i'm working on getting the site to be responsive (so if you resize or use a screen smaller than 1000pixels in width, the layout wouldnt explode)

have a good weekend all, remember, donate all your panteis to me.
known issues:
- content box is bork when browser is resized, first caught by Kat, screenie by wishie http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1772950638
- big spacing on the main menu (home, etc) http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1772950638

---

previewing upcoming changes:

You need to view the site using Menewsha Dev Style, just scroll to the bottom of the page and pick the style from the dropdown.

Last edited by yanyan13; 04-30-2017 at 04:20 PM..

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:12 PM

I just went through everything that I could click on and play with... Looks pretty good. :D I think I'm switching to this style permanently one way or another. Looks good, but I'll keep my eyes out for anything screwy.

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 PM

ty, the header section will have some more tweaks done to it in the next few days, so <3 if you could keep your eyes open for bork :)

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 PM

It's going to be TWERKING ?!

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-08-2014, 06:24 PM

I see no bork yet....

and I have no panties on to be stolen. So what happens then?

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
ty, the header section will have some more tweaks done to it in the next few days, so <3 if you could keep your eyes open for bork :)
-salute- Will do! I'll let you know if I see anything!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM

The 'reward' is making me hoping for borks and errors!

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM

This theme is cool. I like it.

And I don't wear panties(I'ma guy and dat ain't muh fetish) so...what does that mean if they attempt to get stolen? Does the world explode?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Umm... would it be a bork that absolutely nothing changed on my side?
It looks exactly like the default always has as far as I can tell

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Selecting the dev layout doesn't change anything?

For me the background color is the same, but the avatar displayed at the top is now in a round circle and the gold and Mennies display are in larger text.

There's also a line at the very top that says,

Quote:
You are viewing Menewsha Dev style, there will be bork, and/or yan may steal your panties while you use this theme.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Selecting the dev layout doesn't change anything?

For me the background color is the same, but the avatar displayed at the top is now in a round circle and the gold and Mennies display are in larger text.

There's also a line at the very top that says,

That's what mine is as well.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Oh wait... Dur I feel stupid... I switched to default thinking the changes were being switched over

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Oh wait... Dur I feel stupid... I switched to default thinking the changes were being switched over
Don't worry, I think my sleepy derp is starting to effect everyone.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Oh.

So far everything seems to be working with no problems for me, I haven't seen anything out of place.

APBCole

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM

Though, is my avi in the circle supposed to be off center?

Because it's kind of not utilizing the full circle and looks a little weird because of it.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
Though, is my avi in the circle supposed to be off center?

Because it's kind of not utilizing the full circle and looks a little weird because of it.
How far off center does it look to you? It looks fine to me, but It could be how tired I am.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:54 PM

I am loving the style of the dev one.
Um, I haven't noticed bork yet, but that could be because I'M NEVER ON WHEN IT HAPPENS

//ugly sobs

Last edited by Pistachio_Moustache; 10-08-2014 at 07:13 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:55 PM

I'm right in the middle of the circle, so it looks fine to me...is it possible it's because you're using the flipped version of the avatars? Maybe flipping the direction of where your avatar's facing will make it centered?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 PM

HIM doens't have a circle for the avatar to be in D8

It's just floating there because Mene hates IE

APBCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaraKitsune View Post
How far off center does it look to you? It looks fine to me, but It could be how tired I am.
Well it's off center to the right where the hair of my avi is a little past the edge.

The left side has like a decently sized blue gap because of it.

@Antagonist: Then it's bugged then and it needs fixed.

Must apply to the direction i'm facing. So it's definitely a bug.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I'm right in the middle of the circle, so it looks fine to me...is it possible it's because you're using the flipped version of the avatars? Maybe flipping the direction of where your avatar's facing will make it centered?
I just flipped my avatar to look at it, and that makes it horribly off center. That's a nice catch on his part. :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:58 PM

Ah, I wonder if there's a way of centering the avi for the circle with flipped avatars. @@

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Good question. I don't see anything after just checking again, but that doesn't mean there isn't.

APBCole

Old 10-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Good eyes is what I have.

Film peoples like me are really good at catching these little details. It's even easier when it's not something that is moving.

@Kis: Probably isn't. Might have to do with the code for the avi placement and thus it's fixable by whoever has access to the code for the layout. So it shouldn't be hard for them to fix but we can't do anything about it.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Yeah...maybe some kind of coding, I dunno? *sucks at coding*