zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 PM

I would like to suggest some sort of organization for the items within each shop? I'm not really sure what sort of organization is in place now but it seems nonsensical to me. It seems more logical to me that they'd be put in alphabetical, by price, or by add date or something...

I have dial-up where I lived ant it takes me forever just to find out where items are... First I have to figure out what shop it's in and search through each page, waiting at least like 2 to 5 minutes for each page to load... It'd be very useful if each shop was arranged in a way that I could more easily find items or have an actual directory of where items are in one of the forums.

I'm sure it'd probably take a lot of work to implement something like this and it's nothing big that really interrupts the flow of the site or whatever, it'd just be a lot more convenient for those of us who are still stuck in the stone ages with our internet connection.

clock
tick tock

Old 06-10-2008, 09:23 PM

They are sort of organized by price, it's just kind of hard to tell.
Like:

Just look at the first number when you go to buy something. 1000g items are on the last page cus it starts with a 1.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Ah... I see. I guess that makes it a bit easier... I really think the best way though would be alphabetically or by add date... I keep going to look for the new items and can't find them for a while because they're on the middle pages...

Still... It's probably all a matter of opinion and each person would want this way or that way that works best for them so I'm not sure... T_T

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-10-2008 at 09:36 PM..

clock
tick tock

Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM

I agree, it is hard to find stuff sometimes when you're in a rush. I'd like it to be organized by the actual price in the future. :yes:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-10-2008, 10:06 PM

This is actually a duplicate topic so I'll be locking it up once I've responded.

The store ordering is a mess right now I know. I've asked Ken to put it back to how it was before, which would put all new items at the back as they sorted themselves by ID number. We do eventually want the items to be listed by price, but also for everything to stay grouped in sets, and I'm not sure how possible that's going to be.

But in the meantime, it will be easier if they return to their previous sorting method.