Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 AM

So has anyone read this manga? ^-^

Yakitate!! Japan is about a boy name Kazuma Azuma who dreams of making Ja-pan*. Azume is a genius baker, though quite naive and clueless, with the legendary solar hands. He makes all types of different breads and heads to Tokyo to learn more about bread-making. It seems like a simple story, but actually it is quite funny, using many types of funs and hilarious moments and scenes.

* Japan is a pun. You know how France has French Bread, a bread named after their country, Azuma wants to make a Japanese Bread. Pan is the Japanese word for bread. Ja (Japanese) - pan (bread) Japan! xD

So discuss:
Favorite Character?
Least Favorite Character?
Favorite part of the Store? (or story arc)
Favorite Japan?
Bread or Rice?
Manga or Anime?
And anything else you can think of this that goes with this manga/anime. xD

Skada
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Skada

Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM

i have yet to read the manga (how many volumes are out?) but i saw the first few episodes of the anime. it was very amusing. i'd love to get my hands on the manga...

and i'm a rice person myself... but i'd love some of that soy bread they fed his grandfather *nodsnods*

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 PM

I simply adore the Yakitate manga. Well I haven't watched the anime so I can't compare, but the manga is the most hilarious thing. Some of the puns are a little hard to understand, and I don't get all of the jokes (I think you need to be native Japanese XD) but it is serious the funnies manga I've ever read.

My favourite arc is the original bread making competition with in the company, because you never know what's going to happen. Where as right now I'm just about guessing that they always win. XD

Yakitate has even got me interested in baking bread! Me and a few friends mucked around in my kitched trying to make Japan XD Although I'll always prefer rice, grew up on it.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM

Star and anyone who hasn't seen the anime, definitely should! Not that I have read the manga, but the anime is pure hilarity!

It's really neat too, during the ending credits they show you how to make the new Japan from the show!

I think I like when they compete against the different countries the best. Wait, I don't know. It's so hard to choose! All of it is so funny!

I adore how they exaggerate the different reactions to the bread. XD;;

I love bread and rice! I can't choose. D:

k4it0u
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to k4it0u

Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 AM

• Ah, the manga is drool-worthy <333!
    Beautiful artwork, comedic, and totally swell <3.
    Both anime and the manga is sweet x3. Wish I got to finish reading the rest of the manga, though ;3;.

I love Kuroyanagi, Kawachi, Ken, and the St. Pierre person [hm, don't know the name o3o;;....I think one of the younger ones xD;]. They're all hardcore :B. Tehe, Y!!J makes you crave for bread :9.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 AM

I should go watch the anime, but there are so many other things I haven't catched up watching/reading XD

Is the anime full of puns as well? Because the manga was like one big joke book.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine
I should go watch the anime, but there are so many other things I haven't catched up watching/reading XD

Is the anime full of puns as well? Because the manga was like one big joke book.
You bet babeh! <3

Tons of puns for all the youngins. XD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skada
i have yet to read the manga (how many volumes are out?) but i saw the first few episodes of the anime. it was very amusing. i'd love to get my hands on the manga...

and i'm a rice person myself... but i'd love some of that soy bread they fed his grandfather *nodsnods*
Umm 4 volumes are out in English, but I know sub-groups have translated all the way up to volume 17-18. ^_^

Skada
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Skada

Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
Umm 4 volumes are out in English, but I know sub-groups have translated all the way up to volume 17-18. ^_^
ooooh, thank you. i shall see if my bookstore can get those in. i work in a bookstore and thus only buy manga. reading online isn't really my thing...

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skada
Quote:
ooooh, thank you. i shall see if my bookstore can get those in. i work in a bookstore and thus only buy manga. reading online isn't really my thing...
ah. xD Well good luck then finding them! *nods*

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 AM

Oh man. I remember watching this at the anime club down in Savannah. And I must say, this is the FUNNEST thing to watch with 70 hyperactive nerdy college students. We kept throwing the best comments and random character connections.

Unfortunately, I can't remember who was who. We gave everyone their own nicknames.

My favorite character was the fruity-as-shit dude who ran the bread store. We dubbed him 'Gay Zechs'. He rocked so hard.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
Oh man. I remember watching this at the anime club down in Savannah. And I must say, this is the FUNNEST thing to watch with 70 hyperactive nerdy college students. We kept throwing the best comments and random character connections.

Unfortunately, I can't remember who was who. We gave everyone their own nicknames.

My favorite character was the fruity-as-shit dude who ran the bread store. We dubbed him 'Gay Zechs'. He rocked so hard.
xD I think I know who you're talking about. xD I don't remember his name though. Ummm Mister Kiriseki or something like that. The guy with the mask and magically birds right? xD

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:

xD I think I know who you're talking about. xD I don't remember his name though. Ummm Mister Kiriseki or something like that. The guy with the mask and magically birds right? xD
Yes indeedy. Gay Zechs that is. xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 04:22 AM

Quote:
xD now that you mention it. They look alike. xD

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And that grumpy chef dude who had the badass bread reactions was 'Roy, the baking Alchemist' xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And that grumpy chef dude who had the badass bread reactions was 'Roy, the baking Alchemist' xD
*chokes* xD hoe! That's so true! xD He's not as awesome as Roy where as Roy isn't as funny. xD But wow! I have a new reason to fangirl over the "roy the baking alchemist" xD

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 AM

I forgot to say how much I love Koyasu Takehito playing as that one dude from Harvard. He is my favorite character. I love his reactions! XD <3<3

<3 for Seito! :shock:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris
I forgot to say how much I love Koyasu Takehito playing as that one dude from Harvard. He is my favorite character. I love his reactions! XD <3<3

<3 for Seito! :shock:
xD The reactions are awesome. xD

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM

I began read that, it was so strange to see that Japan though french things was so excellent. Probably because I eat it everyday >.<;

torhu_anime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to torhu_anime

Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM

my favorite character probably kazuma cause he alway think of weird thing and making his bread really weirdly.
or kawachi cause he alway so funny and he go from having hair to alfo to bald to wig to bald and to hair again. he alway like "what did u say?!!"
the manager [Ken right?] cause he like funny
the taste tester dude [dont remember his name] he so funny with all his reaction stuff. XD
i didn't read the manga but i watch the anime and i think it really funny and i wish they have the season 2 or something cause it was so funny and i want to know if kazuma azuma will ever remember the old dude /enemy/the one who teach him how to make bread

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2007, 06:21 PM

I have read the first graphic novel and I have the second one out of the library but I haven't read it yet because I have other things to read first ^_^'

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Favorite Character?
Kazuma. xD He's soo slow that he makes the anime so freakin' funny. xD
Least Favorite Character?
Hm...I'd say Yukino. D< I hate her so much because she's freaky and a moron. I don't like the Kayser brothers either..D:
Favorite part of the Store? (or story arc)
Not sure...I love all parts of it. =D
Favorite Japan?
Too much to list.. xDD
Bread or Rice?
I love rice, but after I started watching this anime, I started to like bread more and more...
Manga or Anime?
Anime 'cause I've never read the manga. ^^;;

doctorjackal777
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 AM

You know, there's nothing quite like an Anime about bread, that takes time to throw in superpowers on the side. Like solar hands and stuff. I stopped watching it some time ago, not cause it was bad, I just lost interest. That happens a lot. I like pretty much all the characters.