Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 10-30-2020, 07:00 PM

https://discord.gg/uvrkVxvwG4 - Mene discord link!

evilcupcakecat
There will ALWAYS be confusion.....

Old 10-31-2020, 01:26 AM

This makes me very upset. I practically grew up here. Good memories.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 AM

I have not been posting or surfing around forum for the longest time. Only log in everyday to flex my fingers playing Tetris game. Study and working life had been quite busy and exhausting.

I hope everyone is doing well especially under this COVID situation.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 11-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Wow... I don't think I have logged back on to this site for ages. It will be sad to see it go. I met my partner on this site and yes, we are still in contact nearly ten years later. We talk on Discord and continue to RP. Reading back on our messages on here has been an emotional time for me. 2013 was really a different time in my life and I have changed drastically in these seven years. I will continue to remember Mene as not only the place I met my soulmate, but also the place I made friends. The place that filled that void left by Tinierme. The place I honed my RP skills in. My once home, now forgotten and soon to disappear into the void. Thanks to all staff and members that made this site a fun place to be when I needed it the most.
- Ash, no longer known as NekoLen.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2020, 02:52 AM

As someone mentioned, if we could get the rights to the site, we can save it that way. But in the meantime, save all info you can about friends, avatars, as well as the site lore and characters!

Lilianaire
*^_^*

Old 12-20-2020, 10:54 AM

It's been too long since I logged into this site, and it's kinda sad to see the confirmation of what we all feared. I was still in high school when I joined this site, and I'll always cherish the memories made over the last 11 years here. I'm on the Mene Discord (though more as a lurker ^^; ), as well as a few other avatar sites like Voltra and Pantheon, but I tend to go by chronicDreamer now. While a tiny ember in my heart hopes that Mene will one day get a revival, whether by some miracle of Inso returning or it getting bought by former users and rebuilt, I'm glad those of us who made friends and acquaintances here have places to reconnect when the last lights here go dark.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 12-21-2020, 08:28 PM

Thank you so much for an official update.
I gotta say I knew this was coming but God its terribly sad to have it confirmed.
This site literally saved my life in a lot of ways.
(I just knew y'all had some kind of file on me back there lol)
When I joined this site I was 17 years old and I was a messed up pup. I met SOOO many people on here that ALL changed my life for the better. I met a person on here and got to experience a Dramatic Life-Altering Relationship which was both a horrible and wonderful experience but in the end that person was sort of a life vest for me when I was drowning IRL and whoever they were in reality I hope they know how important they were in my life at that time and I hope they are doing amazing. I will say that I will not be upset if avatar art of myself and this person which is still floating around here after all these years vanishes into the abyss if/when Mene goes POOF because truthfully its embarrassing. o_o; The things you draw when you're 17/18 omg x___x;;;
I met my fiance here too. And I know for a fact that some people rightly questioned my sanity after I actually started living with him just 4 1/2 months after we met on Mene. I look back on the things I did back then and just you know, thank God he wasn't a serial killer I guess lol. But he is still the best thing that's ever happened to me. And after all we have been through in the past, going on 10 years now, I know he is my Person and I thank God everyday for Menewsha because without this website we never would have met in all likelihood.
This website/people I've met on this website have gotten me through over the years, in order, a bad home life as a teen, an abusive relationship, the death of my infant nephew, my mental health breakdown, drug problems, the loss of my home/hometown due to a disaster and the PTSD that went with that, the death of my beloved grandpa to cancer, my Nana's ever-worsening dementia, my Nana and Daddy's cancer battles, me trying to get my sh*t together so I could start college, and finally my Nana and Daddy's deaths and my mother's suicide attempt that were just a part of the Absolute Horror that was 2018-2019 when I lost 6 people who were incredibly important to me in 7 months. I legitimately do not know how I would have made it through all of that without Mene and the people I met here. I know I wouldn't have made it through everything that 2018/19 threw at me without my fiance, who I wouldn't have met without Mene.
I want to thank everyone who made this site what it was.
I think about so many of you every single day. I love you all so much.

I will still pop in...until there's nowhere to pop. *bittersweet smile*
I do plan on migrating somewhere if you all have good recommendations. Or I might become active on Gaia again. My name on there is still Jocylyn. Maybe we can make a guild (do they still do guilds on Gaia? I feel very old and outdated right now LOL) for former Mene users?
I do have discord for Pokemon Go purposes lol. I didn't know there was a Menewsha discord. :O

Thank you so much for 13 amazing crazy years. Thank you for saving my life and helping me build a good life for myself. I'm sorry I always cussed so much lol.
I wish every last one of you the very best in life.

Love so much,
Kita

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2020, 12:18 AM

Oh wow, this was... A lot to discover, logging in. I suppose I will need to do a throughout screenshot and contact gathering these holidays.

This place is filled with memories, of all kinds. I knew it was coming for a while, but still it feels heavy.

Darth Mudkip
The ninja in your toliet.

Penpal

Old 01-02-2021, 08:43 PM

I was shocked to see this page come out of the new years mess. I thought it Mene was gone for good yesterday.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-07-2021, 07:07 AM

It's not an unexpected revelation, but it's still sad...and I'm still gonna stay with Mene till the bitter end. I'm also on Voltra (Geist), Pantheon (TheMadWitch-Queen), Gaia (Shadows10000), Subeta (also Shadows10000), Avaricia (The Magician), Caedon (An Draiodh), and Windlyn (Cryptid). I'm working on creating sister versions of The Space Station hangout on those places, to keep a little bit of Mene alive.

So far the only sites with a Space Station are Voltra and Pantheon, but it's got a discord! Woo!
https://discord.gg/yeav8SM

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-07-2021, 03:06 PM

Ah, I should add you on Subeta if you're actually active on there... >.>
If you get a friend request from RainbowCat, that's me. XD

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-08-2021, 09:21 AM

Noted!
I'm still trying to figure out where the hangout forum is on Subeta, so I can make a branch of the Space Station there too X'D.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-08-2021, 04:10 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's under Forum Groups. XD
Idk, the forum categories on Subeta are kind of a nightmare so I only venture into the event forums right now xD

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-09-2021, 05:16 PM

I just now saw this announcement and I just have to say that I knew this was probably what would happen but having confirmation is devastating. I'm actually crying. I love you guys so much and I love Mene so much. I've spent half my life on here. I've made life long friends, a few (now ex but still friends) boyfriends, so many avatars, so many great great memories. I'm so sad. Thank you to everyone who every talked to me, who ever made me laugh, who ever comforted me in a time of need, who ever helped me with my items quests, those of you who participated in my avi contest, and those of you who ever bought or wanted my art (which I still see in a lot of signatures )

Thank you to all the staff who ran events and kept us going for the time we had. I appreciate all of you so so much.

There's so much to say and yet not a lot left to say.

If anyone wants to keep in contact I'm in the mene discord, and on Voltra as just Ruby (I got the original this time!). I'm on Pantheon as well but barely log on there. Voltra has become my new home but Mene will always have a special place in my heart. A place that shaped me. My first site after Gaia. I'll miss it more than anything. It's like losing a loved one.

my discord is also Ruby#0667 if anyone just wants to add me.

I love you guys, I love you Menewsha, thank you for so many memories.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 PM

I knew it would end up like this some day but I didn't want it to come.

Obsidian
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Obsidian

Old 01-19-2021, 08:25 PM

Kaeska discord: https://discord.gg/3MYqtVK

I know I've been absent since this covid thing but starting to get more active now with some new updates on their way.

kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 01-21-2021, 07:58 AM

Is it possible to have the Mene discord invite reposted? The one at the top of the page no longer works >< :)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-22-2021, 02:36 AM

Here you go~
https://discord.gg/fzz4GR4Nqq

Silver Magi
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-30-2021, 06:23 AM

*soft weeping*

I had a tendency to creep around, read old RPs, to check in and see if there was ever a glimmer of hope - but I knew this day would come and it HURTS. :C
I'll come and join the discord one day - giant hugs to everyone! <3

On a side note; if anyone from the days of yonder see this - thank you so much for the RP'ing, the anxiously-awaited replies in event threads, and the loving guidance for a confused young'un over the past decade and some - y'all made growing up in the realm of the internet unlike anything else I could have asked for - BLESSINGS - THANK Y'ALL! I LOVE'YA forever and ALWAYS! <3 ;______;

Last edited by Silver Magi; 01-30-2021 at 06:36 AM..

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-03-2021, 07:19 PM

I knew something like this would happen eventually, because there hasn't been anything done in years. I've never been one to be really active on this site and the few times I've come back hoping to catch the tail-end of an event or having an actual update on things, I've been disappointed.

SonicSweeti
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to SonicSweeti

Old 02-23-2021, 12:48 PM

Sad to see this site go, I had some amazing roleplay hours here (ahh those long college nights) and I adored the avatar styles and item system. Ive been on here for a LONG time and always made sure to log in here in there to be sure I stayed active. Sad to see it go, but sadly this is the way of avatar sites these days :[
Thanks for the staff who made mene what it was. I loved it here.

pollik17
*^_^*

Old 04-21-2021, 08:54 AM

I just logged in to check on the site... good memories indeed

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 05-12-2021, 03:32 PM

I accidentally clicked on Mene link and was like why not check in. I am bummed to hear that this site is a going to sink. I enjoyed my time here and met so many wonderful people on here. I had a great time drawing a lot of avatars here. I finally picked up my drawing tablet after 3 years.

I will miss all the wonderful events and the active chatting that was once here. I do check in on Gaia here and there, but I am mostly active on Twitch since I do stream. twitch.tv/pikachika702. I hope to see some old friends there!

Thank you again for the wonderful years here on Mene!!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 08-19-2021, 12:39 AM

I am very late to this announcement, and feeling a lot of grief.
Not surprised at all, just very very sad.

avi
a ladee

Old 09-16-2021, 04:30 PM

So sad to see the site go :( I think I've been on this site since I was 12 (sorry if that was against tos lol) and it was the foundation for a lot of the drawing I did and getting to know very nice people.

Thanks to the staff for the good memories ;w;