Floo123
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM

It's kind of awkward to draw the opposite gender, isn't it? :?

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2007, 07:56 PM

I have trouble drawing any gender. x'D
But with males... I don't even have a clue about anatomy.
Muscles and stuff are hard. * O*

Jadiesama
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Jadiesama

Old 10-01-2007, 01:16 AM

it's really not that hard to draw guys. they're like women, but without boobs. quite frankly i find guys pretty easy to draw. I just choose not to draw them alot. A very VERY bad habit, but one i'm doing my best to break.

Kiralisha
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 AM

That's a bit odd. I don't find guys any harder to draw than girls, just different. A good artist should be able to do both, especially if they are offering commissions. Besides, there are so many amazing art tutorials on the internet and DA that all you really need to do is practice.

I'm suddenly tempted to go off and start drawing manly men :|

akane1412
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-05-2007, 07:18 PM

I find it easier to draw guys than girls and I'm a girl XD
Do you still need art on your avy? I think I could do it ^^ though I'm not too good with art but I can do my best o.o

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 PM

every now and then drawing male avatars get to me. Since I've focused on drawing mostly females up until a couple of years ago, I've found it hard to draw males.
I'm working on it though. Little by little I'm getting better. I think with enough practice, no one will notice the difference.

aimi sakuko
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 AM

i think it is harder to draw the male because of their body figure...most of my arts or i can say 90% of them are females x)
plus, females hair is more interesting to draw ( im saying this because im not good in drawing short hair as most guys have ) @_@

Dr Faust VIII

Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Men should not be hard to draw for someone who has been drawing for a while. Most children I know have a lot of trouble drawing boys and men though.

Eevee
Smiley Abuser @ w @

Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Well, a site like this does attract more girls than boys since its a place to chat and play dress-up with avatars that appear cutesy, so most of the artists I've seen on here are female.

When I began to draw seriously many years ago, I always drew females since I am one and I hung around them more.
Now, being more educated in drawing females, when I attempt males, they look feminine since my only model is myself. They look either ridiculously skinny and long-legged with a feminine face, which pretty much sums up what males found in most yaoi and bishoujo manga/anime look like, or they look childishly young.

I stick with chibi since I like cutesy stuff and it gives a reason for the males to appear childish or feminine lol

That could be the case with the people you've commissioned to draw your male character.

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM

Guys are hard to draw for me. Girls are too but I think I'm better at them since I seem to draw..well..more of them that guys. But the trouble is the torso on guys for me. D: I CAN'T DO IT. I end up giving them man boobs or something funky.

I also can't draw guys hair. D: Unless it's long, you're going to have some shitty hair unless I take a half hour to perfect every little strand. //perfectionist

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 AM

I am not sure why it would matter. Men have features the same as women..nose, eyes, ears, ect. Sometimes their hair is easier. I have seen many people who can't do boys for some reason though.

`Monox!de
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to `Monox!de Send a message via MSN to `Monox!de

Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM

I used to have a serious problem with guys, but now it's the girls I have a problem with. I seriously spend thirty minutes trying to draw their breasts right. With guys, it's just like two straight lines that eventually curve inward, and then the hips. It's so easy. <33 I love drawing guys. >:3 The only thing I don't like about guys is that their hair is so short, and I'm afraid of short hair...I usually end up making heads too big, so I use big hair to cover that up. It fixes the problem pretty nicely. o wo With guys, though, it doesn't work as well because I like drawing...manly men...but they end up looking girly. (I had about a million people calling a guy I was drawing she. I laughed. xDD)

But really, I think it's more difficult for girls to draw guys because they started drawing girls first, mainly because they're girls. That's what I did. I wanted to draw myself as an anime person so bad that I was the only person I drew. I tried drawing guys but the ended up looking awful...so yeah. e we