star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 01-29-2015, 02:10 PM

Hi, I decided to make my own Literature Journal on Mene. a place where i can put Story Peices of characters and such that are original's for me. I would ask that you please don't post in this thread, if you want to comment on what I've written feel free to drop me a PM or something. thank you.

(This will also have plot background research, characterization ideas and all other infromation used in creating and writing a novel / short story / book type anything)

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 03:52 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM

Disclaimer

All of my characters are.. odd, i tend to make them all have magic in one form or another. so i might look up stuff, story information and such and place it here, and if this is the wrong thread for this i do ask that my journal get moved to which ever thread is out there because i couldn't find one for something like this or didn't look hard enough. take your pick.

Also the only person who can post in this thread, or i would LIKE to be the only othe rperson is the person who's helped me create most of these characters through RPG: MistressLeopard: as she's played with them with me for a very long time now.

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 02:27 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 02:21 PM

Character section:

I'm goign to list my characters here, and TRY and post the links to the character's posts that i make in this thread.:

Nick Akasha

Dusk

Raven Akasha (Male version)

Raven Akasha (Female Version)

Honey

World building information:

Non human society's:

Dominant and Submissives: ( created with the help of MistressLeopard)

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-30-2015 at 02:28 AM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 02:34 PM

General Information and other odds and ends needed for a story:

Research Notes:

MPD (now known as DID)

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 05:09 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM

Some aspects i like to use in my writing:

Dissociative identity disorder

Quoted from Wikipedia

Quote:

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a mental disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person's behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness. These symptoms are not accounted for by substance abuse, seizures, other medical conditions, nor by imaginative play in children. Diagnosis is often difficult as there is considerable comorbidity with other mental disorders.

Malingering should be considered if there is possible financial or forensic gain, as well as factitious disorder if help-seeking behavior is prominent.
Comorbidity : Wikipedia

Quote:

In medicine, comorbidity is the presence of one or more additional disorders (or diseases) co-occurring with a primary disease or disorder; or the effect of such additional disorders or diseases. The additional disorder may also be a behavioral or mental disorder.

In medicine, the term "comorbid" can be either medical condition(s) existing simultaneously but independently with another condition; or it can indicate a related medical condition or conditions. In psychiatric diagnoses it has been argued in part that this "'use of imprecise language may lead to correspondingly imprecise thinking', [and] this usage of the term 'comorbidity' should probably be avoided."
Malingering: Wikipedia

Quote:

In medicine, malingering is fabricating or exaggerating the symptoms of mental or physical disorders for a variety of "secondary gain" motives, which may include financial compensation (often tied to fraud); avoiding school, work or military service; obtaining drugs; getting lighter criminal sentences; or simply to attract attention or sympathy. Malingering is different from somatization disorder and factitious disorder. Failure to detect actual cases of malingering imposes a substantial economic burden on the health care system, and false attribution of malingering imposes a substantial burden of suffering on a significant proportion of the patient population.

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) Continued:

Definitions: Dissociative Identity Disorder

Quote:

Dissociation, the term that underlies the dissociative disorders including DID, lacks a precise, empirical and generally agreed upon definition. A large number of diverse experiences have been termed dissociative, ranging from normal failures in attention to the breakdowns in memory processes characterized by the dissociative disorders. Thus it is unknown if there is a common root underlying all dissociative experiences, or if the range of mild to severe symptoms are a result of different etiologies and biological structures. Other terms used in the literature, including personality, personality state, identity, ego state and amnesia, also have no agreed upon definitions. Multiple competing models exist that incorporate some non-dissociative symptoms while excluding dissociative ones. The most widely used model of dissociation conceptualizes DID as at one extreme of a continuum of dissociation, with flow at the other end, though this model is being challenged.

Some terms have been proposed regarding dissociation. Psychiatrist Paulette Gillig draws a distinction between an "ego state" (behaviors and experiences possessing permeable boundaries with other such states but united by a common sense of self) and the term "alters" (each of which may have a separate autobiographical memory, independent initiative and a sense of ownership over individual behavior) commonly used in discussions of DID.
Dissociation (psychology): wikipedia

Quote:

In psychology, the term dissociation describes a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from physical and emotional experience. The major characteristic of all dissociative phenomena involves a detachment from reality, rather than a loss of reality as in psychosis. Dissociative experiences are further characterized by the varied maladaptive mental constructions of an individual's natural imaginative capacity
Dissociative identity disorder (DID) Continued:

Signs and symptoms

Quote:

According to the fifth Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), DID includes "the presence of two or more distinct identities or personality states" that alternate control of the individual's behavior, accompanied by the inability to recall personal information beyond what is expected through normal forgetfulness. In each individual, the clinical presentation varies and the level of functioning can change from severely impaired to adequate. The symptoms of dissociative amnesia, dissociative fugue and depersonalization disorder are subsumed under the DID diagnosis and are not diagnosed separately. Individuals with DID may experience distress from both the symptoms of DID (intrusive thoughts or emotions) as well as the consequences of the accompanying symptoms (dissociation rendering them unable to remember specific information).
dissociative amnesia: Wikipedia

Quote:

Psychogenic amnesia, or dissociative amnesia, is a memory disorder characterized by sudden retrograde autobiographical memory loss, said to occur for a period of time ranging from hours to years.
Memory disorder: wikipedia

Quote:

Memory disorder is the result of damage to neuroanatomical structures that hinders the storage, retention and recollection of memories. Memory disorders can be progressive, including Alzheimer's disease, or they can be immediate including disorders resulting from head injury.
Psychogenic amnesia: Wikipedia

Quote:

Psychogenic amnesia, or dissociative amnesia, is a memory disorder characterized by sudden retrograde autobiographical memory loss, said to occur for a period of time ranging from hours to years. More recently, "dissociative amnesia" has been defined as a dissociative disorder "characterized by retrospectively reported memory gaps. These gaps involve an inability to recall personal information, usually of a traumatic or stressful nature." In a change from the DSM-IV to the DSM-5, dissociative fugue is now subsumed under dissociative amnesia. The atypical clinical syndrome of the memory disorder (as opposed to organic amnesia) is that a person with psychogenic amnesia is profoundly unable to remember personal information about themselves; there is a lack of conscious self-knowledge which affects even simple self-knowledge, such as who they are. Psychogenic amnesia is distinguished from organic amnesia in that it is supposed to result from a nonorganic cause; no structural brain damage or brain lesion should be evident but some form of psychological stress should precipitate the amnesia,however psychogenic amnesia as a memory disorder is controversial.
Dissociative disorder (Described in fallowing post: Link to post in thread)

Autobiographical memory: Wikipedia

Quote:

Autobiographical memory is a memory system consisting of episodes recollected from an individual's life, based on a combination of episodic (personal experiences and specific objects, people and events experienced at particular time and place) and semantic (general knowledge and facts about the world) memory.
dissociative fugue:(Fugue state) Wikipedia

Quote:

Dissociative fugue, formally fugue state or psychogenic fugue is a DSM-IV Dissociative Disorder. It is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality. The state is usually short-lived (ranging from hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity.

After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return intact, but there is typically amnesia for the fugue episode. Additionally, an episode of fugue is not characterized as attributable to a psychiatric disorder f it can be related to the ingestion of psychotropic substances, to physical trauma, to a general medical condition, or to other psychiatric conditions such as dissociative identity disorder, delirium,or dementia. Fugues are usually precipitated by a stressful episode, and upon recovery there may be amnesia for the original stressor (dissociative amnesia).

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 04:50 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Dissociative disorder

Wikipidea

Quote:

Dissociative disorders (DD) are conditions that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity, or perception. People with dissociative disorders use dissociation, a defense mechanism, pathologically and involuntarily. Dissociative disorders are thought to primarily be caused by psychological trauma.

The dissociative disorders listed in the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-5 are as follows:
  • Dissociative identity disorder (formerly multiple personality disorder): the alternation of two or more distinct personality states with impaired recall among personality states. In extreme cases, the host personality is unaware of the other, alternating personalities; however, the alternate personalities are aware of all the existing personalities. This category now includes the old derealization disorder category.
  • Dissociative amnesia (formerly psychogenic amnesia): the temporary loss of recall memory, specifically episodic memory, due to a traumatic or stressful event. It is considered the most common dissociative disorder amongst those documented. This disorder can occur abruptly or gradually and may last minutes to years depending on the severity of the trauma and the patient. Dissociative fugue (formerly psychogenic fugue) is now subsumed under the Dissociative amnesia category. It is described as reversible amnesia for personal identity, usually involving unplanned travel or wandering, sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity. This state is typically associated with stressful life circumstances and can be short or lengthy.
  • Depersonalization disorder: periods of detachment from self or surrounding which may be experienced as "unreal" (lacking in control of or "outside of" self) while retaining awareness that this is only a feeling and not a reality.
  • The old category of dissociative disorder not otherwise specified is now split into two: Other specified dissociative disorder, and unspecified dissociative disorder. These categories are used for forms of pathological dissociation that do not fully meet the criteria of the other specified dissociative disorders, or if the correct category has not been determined.

Both dissociative amnesia and dissociative fugue usually emerge in adulthood and rarely occur after the age of 50. The ICD-10 classifies conversion disorder as a dissociative disorder while the DSM-IV classifies it as a somatoform disorder.

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 05:06 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 05:07 PM

Nick Akasha: (Sectional Links)
This is where I'll be linking to all the post of information and or story items I've done for this character just click them to jump to the section in question though the first one will be right after this box.)

Post 1

Post 2

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-29-2015 at 05:12 PM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 PM

Nick Akasha:

Nick Akasha wasn't Human, had never been human.
He was from a time well before Society had rules, back when fight's between Dominants and submissives, the breeding pair of a non human race, could and did level mountains.

Back when human's still lived in caves and considered Lice a nummy treat. His kind had been children of magic, of strength and instinct. standing at Five foot even with blue black hair and silver gray eyes, nick akasha had flared hips and a feminine bent. though he was flat chested and very much male, his kind could become pregnant. and where family oriented.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-30-2015, 02:28 AM

Honey's Link Section

Post 1

Post 2

Last edited by star2000shadow; 01-30-2015 at 02:35 AM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-30-2015, 02:35 AM

Honey:

Honey is a submissive. she has Honey colored hair and amber eyes. she is also the sweetest character i have ever created. she all but POURS off Innocence like a layer of light that surrounds her. and she's the one i have the most fun with in RP's with friends.

it's hard to find images for her as i've made her so specific yeah know? She's polite, gentle spirited, and loving, her greatest wish is to have a Mate/Husband. she also reminds one of a doll in her looks with a button nose. cupid bow lips, the lower a bit fuller then the upper one. and large eyes. her hair flows down her back to her waist in a wave of honeyed locks.