KamenRiderNadeshiko
Henshin Heroine

Old 03-17-2021, 03:57 AM

Is anybody still reading this?

I'll admit I was never much of a poster here. I used to come here to mostly play with the avatar creator. Now that this place is almost dead, I feel bad about not posting here enough. I haven't posted on here since 2017, around the time Mene started to die.

I first came here back in 2008 at age 15, I had a different username back then. I think I first heard about Mene from an ad banner while reading web comics, I can't remember which one. Looking back at my old posts, they seem so cringy now.

I have a very distinct memory of chatting with other users during one of the events. I remember talking about Star Trek and sneaking downstairs to get a midnight snack. Looking back at old posts, it was the Airship Dining Hall during the 2010 Phoenix Jubilee.

This was a great site, and I didn't appreciate coming here more. I regret not posting more and being more social. I was never a social person. I don't have any online friends, nor do I use social media. I don't think joining a Discord would be of any use.

I'm going to miss playing with the avatar creator. I loved how much effort was taken into creating the many different pieces of clothing to dress up my avatar with. I used to like collecting lolita style fashions, and making magical girl-type characters. The avatar I have now looks like a magical idol singer. Then I'd get tired of collecting certain types of clothing, sell them back, and collect pieces in a totally different style like grunge, or school uniform. It was fun.

I sometimes think about how we could save this place, but I know it would be useless, nor do I know how we could go about doing it. Maybe I should look into the Discord thing, but I know I would never really use it.

I feel a bit better about posting this. I've actually been thinking about doing this for a long time now, but never got around to doing it. I think if the site were still alive, I'd definitely post more. It would have given me something to do during last year's lockdown.

There are only a very few of them, but I guess I had some nice memories here.

Last edited by KamenRiderNadeshiko; 03-17-2021 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Typo.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 03-27-2021, 02:38 PM

obligatory: uchuu kitaaaaaa~ XD

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-31-2021, 12:03 PM

I sure miss what this site used to be. I definitely have nice memories of it too. ; w;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-02-2021, 12:01 PM

I still check here from time to time but without Inso actually fixing the site...there is no hope :( It's so sad!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 04-10-2021, 05:21 PM

this was nice to read. makes me feel nostalgic for when i first joined too. i was working overnights in a group home and i found it when i happened to stumble across an ad on facebook maybe? or some other website popup ad. it was so long ago (2009) that i can't even remember. i feel like i'm a different person. i will always look at this place and all of you with a special fondness and warmth in all my gooey insidey bits

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-14-2021, 10:42 PM

I miss it so much. ;___;

Mizayo
The Embodiment of Geekiness

Old 05-10-2021, 04:33 AM

I know the feeling. Just realized I had this site hidden deep within my bookmarks on Chrome and I just had to revisit. I was so sad to learn it's pretty much busted now. I'll always remember ducking in every day to hang out and play games, dress up my avatar, etc. My favorite hangout was art exchange forums - everyone was so talented on there... I wonder how everyone's lives are going now? I hope its going good. <3

Username Censored
Grave digger
Send a message via MSN to Username Censored

Old 05-10-2021, 11:58 AM

Just now I was struck with the sudden urge to revisit Menewsha after a long time. Reading this made me happy, and a bit bittersweet perhaps. Just logging back on here made me feel wonderful <3

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-10-2021, 10:49 PM

Just dropped in to say hi

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 05-24-2021, 08:31 AM

I used to really love this place too. I was so addicted to it when I joined. I came back on a whim tonight. It is sad to see how quiet it is here now.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 05-30-2021, 02:57 AM

Their is a Menewsha discord if any use that.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-29-2021, 10:28 PM

I'm afraid I don't recall how I came across Menewsha all those years ago. What I do remember is that I was immediately part of the art threads and I particularly enjoyed dressing the avatar. It was a fun community and I did enjoy myself quite a bit.

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 07-30-2021, 10:46 PM

I think a lot of us share those same feelings. I too was always more of a lurker, but there were some good friendships made along the way. And I do and will continue to remember them fondly. :)

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 07-31-2021, 10:31 PM

I don't actually remember much about Menewsha back in the day. I guess I was also more of a lurker too. But I remember the events being fun.
I...always thought I made good friends on here, but in reality, I doubt if anyone actually remembers me at all.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-01-2021, 09:20 PM

I sure remember you, Kaderin. X3

Socrates' Child
May or may not be Bea Arthur. J...

Old 08-03-2021, 11:59 PM

I miss this place too, as it happens. I can't remember how to log on on my Biggles account however.

SSCeles
*mreow?*
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles

Old 09-19-2021, 06:42 PM

I did some of my first art commissions ever on this site. I was more active here than other sites because it wasn't well known enough to be blocked by the school's filters. Must've been either 2007 or 2008, because I graduated in 2008.

Kylie
The Original Angel - Member 620

Old 09-22-2021, 01:25 AM

Did a lot of growing here. What a different time in my life that was.

We can reflect on the lessons learned and find comfort in how we've matured since then.

Hean
o7

Old 10-26-2021, 08:56 PM

I remembered Menewsha after one of my old Gaia accounts were hacked, feels surreal to come check in and see how quiet it's gone.
Still, spent some time here that was worth it.

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 10-27-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hean View Post
I remembered Menewsha after one of my old Gaia accounts were hacked, feels surreal to come check in and see how quiet it's gone.
Still, spent some time here that was worth it.
I know right! I was just thinking of Menewsha and I decided to come check it out. I remember every day I was on here I am so shocked to see how much there is a lack of activity.