Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-04-2015, 05:26 AM

Name: Keone
Species: Mermaid- leafy sea dragon inspired
Appearance: Young looking. She is pale with a compact body, not exceptionally thin or curvy. She falls in a middle ground. Her hair is long and brownish, but in the sunlight it can take on a fiery gold appearance. Some of the leafy 'foliage' twines through it and continues down along her body. All over her in elegant arcs are the leafs, all greenish-brown and red toned in color. Her eyes are dark, nearly black and her skin is a bluish-peach color with a darker, red tinted tail. Her tail is long and similar to that of a typical mercreature, but it does not end in the dolphin like flukes. Instead, a translucent fin follows along the bottom half of the tail that ends in a point with the large wavering fin on the end. Fins also sit above her elbows and along her spine. She uses these and the motions of her body to swim. Like a seadragon, she has a mild ability to change color for camouflage and with her stress level. Wears some kind of top created from kelp woven together.
(And one day there will be art to illustrate this.)
Personality: She's quiet, but strong by nature. She's gone a long time without speaking to others and enjoys her solitude in a sort of eccentric loner sort of way. She's overly interested in the world and curious. Anything new will get her go come closer, even if while hiding behind a kelp plant.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-11-2015 at 05:15 PM..

Zephi
Summer love

Old 04-06-2015, 05:05 PM

Name: Ipo
Species: Half water dragon/ Half fish god
Appearance: Covered in light blue-green scales he looks more like a water snake than a dragon or a fish god. Ipo has two front limbs that end in webbed claws. His head is in the shape of a dragon with green-brown hair that is sea-weed coming out of the top of his head by his brow and going to where his shoulders would be. He doesn't have control of his hair, it moves with the water around him. Where his hair ends a a small row of spikes. He has large green-blue eyes and a dark area underneath them that only makes them look bigger. Small ears that resemble fins stick out of his seaweed hair. His gills start just under his jaw line. There is a stripe that runs from his last gill down the length of his body. His body is long and thin like a snake, the only thing that makes him not look like a snake besides his arms would be his huge tail fin. It starts about 2/3 of the way down his body. His tail fin is the biggest part of his body and it extends about two feet past the tip of his body tail. It's like a large fish tail but because of it's size, Ipo is able to swim very quickly. He carries a small three pronged spear with him sometimes. His father Ikatere, gave it to his mother to give to him when he came of age and left the dragon nest. (I have his picture drawn out, I should color it and post it)
Personality: Ipo is curious about the world around him, and it was this reason that he began traveling as soon as he left his nest. He likes to meet new people and can be overly friendly sometimes, almost to the point that he can be annoying. He finds that he's more interested in the world under the sea than the world above it. Ipo has never been fond of the creatures that reside above the sea. Even though he's half fish god, he doesn't have any special abilities apart from swimming extremely well.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Underneath the water, sunlight filtered down, creating greens, golds, and shadows. The shallow waters writhed with energy as the kelp swayed in the currents. Small fish darted around, feeling safe in the dense foliage that they called their home. Beyond the shallow waters though, the ocean dropped off into a darkness as wide and vast as the world. Keone's mother told her never to go into those waters, but it had been many years since they drifted off with the currents. In the time that passed since then, she found herself expanding the territory she swam in, bit by bit. She didn't know what else to do with no one to speak to but the fish who didn't speak back.

A pacific blue eye darted around the leafy shaped lobes of flesh that grew along her body. Keone's fins fluttered along her arms as she shifted away from the school that tried to use her like the kelp beds. Although she blended well within her environment, she was no kelp plant. Her leaves were no leaves and a flick of her tail sent the fish scurrying away to a safer home. She must have been sitting still for too long to get mistaken for a plant. The mermaid girl stretched out her body and propelled herself forward. Although she moved at a slow pace compared to some fish, her every arc of the body moved her elegantly and efficiently through the water.

She was about to swim to the surface for a breath of fresh air when something caught her attention. A glint of blue deep in the black waters? Keone froze as she stared after the glint. She'd lost it by then, but she did not lose her interest. Deciding that she had enough air to investigate the glint first, Keone turned to the deep waters. She swam far out into those deep waters, looking only a little hesitant to be in such open water.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-12-2015 at 04:33 AM..

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-04-2015, 01:40 AM

Ipo held his spear in his left hand and continued stuffing his face with the leafy kelp all around him. The mermaid had swam within a few feet of him but seemed so distracted by the fish around her that she didn't notice him. It was for the better, he assured himself. Meeting new merpeople always made him nervous and he would usually end up doing something that scared them away.

Since he migrated from his former home, off the coast of an island chain, he had run into seven merpeople and had effectively scared off seven merpeople. He wasn't sure if it was the way that he spoke to them, the way that he moved and seemed to appear or if it was the spear that he always carried. Since the spear was the only thing that he had ever received from his supposed father, so he figured that he would keep it close. Not that he'd ever use it on a fish or other water dweller, but he likes to keep it around incase he ever ran into one of those land things.

He shuddered and watched the merperson swim towards the darkened water wondering what it was that made her go that way. He wanted to follow after her but decided to move to the edge of the kelp bed and call it good enough for now.

Wait! He shook his head and stopped. Am I being creepy again!? Maybe I shouldn't follow at all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 AM

As a creature adapted to the shallow waters, Keone couldn't see well deeper in the ocean waters. At least her leafy appendages helped her feel her way along, though she doubted that they were meant to be used in such a way. Most of her kind were not inclined to wander where they couldn't see after all. She shifted through a school of fish before she grabbed hold of a kelp plant to keep herself from drifting.

Nothing seemed to be near her. Strange since she could have sworn she saw something like the glint of an eye or light reflecting distantly off scales or metal. She knew the fish in this area though and they didn't make a glint like that. Nothing new ever drifted in either. As Keone ran her hand over the kelp plant, she realized it had been torn up as if for food and she squinted at it. She could definitely see its outline and something large had been munching on it. Who?

Keone instantly flashed into the kelp shelter, burying herself in the camoflague of the plant she resembled. From deep in it's depths, she peered out. "Hello? Is anyone one else here?" Her curiosity wouldn't let her retreat all the way even if she felt fear at this unknown.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-04-2015, 02:26 AM

Ipo froze mid chew. She had to be talking to him. Apart from him, he hadn't noticed any other large creatures around that would be able to answer her with more than a flip of their tail or a puff of ink. He had to say something but, what?

He remembered his spear and put it slowly behind his back and rolled it along his body until his tail fin could coil around it and keep it out of sight. Not wanting to scare the merperson any more than might have been already, he slowly rose up from the kelp. Though his hair blended with the foliage, his head and eyes did not.

"Hello." He said, trying not to sound too excited while at the same time, not too bored with the whole situation and at the same time he swallowed his mouthful of kelp with a loud gulp. Though he did meet seven merpeople, that was over a two year span. This could be his best bet at making friends with anyone. "Sorry that I didn't say anything before. I was scared that I might swim off if you saw me so I thought I would just watch you for a little while and see what you were doing. NOT THAT I WAS TRYING TO BE CREEPY! Oh my gosh I need to learn when to be quiet. Carp! Stop talking already."

Ipo rapped his knuckles on his head. Stupid! Shut up already!

"I swam here a little while ago so I don't really know anyone yet and I have a spear so please don't be scared of that because I would never hurt anyone with it. It's only for protection and not for hunting or anything like that." His voice trailed off. He had undoubtedly said too much once again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 PM

Keone startled when something materialized out of the kelp and for sure now she saw eyes. Her eyes had adjusted some and this close, she could see shapes well enough. This one was...not human, not fish, but also not like the merpeople she knew in her warm patch of waters.

As the other creature started to talk, she blinked her eyes multiple times in confusion, the clear film akin to that of most underwater creatures though she had fleshy lids for above water seeing too. So he wasn't from around here? Obviously since he didn't seem to know much about this area. Without much hesitation, she darted out of her hiding and swam toward him to get a better look. "Really? I'm so glad something was there? I swam out looking even though I shouldn't."

She dropped down behind him and touched the spear, trying to inspect it like the strange curiosity it was. It lost her interest quickly though and she moved to lifting a seaweed like strand of his hair. "This is awful strange. What sort of plant do you look like? And you really must be from far away. There aren't any people here to meet besides me."

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Ipo sighed in relief. The merperson didn't swim away right off and even more surprising than that was that she came closer to him. He tried not to move around too much so she could look at him. He really must look strange to her. Ha! Who was he kidding. He'd look strange to anyone. His own mother would have stayed away from him if, well, if she wasn't his own mother. He didn't really look anything like her.

"I don't really think that I look like a plant, apart from my hair that kind of looks like sea weed but I don't have very much of it so it doesn't give me camouflage, not like you. You're incredible. You're definitely a merperson, I can tell, but you're not any kind of merperson I've ever seen before. The ones from where I lived were a lot more, how can I put this kindly, boring? Well, I guess maybe that's just compared to me and to my mom."

Ipo turned to look at her. He took his spear into his left hand again and asked her, "So if you're the only one here, why are you here?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-05-2015, 11:58 PM

"Not a plant? An animal then? Are you a merperson? I can't really tell," she asked each question one after the other as she came to settle in front of the other. "What should I call you?"

Keone felt herself go warm when this stranger called her incredible. She didn't think she'd ever heard that before, but then, everyone she talked to before was just like her. What was impressive about that. She certainly thought this stranger was just as impressive though, very...unique. She flittered a bit, her green and grown coloration shifting to just a shade warmer in color. "Well, just about every creature is quite interesting looking here," she said to push the attention away from herself. "I've never seen anything like you before."

After a second, her coloring calmed and she she turned to look up at the shallower waters, warm with sunlight and brightly colored plants. "Here is home. Why are you here?"

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-13-2015, 10:14 PM

"Uh, well," Ipo rubbed his chin. "It's actually a little bit complicated as to what I am, really. It's a long story, but then again, not so long if you want the abridged version." He laughed and did a back flip. "As to what to call me, you could call me by my name. It's Ipo. Nice to meet you, uh, what is your name by the way?" He tilted his head and slowly moved around the merperson inspecting her. "And, do you call these leaves or grass or something else? Whatever it is, it's so cool and sorry to say but you look a little yummy." He laughed nervously.

"I guess the rest of the animals here are interesting. I personally like the sea turtles best. They are so calm, most of the time." He looked off into the distance but there were no sea turtles around right now. In fact, most of the other fish were making a large circle around the two of them. Or maybe it was just him since he would be the more odd one here.

"I guess here is home for me right now. I went against the tides, weird I know, and I ended up here. I've been looking for something, someone rather and haven't had much luck in tracking them down so I just drift." He flicked his tail and went left a little and then flicked the other direction and moved to the right. "Mostly, I've been trying to find a place where those land things won't bother me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 10:33 PM

Keone watched with wide eyes as Ipo do a flip. Easy enough for most creatures, but her own body didn't lend itself to the move all that much. She giggled and introduced herself back. "I'm Keone. It's nice to meet you Ipo." Spinning a bit, she tried to follow his gaze as he looked at her. Letting out a small noise, she grabbed hold of some of the leafy shaped lobes that fluttered around her. "It's not plant at all! Please, it's a part of me and not for eating!" she exclaimed. "There are a lot of creatures here who use the kelp as natural camouflage."

For a while, she floated still, deep in contemplation. Ipo made her curious. Almost everything made her curious, but Ipo did in a more tangible way because he spoke and had stories and she really badly wanted to know those stories. "You know, people like us have nothing more than time so I'd love to hear your story. There's someone you're looking for?"

She turned her head up to look at the water's surface that showed as little more than a glow up above. This reminded her that she needed to go up for air soon. "Oh yes, the land people. The drove the merpeople away from here mostly, but I think they drove themselves away from here too. Come with me to the surface. I'll show you," she said before flicking her tail to journey upward.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-13-2015, 10:46 PM

"Don't worry I won't eat you, but that doesn't change the fact that your camouflage is very good. So it's just like, scales on a fish? Just another part of you. That's interesting. My mom kind of has these... not exactly kelp like things, more like fur on her? It's another thing that might be a little hard to put in words. Much easier if you had just seen her, but she lives very far away and doesn't go out very often." Ipo frowned a little. He blamed the land walkers for all of her troubles, and his.

He tilted his head and gave a half smile, "I can tell that you're interested," he chuckled but then looked from side to side searching and thinking of where to explain. How could she possibly understand? Would she really believe him? "I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place. It's really my own journey so it's kind of rude of me to try to make myself sound more interesting by hinting about it. I shouldn't have said anything, I think." His voice trailed off and he sighed.

Dang it! Here I have a viable merperson to talk to and I get shy for the first time in my life. What gives? "I'm looking for my dad, or for any sign of him really," he quickly blurted out. "He's not, how can I put this, normal? Not like you couldn't tell."

"Th-the surface? Are you sure it's safe or is this some kind of trap?" He looked around nervously half expecting to see big nets coming towards him. "I'm usually up for anything but, the surface makes me nervous." He held his spear tighter and drifted back into the kelp watching her swim upwards. He paused there and clenched his jaw before bolting from the kelp and shooting up beside her in the open waters.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-14-2015, 01:35 AM

Keone swam in her own peculiar, slow way, the fins along her body fluttering against the water. "Like scales on a fish? Yes, I suppose a bit. My species takes after the sea dragon that is so famous in these waters. It's all just skin though." She pondered as she swam. Fish came close to her a few times and for the most part, she let the creatures flit around her. Fur wasn't something all the common on aquatic creatures around here and she was quiet, just trying to imagine what that might look like.

The glow of the above world got much stronger and after another minute, Keone broke through the surface. She took a large, gasping breath before she blinked the fleshy lids of her eyes and got herself situated. The land lay a good half mile out from where she came to the surface and she waited for Ipo to surface next to her before pointing to it.

"See, it's quiet today. There's not even a single boat. I've seen a few before, but it's been many moons." She chuckled a bit at his wariness. "Don't worry, I've lived here all my life. I won't just lead you into danger. My parents were always so tight with their rules, but don't you feel the least bit curious about them?"

After treading in the water a bit, she decided to return to what Ipo said before. "Your father?"

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-14-2015, 02:05 AM

Ipo held his breath above water. He didn't like going up here. Not only for the fact that the land walkers were up here but also because he had to hold his breath. Since he didn't do it often he couldn't really hold it that long before he went back under for some fresh air. "Still, they are too close for my liking."

He swam around Keone as she took in the sights above water. As long as she was sure that it was safe, she was the native to this area. She should know if it was dangerous or not. He took a deep breath and poked his head above the water again. The land was a little ways off into the distance but he could see that it was there, and there were no boats around as she had pointed out. He ducked back under the water and waited for Keone.

"My father is a bit of an enigma, and has been proving nearly impossible to find. Not saying that I won't find him, but I haven't found any traces of him being anywhere that I have been yet." He shook his head lightly, "I have never seen him in the scales but my mom said that he can shape shift because he's a fish god. His normal form is a mystery but he presented himself as a water dragon to my mother. He left before I was born. Water dragons have live young, if you didn't know." He smiled and swam in a quick circle. "Anyway, he's been on the run, hiding from his uncle who has been trying to capture and kill him. I don't know why his uncle wanted to start a war but I don't really care to be honest. I'd just like to find and meet my father. After spending over 57 moons with only my mother for company, I'd like to learn more about my father and his world. It's a big mystery. So I've been searching the oceans for a while and haven't heard anything about him, but then again most fish and merpeople swim away as soon as they see me."

Ipo sighed and swam back down to the kelp bed in a slightly more sour mood than before. He weaved into the kelp and laid on the ocean floor, crossing his arms and resting his chin on them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2015, 06:53 PM

Keone supposed that humans and merpeople always had to have some kind of symbiotic relationship in these shallow waters, even if they rarely interacted directly and most humans didn't know of the existence of the merfolk. But she had to breathe air. There was no avoiding the above world entirely. After a minute of staring at the land with a mix of fear and wonder, she ducked back into the water where Ipo had been lurking.

"A fish god?" she asked in confusion. Of course her people had stories and legends and Keone was the sort of child to curl in her kelp bed, never sleeping until she got a story. When the elders of the family decided it was time to share their vast knowledge, you could be sure that Keone wouldn't be far behind. "I wonder if I know this story."

Her own curiosity and good mood at the idea of a mystery didn't seem to apply to Ipo though. She frowned before diving deeper into the water after him. It took her longer to reach the ocean bottom and honestly, it was deeper than she liked to go. She wouldn't leave Ipo alone though. She dropped down in front of him and gave him a little poke. "So you've been searching a long time? Hey, if it's fine, why don't I help you look? I don't have much to do or anyone to be with. Everyone has already left me after all." Honestly, it just sounded a little fun.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-16-2015, 12:00 AM

Ipo studied the merperson. She seemed like she wanted to help, that or she was bored. Could be a combination of the two. "Well, it's not like I have much to go on really. Sometimes I wonder why I bothered leaving home to look for him in the first place, you know? Mom said his reasons for leaving had to do with staying alive and he had promised that he'd be back one day, when it was safe, but who knows when the heck that would ever be. With those land walkers up there, putting all their waste into our water. I don't think it'd be safe until they are gone but my father has other troubles like his uncle. I don't really know much about his either." He stopped. "Sometimes I think my mom mated with him the first day they met, because of the complete lack of dragons around." He laughed but he was a little serious.

It was annoying, not knowing much of anything about the other half of your family. The only thing to go on were stories and who how much of those stories were actually true.

"I've just been looking for anything that would be odd or stand out since I don't have anything else to really go on. Maybe shape-shifting gods are rainbow colored or have magical scales or... something." He looked at Keone who looked a bit uncomfortable. "An enigma... Are you okay? You look nervous or something."

He looked around. It was a lot quieter on the bottom in the wavy sands. The tides created some beautiful designs down here and Ipo had always thought that it looked like art. A pair of eyes belonging to a stingray watched them from it's partially covered position. Ipo smiled and nodded and the ray dashed off.

"Do I look that scary?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 01:11 AM

Keone couldn't tell if Ipo was serious or joking when he talked about his parents, but she laughed just a little to cover both bases. She honestly thought it was fascinating, but in a foreign way, like stories. She couldn't imagine herself in such a situation. Ipo was the first male, sentient creature she'd found in a long time, but she didn't much feel like fraternizing with him. Was that normal? She shook her head at her thoughts, sending the long strands of her hair waving around her head.

The mention of stories had her spinning around Ipo in a show of excitement. "Rainbow scales? I've heard stories like that! And of two headed fish and an eel as long as the kelp here that ate a kelp plant. The whole, long stalk of it! And from that, the sea dragons were born. But Gods, that was all hush-hush talk." She paused, realizing Ipo had gotten distracted and really, that she had as well.

"What? I'm okay." It made her pause that he even asked. Was there something she did to make him ask? She looked back to the water's surface and figured that must be it. "Don't worry, my kind just favors the shallow waters. But I can swim wherever I want even if it takes a while." Keone flitted over to the stingray and coaxed him out from his hiding place in the sand to rub a hand along its under belly.

"No, you're not any scarier looking than this guy. I don't think. Anyway, I've heard a lot of stories before, but I think they might all be just that. If you want to find your father, maybe you should ask someone a lot older than I am for some help."

Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 AM

Ipo flicked his tail lightly and drifted towards Keone. Her kelp hair was amazing. He was sure that he'd never seen a merperson like that. And she simply pet the stingray like it was nothing. He stopped a few feet away from her and the ray and watched quietly. Maybe he should try to look a little more friendly but he couldn't help it that he looked like a predator. He wiggled anxiously wishing that he could convey to other ocean creatures that he was a herbivore.

"Why was speaking about the gods hush-hush? Maybe the rainbow scale stories are about gods? I feel like you would know a lot more about the subject that I do but where could I find someone older? My mom was nearing 732 years old when I left and even she didn't know much about gods, or she just didn't tell me."

Bending to scoop up some sand in his right finned-hand he slowly let it run over his webbing and disperse. It was so silky and fine that it felt soft. He had grown accustomed to sleeping on the soft sand in this area. "I didn't think about that. It was more of a habit to dive for the deeper parts. We can go back to the kelp if it makes you feel more comfortable and I'd like to hear more about your people, or the older merpeople that you know."

It was so quiet.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 PM

Keone nodded her head once and swam upwards to the shallow waters without a word. She didn't speak until she'd shooed some fish out of her chosen hiding place and settled among the kelp leaves. She blended in there, but her dark eyes always shone and her skin tone gave her away no matter how her camouflage looked.

"Wow, your mom sounds very old! I've never counted in years before though." She tilted her head, considering just how long a 'year' might be. She counted in moons or the cycles of the ocean currents and the storm seasons that often took the waters on a fairly predictable schedule. "A lot of travelers used to come to these parts. Or so I heard. No one had come since I was a little tadpole. But elder Anahi was very old and she knew a lot. I liked her and I was always listening."

She shrugged one shoulder. She didn't think she knew much more than Ipo even if she made a habit of being curious. "I think..." She had to think hard to remember. "...That made all this god talk was hush-hush because we feared them. I wonder if maybe the elders knew something or someone that made it so personal." She couldn't be certain, but it did sound interesting.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Ipo took up a resting spot beside Keone so that the leaf-like extensions on his head were level with the majority of the kelp. This put his head high enough that he could see around them for about one body length without having to pop up completely and look. He was only a little harder to spot this way but mostly still stood out like a giant clam on top of a coral reef. Keone blended in much better. You really had to be paying attention to notice her. That kind of blending must come in handy. If the kelp was thicker, she could probably disappear completely, thought Ipo.

"Sometimes years are easier, sometimes moons. Sorry for confusing you. Many, many moons ago, my mom used to counsel the land walkers in her area and they valued her, until they began trying to hunt her. So she went into hiding. She taught me both years and moons, but I agree that moons make more sense. So in lunar years it would be," he did some quick calculations," about 742 moons." Ipo chuckled at the thought of Keone looking like a tadpole and wondered how accurate a description that was or if it was just something said to describe size like how his mother called him a minnow when he was small. "What happened to your elder?"

"It's easy to fear a god without needing a reason besides they are huge and look scary. At least my mom does but she's not a god, only the land walkers used to think so." Ipo considered what Keone had said. If someone knew something personal about a god, any god, it could help him find his dad. In his mind, the gods were all related so the information about them must also be related. "Do you think your elders would be scared to talk to me?" He flashed a smile.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 12:27 AM

Keone twined a kelp stem around one of her fingers as she listened. The plant felt slick and soft, easily moving to her whims as well as the ripples they caused in the water. Much of the other life that hid among the leaves left to go find a better hiding place, but she didn't fear for them. It had been more than a few moons since she last saw a predator in these waters. Did they, like the humans, and Keone's people also leave.

"My elders left long ago. Although these waters have always been our home, they are suffering." She frowned at the kelp plant and continued to run her hand along the leaves in a loving gesture. So much of their lore and their survival relied on the kelp so that it came to feel sacred. "The kelp forests look better now, but I wonder if it's just my imagination or because they have to sustain less life now. Did the leaving of my people save our land? One by one, they all left though until it was just me."

She shook herself, leaving the leaves fanning out away from her hair and revealing her bright face much clearer. "But I know which way they went! If you want, I can take you there and maybe...maybe it's time I follow my people away from here as well." Keone always craved this, though she never let herself acknowledge it. She wanted an adventure.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 07-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Ipo looked around the kelp and sighed. He had seen kelp beds in much worse conditions but only a few that were more healthy than this one. "I don't want to scare you, but this is one of the better places that I have found. That's probably why I stayed in this area as long as I have." His voice trailed off as he recalled traveling through barren oceans where there was no life of any kind, just empty water. It was more than scary traveling through areas like that but the fastest way to a new location was usually straight through it.

He had run into some sharks in those areas, not sure what had drawn them there. Maybe they had simply gotten lost from changing tides and magnetic fields. Either way, they looked sick when they were living in barren lands like that. Thinner than normal and more aggressive, much more aggressive. A few times he was charged at and had to fend them off with the end of his spear. He didn't want to hurt them. Everything has to eat, but he didn't want to become a meal if he could help it.

"How long ago did your people leave?" Ipo considered that if it had been many moons ago they could have easily went in different locations, not wanting to settle at the first place they came to. "If you think there is a chance that we could find them, I'm definitely willing to try!" He got a little excited and grinned at the thought of finding Keone's kind. They had to know something. Maybe.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 PM

Keone felt a dash of despair at Ipo's words, as well as a sense of pride. Maybe it was because deep down she always suspected her home looked more beautiful than anywhere else in the world that she chose to stay. She, unlike the others, didn't think anything better could be found. She shook herself, knowing that dwelling would bring no change to the past. Nor would thinking she was right and they were wrong.

Turning her attention back to the kelp, it took Keone a minute to respond. The answer embarrassed her a little because she got the feeling Ipo expected something different. "The most recent group would be almost....three cycles of the moons ago. Some of the others might be like your years." The start of their migration happened so long ago, she hadn't yet grown fully. The unease started before that. It took longer to convince the entire tribe and for them all to leave and even then, not all agreed. Of the small group left behind, they would disappear one by one or die in their suffering environment until Keone found herself alone.

"But I swear they followed the currents and that should take us right to where they went! Even if they're not still there, I know my people and I'm sure that I can find them!" she added on with a bright smile.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 08-24-2015 at 12:30 AM..

Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-25-2015, 01:09 AM

For a second Ipo could have sworn that keone looked like she wanted to say something but then she shrugged the thought away. Whatever it was, she was surely long past it now.

No matter how long ago it was when Keone's tempest (a cooler name for a school?) left, they were bound to have encountered other groups of native fish and life that would remember their passing. Ipo was happy at the thought. It seemed to him that he was one step closer to finding about his father than he ever was before.

"Wherever you go, I will follow you. Or at least until I find the information that I am looking for." Ipo grinned broadly and nudged Keone. He felt like he had accomplished something finally. He felt like he had made a friend. He gave a small cheer and did a flip again before he hugged Keone.

"Can you see it? This is the start of our adventure!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-25-2015, 02:46 AM

Keone nodded her head already filled with thoughts of the future. When Ipo hugged her, she squeaked with surprise before hugging him back. "Yes! And it's going to be great!" she exclaimed back before she spun away just because she had so much energy now. She couldn't tread water even if she tried her hardest. She needed to swim.

"Oh wow, we should prepare and head out then! What do we need....this and..." she continued to talk to herself as she took off for a denser mass of the kelp. What personal things she owned were tied into the masses the obviously existed as a home for her. Keone tossed her hair out of the way and muttered to the kelp before turning back to see if Ipo followed her.

"Do you think we should take some kelp with us?" she asked. She felt loath to leave all of her home behind even if she knew it was more than time to go. If anything, they could eat the plant, but wasn't it just wonderful to travel with a little bit of home with you? Keone braided a few stalks together as she waited, intending to use them to tie her things to.