Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 AM

I got a lot of free time on my hands nowadays.

I got a few ideas for fun RPs, but I'm using this thread for all of my onexone searches.
My previous thread here has both Group ideas and 1x1 ideas and those are actual plots not pairings.

This will just be a bunch of pairings with a few plots, perhaps.
But mostly just pairings that I'd like to try.

I want RP partners that will be very involved in the RP,
  • Ones that will be honest with me if they lose interest, (which I've yet to experience!) and ones that will notify me if they are unable to post for a while.
  • I'm pretty lenient on posts not being made every day, I won't hound you to get you to post, I'm not like that, but if the RP goes two weeks without a post I will send you a friendly reminder that it's your post. :) If I don't hear anything after a week, I'll send another reminder.
  • I also want my RP partners to be equally involved in the plot as I am. Throw me some twists, throw me some action, some conflict. That's what makes me RP fun and I don't prefer to be the one to support the plot on my own. I'd like some involvement from you as well! :) Your ideas matter to me!

A few points about RPing with me:
  • My style changes with each character I'm playing. I never like to limit myself to one style, but I will consistently share the innermost thoughts of my characters for better overall understanding of the way that character thinks, processes things and will react to certain stimuli in the RP.
  • My characters are flawed. Even my characters that appear to be "perfect" and set-in-stone, they are sometimes unpredictable. Sometimes my characters might do something OOC, but it's only because I feel that it would make sense for the character to have a bit of a personality break, like most regular people would in reality.
  • I like plot twists. And I like not ever knowing exactly what my RP partners are going to do. If you have an amazing idea for a plot twist, GO FOR IT! I won't be upset, I will just roll with it. That's what makes RPing so much fun!

Last edited by Kory; 07-02-2015 at 06:52 PM..

Kory

Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 AM

Pairings:

Modern:
  • Musician x Singer
  • Therapist x Patient
  • Sibling x Sibling (No romance!)
  • Parent and child x Officer of the Law*
  • Officer of the Law x Non-Criminal*

Historical
  • Monarch x Peasant *
  • Diseased x Plague doctor
  • Traveller x Townsfolk
  • Ringmaster x Circus performer
  • Governess x Master of the House

Supernatural
  • Ghost x Human
  • Angel x Human
  • Selkie x Human *
  • Mermaid x Pirate

Fantasy
  • Faun x Human*
  • Fairy x Human

Last edited by Kory; 11-05-2017 at 02:54 PM..

Kory

Old 07-02-2015, 01:14 AM

Plots:

Modern
  • When their child's life was in danger, this parent did the unthinkable and committed a terrible, violent crime against the child's other parent. Now both parent and child are on the run from an officer, who is determined to see the guilty parent behind bars.

• A police officer finds a homeless person sleeping in the park. They appear to have very few belongings, they are not a criminal, just a poor soul who seems to have lost their way. The officer attempts to help this person by offering to help them.

Historical
  • The monarch of some far off country has been well known for marrying many spouses, however, with each year, their spouses mysteriously disappear and are never seen or heard from again. It was a mystery where they go or what happens to them.
    In a frantic effort to keep their kingdom from dividing, this monarch seeks a new spouse who is a peasant. This peasant, however, will soon discover what exactly happens to the spouses who disappear. Can they get away in time before they, too, are erased from their existence?
    (Loosely based on the tale of Bluebeard)

Supernatural
  • "Selkie" is a mythical creature, which, appears to be a seal or a whale when underwater, but when they are on land, they shed their "skin" and take on the form of a beautiful woman. Men will hide their skins and this causes the Selkie to forget their past and be forever bound to land until they are able to remember where their skins were hidden, only then, can they return to the sea.

In this plot, the Selkie is a young woman whose skin had been lost. (my partner can decide whether or not her skin was stolen.) She was captured on a ship, thrown overboard and run aground where she has come to learn that she had forgotten everything from her life as a creature of the sea. My partner can decide whether or not to be the man who stole the Selkie's skin, or to be the man who helps the Selkie find her skin and return to the ocean. (My partner can also decide to be the Selkie, if they so chose! But I would prefer to play the Selkie.)

Fantasy
  • In the woods, there is a faun who enjoys spending time with nature and all of her beauty, but an outside force finds its way into her/his forest and threatens to destroy the life that the forest has created. Faun tails are being collected and sold for a high price, as they are now rare and valuable. There are not very many fauns in the forest anymore and some humans believe that they are only legend. One human (whether they are hunting the faun, trying to save the faun, whatever you choose) finds this faun.
    Anything can happen, it heavily depends on how my partner wants to proceed. There are many possibilities.
    The human can be a hunter, sent to hunt and kill the faun. The human can be a nature lover trying to save the mythical forest. The human can be a wanderer from another town, simply hearing the tale and thinking it's poppycock only to stumble upon the faun by accident... So many possibilities!!

Last edited by Kory; 11-05-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Kory

Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Roleplay samples:

Fandom:
Modern:
Supernatural:

Last edited by Kory; 07-02-2015 at 06:46 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM

Awww, the Selkie :3 I loved the Song of the Sea; such a great movie! I wouldn't mind doing a roleplay like that but I'm kinda busy these next two weeks so I shouldn't start anything until after then :\

Kory

Old 07-08-2015, 01:04 AM

Everyone tells me that The Song Of The Sea is such a good movie!
I need to make time to see it, I love Selkies!

That is no problem, you can feel free to notify me whenever you're ready, if you're still interested in RPing with me.

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 07-08-2015, 12:45 PM

If you're still looking let me say my basics and we'll go from there.

I'm hoping to have at least a minimum of one paragraph from my partner, more would be lovely, but a limit of one to give me something to post to. I do both originals and fandoms right now, currently craving a bit of both. I am looking for something with a little love, I mean it doesn't have to involve it completely, but just a bit. Probably because I haven't found anyone yet and it makes me happy to do so.

About me:
Liebchen, Lie (pronounced Lee), Liebe, etc. Anything you wish to call me.
24 almost 25, female, demi (orientation)
Can play males or females, can play more than one character, doubling, i can play canons too.
My grammar and spelling are pretty good and I try to give a minimum of paragraphs of what my partner wants. I do a a minimum of one but I have known others to ask for 2-3 minimum so let me know what you want minimum wise
I do male/male, female/female, and male/female.
I play just about any of the races (fantasy included) out there.
I love all genres just about, it's rare if I do not, and I am some what getting into anthro I think its what its called or maybe its furry (but the non adult versions)

Care to roleplay? I love plot twists and sometimes I won't tell you if I do something because my roleplay buddy has to be intrigued or surprised as well.

Kory

Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 PM

I usually don't do fandoms, because I like to know the characters very, very well in order to successfully pull them off. That, and I'm also not involved in pop culture because I don't have many means of watching popular TV series or anime.

Do you have any ideas for an RP you'd be interested in doing, Lie?

I'm actually very much craving a Ghost x Human RP, but I'd like to hear from you, what you would like to do.

I'm open to most things. I will do male x male, female x male, and female x female, though I have less experience with RPing the latter.

I am also pretty strict with keeping things PG-13.
I tend to avoid anything sexual in RPs, so if that'll be an issue, please let me know!

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 PM

Oh keeping it pg-13 is preferred. To be honest I can get really close to things like that, but I prefer not to. I like traditional romances involving walks on the beach, cuddling at movies, candlit dinners haha I guess I'm just traditionalized in that field. Honestly I wouldn't mind trying to do a

Ghost/Human sounds interesting, now for this one I can do any orientations and male/male is usually a popular one for me. But I don't mind or crave any of the three so I will let you choose. Also which would you rather do and any ideas for that story? if not I can randomly think of some.

Kory

Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 PM

Sweet!

I was planning to use a female character for the Ghost x Human RP. I'm fine with playing either the ghost or the human, it doesn't make any huge difference to me. (: So if you want to have your character be male or female it doesn't really matter to me. Whatever you want to do! The world is your pearl. (I think that's the saying, right?)

I don't have much for a story idea. I like having stories but I like them to be pretty vague to allow my partners and I to fill in the blanks as we go.

I was thinking that the human character is a hired exorcist or ghost hunter hired by a family who complains of being haunted by a ghost for years. This family is probably very wealthy, so their estate is rather large. They vacated the area and allowed room and board for the hired exorcist to help them get the job done faster. That way the ghost and the human are the only two in the home for the good majority of the story.

We could have a lot of fun with this one. The ghost can have so many dimensions and there is a lot of room for growth in the human character.

Setting is something I've been a little iffy about though, as I think historically, in Western countries most exorcisms happened in the past rather than during modern times. I immediately think of Sleepy Hollow.

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 07-08-2015, 11:23 PM

The ghost could also be a very playful one, but if upset uncontrollable. So maybe they're alone and they want someone to play with, but not the only ghost in the house. Maybe it used to be a family that lived there and died so the parents are wreaking havoc and the kid just wants to play?

Well we can start it in any time period, I haven't done a couple good original roleplays in quite some time. So this is refreshing for me.
Mind if we make it female/female and can I play the ghost?

Kory

Old 07-09-2015, 01:20 AM

That sounds fun!
Sure! You can totally play the ghost. (I'm actually glad you want to be the ghost because the character I had in mind would make a very good exorcist!)

Sure, that works. The ghost doesn't have to be alone, I just thought it may be easier to have the ghost alone with the human.

I'm very excited to do this RP.
I think it would be easier for me to have it set back a centuryish?
So, around 1915? That way my character doesn't have the luxury of modern science to communicate with the ghost. Just pure, old fashioned witchcraft and stuff. That, and just general knowledge. It'd make their communications more genuine and less third party involved, in my opinion. (:

Let me know what you think! And I'll get started on my character bio for this RP.

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 AM

Looks like I am staying up tonight for awhile. Which is really rare anymore, but why not.

Haha, I love playing anything non-human XD that and I never played an exorcist before, I am afraid I might have made them too powerful if I did >.> Plus I like ghosts. Maybe the ghost is alone and other souls want it because it can stay on the middle plane easier than they can. So they're trying to capture it and the ghost is just playing with the other ghosts mocking them (which makes the place seem haunted) lol

Yes oh yes I can picture this in my head and if this roleplay goes well (not being dropped or forgotten and keeps interest) I might even draw out a scene or two later on. Who should begin this? and what is your minimum on paragraphs you want me to write? I have one person who says one, another who says three, but I can write alot, so it doesn't matter to me.

Kory

Old 07-09-2015, 03:35 AM

Lately, I've been staying up all night long. Usually until the sun comes up.
Tonight I can actually afford to stay up late because I do not work tomorrow.

Truth be told, I've never played an exorcist either, but I've watched Sleepy Hollow at least thirteen times, if that counts! xD And I know, there's no exorcism but it has elements I can play from. That, and with the knowledge that this RP will take place in the past, I have more liberties to make things up due to lack of technology.

I am very excited to see how this RP turns out.

I can make the thread, if you want. I kind of like making the threads really pretty and fancy with cute fonts and neat pictures, so it might take a little while. But I've got all night. It's no problem if you don't get to post until tomorrow, I'm in no hurry.

I usually make really big first posts in a new, original, RP. I'm not too picky on length of the post, I'm more interested in detail. If you can pack a ton of detail into one post, that is great! If you need more space for more words, then I'm fine with anywhere from 2-13 paragraphs. Anything longer than 13 paragraphs, I'd say is probably too much detail or too much of your character doing their own thing and too much for me to feed from. XD

I can also make the first post, since I'll be making the thread. :)
So much excite!

---------- Post added 07-08-2015 at 11:14 PM ----------

Liebchen:

Hey, just a quick question, before I make my character's first post, would you like to reserve a spot for your character info?

I can hold off on posting as well, if you'd like to post your character info first before I make my post? So then, the first two posts will be character info.
Or, if you want, I just make my first post, then when you make your post, you can add your character bio and such?

I hope I make sense, it's late, my brain isn't working as well!

Ooops!

Forgot to add the link:
Spooky Action

Last edited by Kory; 07-09-2015 at 04:15 AM..

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 07-09-2015, 04:29 AM

Go ahead and make the first post, we don't have to have actual contact until later on in the story anyways, this way it doesn't seem like we're just jumping in and making them have focus on each other completely. Thats okay from time to time, but a good story focuses on on person and moves gently to the next.

Kory

Old 08-04-2015, 01:58 AM

Updated!

And still looking.
My schedule has changed a little due to treatment, so I will probably be able to respond mostly during the nights. I will do my best to get in one post per night, if possible, if not, I will not go more than three days without a post without letting my partners know otherwise.

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-10-2015, 07:43 PM

Hey Ava. I've looked over some of your plot things and am interested! I'm used to group rps, so I might need a little help every so often (but I have no problem juggling multiple characters when needed).

Your historical monarch with the mystery caught my attention, as well as the one you named 'a little light in the dark' on your other page. Are you feeling up for either one?

I'm around pretty much all the time I'm awake, currently, and am able to post at least a paragraph in responses, often more if you give me plenty to work with. I also am totally in love with complex and growing characters, secrets, and plot twists :D

Kory

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM

I am so excited to hear that you're interested in either of those RPs!! :D

I got really excited when I came up with the plot for the historical monarch, I was very inspired by the tale of Bluebeard.

I'm honestly really, really excited to do the monarch story, so if you would like to do that one we can totally start talking and start setting up some info to start the RP if you'd like! :)

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 PM

Oh awesome! Yeah, it'd be fun to dive into some mysterious happenings. I'm half tempted to go look up Bluebeard now because I'm not so familiar with that tale, but I think I'll keep away from it so I don't get any 'spoilers' haha.

But yeah, go ahead and let me know what you have in mind. I'll sleep on it tonight (its midnight here) and be ready for all the setup in the morning :)

Kory

Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 PM

If I play the monarch, (which I really, really want to!) then I would definitely recommend NOT looking up Bluebeard's tale. It'll make the RP especially fun! :D

I'm open to any ideas you may have. :) Is there a character you would prefer to play?
Got any ideas for a setting, maybe? I'm open to hearing your ideas!
I don't really have anything I'd like to add.

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-11-2015, 11:37 AM

I am all up for surprises, that's what makes rp so fun sometimes :) so go ahead and play the monarch and I can play the peasant. I've got a character type that'll probably suit it quite well, being both unrefined and too curious for her own good, so she's sure to go poking around to figure out what's going on instead of waiting in fear that she's going to be eaten or whatever rumors have been spreading around, lol. (Unless, of course, you meant the monarch to be a queen looking for a boytoy, but still that is fine and I can adapt. Didn't want to make any assumptions since you left it rather gender-neutral)

The premise reminds me slightly of the story of Esther or The Princess Bride, what with the monarch deciding to go find a spouse among the people. Don't know where I'm going with that thought, but it's something that occurred to me and might inspire some little subplot things like a selection process or training in lady-like behavior, which could even just be glossed over or stuck in the background? I'm not sure, I'm just tossing things out there.

I assumed the setting sounded medieval or renaissance in nature, what with the monarch and peasant divide? I mean, there are still monarchs around nowadays, but I doubt they could survive this sort of scandal for long as the media would butcher them, haha (that and you did label it historical). Though, not knowing fully what you have in mind (and not looking it up because, well, surprises!) I don't know if medieval/renaissance europe or if fantasy would be best or even doing some sort of ancient asian twist with it? I'm comfortable with and have done all three of those settings.

Kory

Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 PM

You pretty much read my mind at a lot of these points.

I was thinking of there being some sort of way for the monarch to pick the spouse. I wasn't sure how that should happen, though. Maybe there being a ball that is thrown and all eligible young (wo)men are invited? Or perhaps (wo)men are selected by being brought to the home of the monarch and forced into mandatory tests of eligibility? I don't know, that was the part I was stuck at when it came to figuring out how the monarch and the peasant meet.

To be honest, the character I had in mind for this was male, so if you still want to play your female character, have at it! :) The character I had in mind for this is also pretty white, so I think it'd be hard to make the setting in Asia, but it's definitely very possible if that is what you'd want to do. I could find a way to get my white character to Asia somehow!

When I wrote the plot summary, I did have in mind maybe Medieval Europe, but I am open to what you want to do. I want you to have as much say in this RP as I do. (:

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Medieval europe with a king and a girl peasant works wonderfully with me :)

As far as the selection process goes, it would depend on how he wants to be perceived. If he's not too worried about how they view him, he could make a decree and force it, as you said, all eligible maidens. Or if he was worried about it seeming more legit, as a kind gesture thing, he could make it a voluntary thing where he gussies it up as a beauty competition where he can watch and choose that way, or as a ball where he can mingle and interact and choose the one he likes best that way, then he comes off as more of a generous entertainer sort (also, if they are afraid of him, you still might get people going anyway in hopes of not catching the king's eye, but of either enjoying the evening or snagging a husband of a higher class than themselves). Third option to try to keep it in a positive PR light would be to have one of his men go searching and when he thinks he has found the right one, to make some sort of deal with the family in exchange for her so that there's no big public disturbance over the matter, keep it more of a quiet deal.

So... yeah, it speaks to his character and motives which route you'd go with it.

Kory

Old 08-11-2015, 04:29 PM

I love that last idea. It would be perfect for all characters involved, in my opinion.
It's not a public affair, the king has privacy and the maiden has privacy (somewhat), and then there's no long, unnecessary process to decide on a spouse for the king.

I like it a lot, actually! I think it would also be easier to execute in a roleplay.

Sounds like we have a good plan!

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Okay, yay! I helped! lol. Is there anything else we need to decide on? It feels like we've got general set-up worked out. Any minor characters we need to work out ahead of time or will it be fine to just pick up npcs as needed as we go?