ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2023, 10:27 PM

Oh gosh, that makes me even less likely to invest in it... Or at least I'll hold off on it, because I'm full of good intentions now, but I know myself so it's always a big question regarding how long that might last

Ooooh, the inner high light thing sounds fun! Do you have an example of it, tho? I'm not sure what to imagine with it, heh. xD

Good point regarding struggling with twitter, tho... for me, I only use it to be informed when a band I like goes on tour, and I only follow pixel artists aside from that. So that's why I see a lot of pixel art on there. But true enough, I wouldn't even know how to begin looking for something on there. Not to mention that it's a Hell Site currently owned by a Shitty Person.
The Tumblr interface IS annoying, but it is also nice and familiair in a sense. I'm with you on the love/hate relationship. And also being back on there since ages ago.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 10:42 PM

if you can learn on GIMP or some other open source program, i'd definitely recommend that! i just always really struggled with the interfaces because i only ever took classes on Photoshop. but a lot of the free/open-source programs out there for digital art are really good, and some can even do things PS can't.

hmm, Loish is the first artist that comes to mind for me. it's also used in some old animes, but i can't think of one off the top of my head. just this thing with the really chunky highlight that extends onto the inside color, sometimes the stark white:

but my favorite is when she chooses highlight colors that complement mood lighting:

yeah, i can definitely see how when you know the right people to follow it can be a great site! it's just so not set up for easily finding and following people unless the algorithm already knows what you like, and even then it's mostly sponsored stuff that was popping up for me. thanks Muskrat.

that's true, i appreciate that it's familiar and they didn't go and change anything but the background color. (which is so funny to me, how many shades of blue are they gonna run through? )

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2023, 10:44 PM

Ooooh, I see what you mean! Also excellent choice - I love Loish's art!

Bwahahah, "muskrat". xD

Not to mention, how many shades of basically THE SAME BLUE? It's such a disaster, but I say that affectionately.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 10:49 PM

she's so good! her color palettes have always really inspired me. i did this teeny tiny redraw of one of her drawings for a deviantArt contest a few months ago:

https://www.deviantart.com/loish/art...tyle-851143833

right?? like someone was like "ehhh, nobody will notice, we'll just graaadually make it darker"

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2023, 10:53 PM

Super cool! Also super cool that you did a tiny redraw of that art piece!
Another artist who uses colour beautifully is Yoshi Yoshitaini - I think you might like them, too! It's a very different art style, but they use colours in such a way that it really makes the image very impactful.

Maybe it started out as a teeny tiny prank and it just escalated? One of the developers just being bored one day and deciding to change it to see when people would start noticing.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 11:25 PM

wow, their art is gorgeous!! i love the use of those bold, vivid reds and turquoises. i think i've seen some of their tarot deck before.

ahaha right?? like now it's an inside joke nobody knows when to stop. they keep thinking it's over and then some old programmer sneaks it into the code again or what if they just don't write down the hex code, and they have to make a guess every time at what color they think it might have been?

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-18-2023, 12:12 AM

Oh yeah, their tarot deck gained a LOT of traction on TikTok and such! But right? The bright, bold colours are so stunning and impactful. I am full of awe~

Bwahaha, considering it's TUMBLR we're talking about, having to take a stab at the hex code each time something changes about the site seems like a very plausible thing.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-16-2023, 09:21 PM

wheeeee i finally sat down to make these items i've been wanting to make.... skittles panties!! i've got M&Ms in the works too.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-16-2023 at 09:23 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 10:20 PM

OMG Ghostie! I'm dying

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-16-2023, 10:30 PM

i had to

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-22-2024, 02:30 AM

posting with my first Mene recolor! the Brokenhearted Auld Lang Syne pin~

here's an example of it on a dream avi

and here's the item it's based on, it's one of my favorite old rare items, the New Year's Hairpin

Flaria
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Flaria Send a message via MSN to Flaria Send a message via Yahoo to Flaria

Old 01-22-2024, 09:01 AM

Looking fantastic!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-22-2024, 06:23 PM

tysm!!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-26-2024, 05:57 PM

Woah, I wish I could see the clock-face but other than that I love the colors you used. * o* Is there purple in there??

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2024, 02:45 AM

thanks Kent! i couldn't figure out which color would contrast and stick out enough on the black with such a small scale �� i did use some purple yeah! i like using it as the shadow color for black, i feel like it gives it some depth

---------- Post added 02-15-2024 at 10:10 PM ----------

i tried it with red on the clock face

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-16-2024 at 03:10 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-18-2024, 06:19 AM

I kinda wonder if you lightened the lightest shade in the black to more of a dark grey tone if that would work. Many times the EIs and CIs have pallets that are tweaked just a touch in order to make them work with the item.